Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 23 2013, 08:53 AM (9,908 Views)
Pookie
Member Avatar

I didn't realize how much I missed Father Hawtness until I saw him again today. ****Sigh****
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

DiMeraFan67
Apr 23 2013, 09:12 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 23 2013, 08:13 PM
six
Apr 23 2013, 06:38 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 04:30 PM
Nighttime Hope hosed Bo down with gasoline and attempted to burn Bo ALIVE. She set the man on FIRE for fuck's sake! Hope is definitely not "too good" for Vargas. They've both been to prison for crimes they've committed.

I'm definitely open to Vope's chemistry being explored.

But until we hear that Vargas was drugged while he did the the things he did, he and Hope aren't on the same level. Right now, she is too good for him, imo, but then Brady's too good for Kristen and Eric's too good for Nicole. Lopsided pairings can happen and work. IMO, Hope is better suited toward Rafe, though. IDK if I'd buy her moving Mr. Unrepentant Ex-Con in with Ciara.
Bo moved husband-stabbing Carly in with Ciara. Just saying...
Kayla was too good for Steve, but that didn't stop people from falling in love with the couple and rooting for them.
As for Hope/Rafe, they're more suited to being friends & partners at work. I don't see any romantic vibes between them. Let's not forget that on the day of Nabi's first wedding attempt, Hope was overjoyed that Sami & Rafe were back together.
Really? Carly stabbed her husband as he was beating her...

I know we don't like CC anymore because of her actions, but these things are not comparable.
technically, we never really saw Lawrence abuse Carly, so we don't know if he really did, or if she just used that as her justification to stab him & run back to Salem with her scroll. Most of what we saw of Lawrence was Carly's hallucinations of him.

I think Ciara would rebel less against Vargas than she did against Carly.

Kenny
Member Avatar

AFaithL

Shawn Christian looks GREAT

Pookie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 23 2013, 09:55 PM

Lemme see that booty work, booty work, booty, booty, booty WORK. Left cheek, right cheek, left cheek, right cheek!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Edited by Pookie, Apr 23 2013, 10:04 PM.

Sweet and Salty

Jason47
Apr 23 2013, 09:34 PM
DAYSisHOT
Apr 23 2013, 05:35 PM
Jason47
Apr 23 2013, 04:40 PM
TRIVIA QUESTION!!

With today's LUCKY 11...it brought to mind this trivia question: Does anyone know which episode had the LEAST amount of characters in it??

(Answer will be posted later tonight)

PS: It also is tied for the least amount of sets used in an episode too!
Is it the episode with John after the possession when he is recaping what happened?
Congrats, DaysIsHot!

July 5, 1995, the possession recap episode, had just two characters and one set!

7/5/95:
Cast: John, Father Jansen, Billie (FBO), Bo (FBO), Caroline (FBO), Kristen (FBO), Marlena (FBO), Mike (FBO), Sami (FBO), Stefano (FBO), Tony (FBO), Curtis (FBO), Isabella (FBO), Father Francis (FBO), Dr. Lafontaine (FBO), Dr. Ward (FBO), Dr. Mason (FBO), Voice (FBO), Beast (FBO), Panther/animal (FBO).
Sets: Johnís Loft.
Thanks Jason! That was fun! ✨

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tomsawyer
Apr 23 2013, 08:15 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 08:04 PM
Matt's going to be in orgasmic glee tomorrow.
Seriously you guys, we need to make sure he doesn't explode. I have to leave early tomorrow too so we need another one of live play-by-players to keep an eye on him. Call 911 if he doesn't post at least every three minutes.
I'm tempted to whip out a "judging you" tweet for his fangirling on twitter tomorrow because he did it to me last week... but let's be real. I'll fangirl right with him.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Finally watched today's show and it was amazeballs! Queen Salmons did it again.
I literally gasped when Eric walked in on Varcole. :laugh: But ericole and their fight/angst! My heart! *clutches chest* Bonus points for Nicole's hair and makeup! LOOOVED it! :wub: Varcole was hawt but I :omg: when she moaned out Eric's name! :chee:

I kinda liked Dannifer again today! :omg: It helps a ton that Parker was smack dab in the middle of it. He's giving Johnny a run for his money in the adorbs department. I'll have to agree with Hamilton upthread, I felt like I got a bit of closure from Jen's scenes with Maggie concerning Jack. It's only because of the work of Queen Salmons!

The hospital/teen scene was really good too. Cam/Theo/Chad were nice. Anne is such a bitch but I love her/love to hate her. Maxine/Jen/Abby working together and thwarting Anne's plan was cute.

Bristen sex scene got a bit on the Passions side of life for a moment. There was a smidge too much talking about how amazing the other was while kissing. I think it got to me only because I remember EM doing it ALL the time on Passions. :laugh: The rest of it was nice. Kristen's bra was cute! She's starting to regret her plan more and more. I like it! I want them to make it but I know where this is heading. Still, I like their story.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Apr 23 2013, 11:18 PM.

AFaithL

Well, Brady is amazing in bed. Of course Kristen notices... :)

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I would have liked the love scene more if they didn't speak. The dialogue was so...."ugh, please stop now" lol xD

bomber
Member Avatar

Sorry Jen didn't come across as having "closure" to me. To me it came across as "now I've got everything i want I'm going to act all saintlike again". She did the exact same thing when she "apologised" to Nicole. Once the spoilt bitch gets her own way she can afford to suddenly act like she cares. No free pass from me.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I was braced for Jennifer and Daniel and hoping for the best but doomed to disappointment again.I hated the smug look on Jennifer's face while Daniel was telling the nanny how important Jennifer was in Parker's life and while they were in the living room of the house.I was happy when Jennifer went to hug Parker after Daniel told him to thank her and Parker did not even look up.My eyes rolled so hard they hurt while Jennifer and Maggie were talking.Jennifer talking about how she understood Maggie attacking her since had to "appear heartless" because she could not bear coming between Daniel and Parker although she was sorry she had to use Jack.Maggie talking about her selfless precious Jennifer Rose and how Jack would want her to move on now since she had loved him so much while he was alive.Jennifer referring to Chloe Lane in that dismissive tone of voice after Chloe apologized to her and Daniel and practically told Jennifer she was happy to have her in Parker's life.Jennifer has had such a smug gloating look on her face since she and Daniel got back together I just want to slap her.If they are not going to backburner Jennifer/Daniel,their scenes and any scenes involving Maggie need to be kept to a bare minimum.
The only time I like Jennifer in this episode was when she was with Abby and Maxine.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

bomber
Apr 24 2013, 12:21 AM
Sorry Jen didn't come across as having "closure" to me. To me it came across as "now I've got everything i want I'm going to act all saintlike again". She did the exact same thing when she "apologised" to Nicole. Once the spoilt bitch gets her own way she can afford to suddenly act like she cares. No free pass from me.
I totally agree.I hated Jennifer (and Maggie) even more today.If today is a sample of the best writing for Jennifer,Daniel,and Maggie they really need to put Fecth on the back burner.I posted before I read yours.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

Ericole v Varcole. Yes yes and yes!

Everything else, just no.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 23 2013, 09:55 PM
Okay. This is going to be hilarious. I hate to admit this. I mean... I REALLY hate to admit this.... But Shawn Christian actually looked pretty good there. I have never liked Daniel and I think he always looks dirty and unkempt. Never attracted to him in the slightest, until I saw him dancing in these clips. He's definitely working it. Maybe it's the cowboy hat covering up that hair. :D Poor GG looks so awkward and uncomfortable. I can't wait to watch that day.
Edited by supercool74, Apr 24 2013, 01:31 AM.

nightfan

Missy's acting was very organic today. I'm starting to like Jennifer again. She was very natural and not so schoolmarm, coldfish, whatever vibe she gave before.

Anti-Nicole day for me. Anyone knows, Nicole, that even a rectory should be sexless. You were in the wrong for trying to hook up there. Granted, I wanted Varcole sex for the drama, but that wouldn't make it right or appropriate.

nightfan

I have had it with the Bristen gifts. Jewelry doesn't just equal love, Brady. You're an ADDICT. This isn't LOVE. This is SEX and JEWELS. And it's disgusting. Get bent.

Romancer66

BeeBee
Apr 24 2013, 12:31 AM
I was braced for Jennifer and Daniel and hoping for the best but doomed to disappointment again.I hated the smug look on Jennifer's face while Daniel was telling the nanny how important Jennifer was in Parker's life and while they were in the living room of the house.I was happy when Jennifer went to hug Parker after Daniel told him to thank her and Parker did not even look up.My eyes rolled so hard they hurt while Jennifer and Maggie were talking.Jennifer talking about how she understood Maggie attacking her since had to "appear heartless" because she could not bear coming between Daniel and Parker although she was sorry she had to use Jack.Maggie talking about her selfless precious Jennifer Rose and how Jack would want her to move on now since she had loved him so much while he was alive.Jennifer referring to Chloe Lane in that dismissive tone of voice after Chloe apologized to her and Daniel and practically told Jennifer she was happy to have her in Parker's life.Jennifer has had such a smug gloating look on her face since she and Daniel got back together I just want to slap her.If they are not going to backburner Jennifer/Daniel,their scenes and any scenes involving Maggie need to be kept to a bare minimum.
The only time I like Jennifer in this episode was when she was with Abby and Maxine.
Jen-Jen Triumphant has always been revolting to watch. I've never liked the smug expression she sports when she gets everything she wants, usually at someone else's expense. I'm hoping that JJ wipes that expression right off her self-satisfied puss when he comes back and gives her grief for not grieving for Jack. I'd also love for him to do some investigating, discover his amnesiac dad is still alive, and bring him home. I'd be in total ecstasy if JJ then blasted the whole town for pushing his mother to move on with Dr. Hump&Dump when his father was actually out there, waiting to be found. "Everyone says Dad would want Mom to move on and be happy. There's just one problem with that: Dad's still alive."

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I couldn't watch the entire show yesterday so just ffwd into the Ericole and Vargas/Nicole scenes and OMG.....Eric has cracked! It's official.....the guy was so mad, angry, hurt that he was almost in tears...that's what I want to see....then Eric was slamming stuff all over the desk, opening and closing drawers in frustration and I loved Father Matt pointing out the obvious to Eric.....when Eric said to father Matt that he needed to hear his confession, I thought he was going to go to the booth and just spill his heart out...that would have been so complicated.....now that I think of it...what do Catholic Priests do that are in this situation...I know there have been a few....I wonder if they actually confess what they are going through to one of the other priest, lol.....

annie21

Supergirlx2
Apr 23 2013, 08:10 PM
annie21
Apr 23 2013, 06:47 PM
AFaithL
Apr 23 2013, 05:53 PM
annie21
Apr 23 2013, 05:24 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And Luke Spencer violently raped Laura, then married her. Then, while they were married, frequented hookers behind Laura's back. For years and years he slept with hookers while Laura raised the kids. Then, he tried to kill her child Nikolas because he wasn't "a real Spencer". Then became a raging alcoholic who killed his 5 year old grandson Jake in a drunk driving accident, and felt NO remorse for it. None.

Yet, most viewers still feel this man deserves Laura.

So no, I don't think it's a stretch for Vargas to be redeemed and places with Hope.
Not a Luke or Luke/Laura fan, but I did see the storyline where he accidentally killed his own grandson, and he did show remorse. Lots of it. He was in denial about his drinking problem, but he was haunted by what he'd done to Jake and considered himself unworthy to be around his own family.

In any case, I reiterate that I'm all for a redemption story as long as there's something to work with in the character. To date, I haven't seen anything to work with where Vargas is concerned (and I don't trust these writers to give it to us in any meaningful way.)

What I disagree with is the simple notion that because Hope and Vargas have both been in prison, they can ipso facto be together. Hope's brief prison stint just doesn't compare to 10 years of hard time filled with hard-edged behavior in my view. Beyond that, my bigger point is that having a character like Vargas who spent most of his adult life confined to a small jail cell just seems to put a lot of limitations on the potential for meaningful interaction. Unless he's well-read or has found some way to stay in contact with the outside world, for example, they're not going to have a whole lot to talk about over dinner, lol!

Hope's original plea deal was 10 years, i believe. The only reason she got 2 was because of Bo's actions. And the reason she didn't stay for the entire 2 years was because of the illegal organ operation she uncovered.
If Vargas is as you've described him, then he shouldn't really be paired with anyone, since no one's going to have much to talk with him about.
Yup. That's what I'm saying. The writers have painted themselves into a corner on this one. They're not known for fleshing out new characters in any kind of satisfactory way. They're all about plots and slapping pairs together in an instant fashion.

Hey, I think SD and KA look good together. And I could think of a million ways to make a Vargas/Hope pairing work. But I'd have to (a) adequately explain Bo's absence; and (b) add several layers to the Vargas character to make him more palatable as a rootable "bad boy."

Let's hope the writers are up to the task.

Edited by annie21, Apr 24 2013, 08:26 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply