Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Ratings Report for the Week of April 15-19, 2013
Topic Started: Apr 26 2013, 04:12 AM (2,981 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Ratings Report for the Week of April 15-19, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,237,000 (-293,000/-67,000)
2. B&B 3,382,000 (+21,000/+400,000)
3. GH 2,678,000 (-192,000/+450,000)
4. DAYS 2,439,000 (-30,000/+63,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.1/10 (-.2/-.1)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (same/+.1)
3. GH 2.0/7 (-.1/+.3)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings Ė HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday:
Tuesday: 2.4/3,442,000
Wednesday: 2.5/3,449,000
Thursday: 2.4/3,254,000
Friday:

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,317,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,536,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,293,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,583,000
Friday:

GH
Monday:
Tuesday: 2.0/2,579,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,614,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,840,000
Friday:

Y&R
Monday: 3.1/4,210,000
Tuesday: 3.2/4,439,000
Wednesday: 3.1/4,099,000
Thursday: 3.1/4,164,000
Friday:

For the SEASON September 24, 2012 through April 21, 2013

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.6
3. GH 2.3
4. DAYS 2.0

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5
2. GH 1.2
3. B&B 1.1
4. DAYS 1.0

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/04/ratings-all-soaps-down-in-women-18-49-viewers-4#more-23480
Edited by Partnersincrime, Apr 26 2013, 04:13 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Apr 26 2013, 04:12 AM

Y&R
Monday: 3.1/4,210,000
Tuesday: 3.2/4,439,000
Wednesday: 3.1/4,099,000
Thursday: 3.1/4,164,000
Friday:

not surprised. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

TFP

Nice to see some 2.0s and the demos for DOOL......Wed was the day the show got cut off and some did not get it at all right? figuring that in, keep holding steady DOOL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 26 2013, 05:45 AM
TFP

Nice to see some 2.0s and the demos for DOOL......Wed was the day the show got cut off and some did not get it at all right? figuring that in, keep holding steady DOOL.
In my area Days wasn't cut off early...don't know if that was the case in other areas. I would think if it had been cut off too much it would not have counted.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

magicsteacher
Apr 26 2013, 07:15 AM
samwel
Apr 26 2013, 05:45 AM
TFP

In my area Days wasn't cut off early...don't know if that was the case in other areas. I would think if it had been cut off too much it would not have counted.
It still counts because of the time it happened, but looking back I remember NBC tweeting that we can catch the rest when the eppy was posted online, so it was enough that they made a general announcement.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

There was no national preemption of Days on Wednesday, what I can remember, it cut off very late into the episode, like the last 10 minutes or so...

IMHO Days isn't doing ALL that wonderful, at least they have 63K more viewers that they did this time last year but look at the numbers from this time last year for both demos and total viewers for GH...it's amazing....
Online Profile Goto Top

samwel

LuvingLumi
Apr 26 2013, 07:26 AM
There was no national preemption of Days on Wednesday, what I can remember, it cut off very late into the episode, like the last 10 minutes or so...

IMHO Days isn't doing ALL that wonderful, at least they have 63K more viewers that they did this time last year but look at the numbers from this time last year for both demos and total viewers for GH...it's amazing....
Who said anything about a national pre-emption on Wednesday, if that was the case it would be the same as Friday. What did happen however was it got cut off and some markets did not get the show and that has an effect.

DOOL has not reached the level of GH, it however is maintaining its avg.....no grand collapse as was being predicted here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

In some areas where the DAYS got cutoff it was the last 5-7 minutes which shouldnít affect the ratings!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure we didn't get Days here on Wednesday.

Correction: We did get the last 30 mins or so.

The first part was preempted for coverage of the Boston bombings.
Edited by SoapGal1, Apr 26 2013, 07:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Days came on Wednesday in every market. I dont get why monday doesn't count. The bombings happened after most of the shows had aired. It happend at almost at 3pm. And Friday should definitely count since nothing happened on friday until evening.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 26 2013, 08:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 26 2013, 08:31 AM
Days came on Wednesday in every market. I dont get why monday doesn't count. The bombings happened after most of the shows had aired. It happend at almost at 3pm. And Friday should definitely count since nothing happened on friday until evening.
Um, they didn't even show Days on Friday. It was preempted nationally in every US market.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

samwel
Apr 26 2013, 07:46 AM
LuvingLumi

Who said anything about a national pre-emption on Wednesday, if that was the case it would be the same as Friday. What did happen however was it got cut off and some markets did not get the show and that has an effect.

DOOL has not reached the level of GH, it however is maintaining its avg.....no grand collapse as was being predicted here.
^o) Uhm...I was just making an observation, unlike Friday, where it was preempted nationally, Wednesday it wasn't, the show just got cut in the final 10 minutes or so....

Last time I checked we were allowed to make observations correct? I'm not quoting you....It's a general statement....

The ratings are not all that wonderful frankly, no grand collapse but not ratings gold either...the show is awful IMHO
Online Profile Goto Top

samwel

LuvingLumi
Apr 26 2013, 09:11 AM
samwel
LuvingLumi

^o) Uhm...I was just making an observation, unlike Friday, where it was preempted nationally, Wednesday it wasn't, the show just got cut in the final 10 minutes or so....

Last time I checked we were allowed to make observations correct? I'm not quoting you....It's a general statement....

The ratings are not all that wonderful frankly, no grand collapse but not ratings gold either...the show is awful IMHO
Given the convo above and the fact that there are ratings for Wed, that's some observation......and some ppl missed the beginning as well, it was not just the end affected. There is no collapse, they are maintaining their avg and given DOOL's track record for this period over the last yr, that alone is an accomplishment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LuvingLumi

GH has competent writers and is firing on all cylinders....its a true homecoming over there right now it seems, which is translating into great ratings resurgence for them.

That being said, they also have had some OLTL viewers I am sure tune in (and stick around) due to the characters from that show that have moved to Port Charles.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

samwel
Apr 26 2013, 09:21 AM
LuvingLumi
samwel
LuvingLumi

Given the convo above and the fact that there are ratings for Wed, that's some observation......and some ppl missed the beginning as well, it was not just the end affected. There is no collapse, they are maintaining their avg and given DOOL's track record for this period over the last yr, that alone is an accomplishment.
What I donít understand is why DAYS is the only one to take a hit on Wednesday? Iím sure other soaps were pre-empted that day but you would never know it by looking at there ratings! :shrug: :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Apr 26 2013, 12:35 PM
samwel
LuvingLumi
samwel

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

What I donít understand is why DAYS is the only one to take a hit on Wednesday? Iím sure other soaps were pre-empted that day but you would never know it by looking at there ratings! :shrug: :shrug:
I didn't quite get that either. None of the other soaps were really affected on Wednesday. In my area Y and R is on from 12:30-1:30 and B and B is on from 1:30-2:00; Days overlaps both shows being on from 1:00-2:00. In some areas GH is shown opposite Days, so if Wed affected Days, wouldn't it have affected the other soaps, too. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
samwel
LuvingLumi
samwel

Did the CBS/ABC national news preempt their broadcasts for updates during show times like NBC did? I have no idea.

I do know that some time zones lost Days for the last 10 minutes and other time zones had it preempted for the first 15 minutes on Wednesday. That's obviously going to impact ratings. But so what? Days held its own pretty well last week regardless of the preemptions. Ratings aren't great, but they don't look like they're going to tank either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I also hear that there was a LOT of local pre-emptions in New England last week due to the bombings at various times that wouldn't necessarily be considered by the networks since they weren't networkwide pre-emptions
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Loving GH right now, glad to see the ratings are steady!
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Apr 26 2013, 01:22 PM
lovinsafe
samwel
LuvingLumi

I didn't quite get that either. None of the other soaps were really affected on Wednesday. In my area Y and R is on from 12:30-1:30 and B and B is on from 1:30-2:00; Days overlaps both shows being on from 1:00-2:00. In some areas GH is shown opposite Days, so if Wed affected Days, wouldn't it have affected the other soaps, too. :shrug:
I don't know about CBS, but I don't think ABC had breaking news that Wed* which was the day NBC felt the need to cut in to Days to share that nobody had any new information.

*At least not in my area, anyway.
Edited by six, Apr 26 2013, 02:05 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic