Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, April 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 26 2013, 07:02 AM (11,581 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Is that Lee DuMonde with Stefano?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Chad & Abigail_D
Apr 26 2013, 07:12 AM
Why, yes, it is! I vaguely remember when Lee was on the show. Probably my BIGGEST memory is the fit she threw when Doug & Julie got remarried. Thankfully it's on youtube. lol Poor Brenda Benet had such a sad story in real life.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Never saw her on the show, but I only know of her because I have watched some clips on youtube with her & Julie- and read about her tragic life...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Apr 26 2013, 07:23 AM
Chad & Abigail_D
Apr 26 2013, 07:12 AM
Why, yes, it is! I vaguely remember when Lee was on the show. Probably my BIGGEST memory is the fit she threw when Doug & Julie got remarried. Thankfully it's on youtube. lol Poor Brenda Benet had such a sad story in real life.
Didn't she date someone from Days?
Online Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

She was utterly fantastic as Lee. I often wondered how the Lee/Stefano storyline would have played out if not for Brenda's untimely death. I think it would have been an epic romance revisited. I bet Renee would never have been killed off the show either had Lee remained. The DiMeras as a core family would have been quite different, and it could have ultimately changed the course of the show's history, as Stefano may have been redeemed by Lee.

We'll never know. :unsure:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 26 2013, 07:02 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

^thanks Jason. Wow, incredibly sad. I had never heard of her before, she was before my time.
Online Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting that, Jason. Still makes me cry after all these years. :'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

She was only 36?! And playing Renee's mother? They're like the Lexie and Celeste before Lexie and Celeste.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 26 2013, 11:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

DrewHamilton
Apr 26 2013, 11:48 AM
She was only 36?! And playing Renee's mother? They're like the Lexie and Celeste before Lexie and Celeste.
To be fair, when Renee was 1st introduced she was late teens. I even think her 21st birthday was celebrated on the show and I think it was after Lee was gone (but please don't quote me on that). I remember reading something from later in the characters run that mentioned Renee's age and I was kinda surprised because I never realized she was THAT young (as a kid, everyone was "older" to me lol). It was one of the reasons when Phelice Sampler became Donna Love on AW everyone was SO put out because she had just played such a young character who suddenly went to playing the mother of characters not that much younger than the character she'd previously played just a few years before.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 26 2013, 11:54 AM
DrewHamilton
Apr 26 2013, 11:48 AM
To be fair, when Renee was 1st introduced she was late teens. I even think her 21st birthday was celebrated on the show and I think it was after Lee was gone (but please don't quote me on that). I remember reading something from later in the characters run that mentioned Renee's age and I was kinda surprised because I never realized she was THAT young (as a kid, everyone was "older" to me lol). It was one of the reasons when Phelice Sampler became Donna Love on AW everyone was SO put out because she had just played such a young character who suddenly went to playing the mother of characters not that much younger than the character she'd previously played just a few years before.
Oh! So Sampler was just playing younger. Okay.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And if you want to think about travisty mother/child castings, Susan Seaforth Hayes was only 32 when Richard Guthrie (age 25) debuted as Julie's SORASed to an adult son David Banning. That also means that SSH was playing an on-screen grandmother at 35. And people wonder why ATWT's Eileen Fulton had a "no grandchildren" clause in her contract for so many years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I would not be opposed to Kate bedding Nick so he can be 3 generationer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Haha! Gabi's giving Rafe grief about being a stripper! WIN!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

It's a T day! WIN!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

T day and EJ with a haircut day - happiness!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Detective Ciara Brady is MY EVERYTHING!
Offline Profile Goto Top

krissy-k

Damn... Chandler looks really hot today.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic