Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:53 PM (3,033 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

AMC: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: AMC_.jpg (22.42 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!! MY SHOW'S BACK! ;'-).

Checkers
Member Avatar

I'm loving it so far.

Adam/Brooke.
David/Cara dream was hot.
Angie/Jesse at their house.

The opening was kind of thrown together but whatever. Just happy the show is back.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I thought it was an incredible start to the show!

I'm in LOVE with AJ & Miranda's relationship already. Like I couldn't get past their first scene. I kept rewinding! They are so adorable together as best friends! I loved the little tidbits of information we got about their past as kids, like AJ beating up the guys who bullied Miranda in Kindergarten for having two moms, etc...It's exciting getting backstory on how they grew up. Also It's clear AJ's head over heels for Miranda and she doesn't know it. I love the setup. Both Actors were not bad at all, Denyse was especially natural on screen. I just can't wait for more.

Interesting David's been in jail for manslaughter! His first couple scenes were epic!

Cara's fantasy about getting down & dirty w/him was SMOKING HOT! I can't wait to find out what has all happened! It's all so vague right now.

Jessie/Angie were wonderful and I loved the spooky setup for Cassandra's story.

Robert Scott Wilson was solid as Pete. Really enjoyed Petey's return and his scenes with Opal. The conflict between them regarding Cortlandt Electronics is good. Also Celia & Pete were SUPER CUTE! A little cheesy, but cute.

Same goes for Miranda/Hunter. That leads me to say what I forgot up there....PINE VALLEY HIGH :wub: So glad to have the school set back!

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Eric Nelson :wub2: I loved his scenes with Miranda. DT and EN had some easy chem. :)

Dara! :wub: Cara's fantasy about David was hot!

Loved Jesse and Angie's scenes. However, there was a mistake in the dialogue. " Lucy graduated and found a job..." Lucy's five years old. Maya graduated. :ermm:

Adam/Brooke: the proposal was sweet.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode: Zach!

All in all, it was a great first episode! AMC is back! :cheer: :)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am all about Miranda. Flawless casting, IMO.

But that opening. smdh. I've made better videos on my home computer.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

The AMC opening was great

I'm stanning hard for AJ/Miranda, perfect casting there

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I enjoyed it myself...

Brooke having a nightmare of that night seeing JR and David struggle over the gun seemed weird, but its no big deal. I hate Dixie only got one cameo.

Cara fantasy of David was HOT! I thought they were going to show alot more than what I've seen in the first episode. Really looking forward to finding out what happen with her child. Her and Griffin looked and act like actual doctors.

Jesse and Angie were the best thing of the episode to me. The chemistry is still going strong in this new venture and I loved EVERYTHING about them today. I'm a little confused about Lucy, unless they SORAS'D her or it literally was an actual mistake and they were talking about Maya and she took Lucy with her. Angie mentioned a name, I think that was their granddaughter from Frankie and Randi or she was mentioning Natalia, I couldn't really hear what she said.

Pete arriving in Pine Valley was a breath of fresh air. The on location stuff made it feel like LIFE was actually going on in Pine Valley rather than the usual soap opera settings, which have on location shoots, but it was better here for some reason.

I loved Pete and Opal, especially "You'll always be Petey to me, so get used to it." His scene meeting Celia was cheesy as she sat the meeting in motion. Celia feels like she can be this version modern day "Erica Kane." She lied to Pete, and she's filled with mystery.

AJ and Miranda were also a favorite of mines. They act like actual teenagers and I enjoyed the little backstory of AJ sticking up for Miranda because kids were teasing her because her mom is a lesbian. I love their friendship and its obvious AJ has more feelings for Miranda than he's letting on. They also have great chemistry so its obvious they're going to explore it down the road.

Jo Ann Zinaman

Checkers
Apr 29 2013, 03:10 AM
I'm loving it so far.

Adam/Brooke.

The opening was kind of thrown together but whatever. Just happy the show is back.

Hey Checker. I Liked All My Children Better than One Life To Live. I Liked The Opening on All My Children Better than One Life To Live. I Enjoyed all My Children and I Hope that Other People will Like It and keep Watching. Jody

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I thought Lucy was the baby that A/J lost when Angie went blind toward the series (kind of) end?

KMan101
Member Avatar

AMC was great. I think I gotta give OLTL the edge but I love how they have their own clear tones and vibes. I love both. AMC is off to a fantastic start.

I'm obsessed with AJ and Miranda. I adore both actors. They're fantastic finds. Huge kudos to casting. I swear Denyse sounds like Eden. SO much.

Poor Dixie got one cameo shot lol. It was effective though. I want to find out what happened with Tad.

Adam and Brooke seemed a bit off but I love seeing them. David Canary looks great.

The sets look great and the location shots were on point. Well done.

Pete and Celia could have a lot of potential. Love Opal and Petey's (love how she refuses to stop calling him that!) relationship. I buy it totally. And I can't wait to see more of Francesca James and Evelyn.

Cara and Griffin did come across as actual doctors. I liked the feel of the hospital. Reminded me of the last one on ABC. It was nice seeing the great use of extras on both soaps.

Loved David's release from jail (the location shot was very good) and his swearing revenge now that he's back. So good.

Jesse and Angie were fantastic. I love their relationship. Loved the sexual dialogue between them. Nothing felt like it was 'too much' for the average audience, but still the entire episode felt current.

Both shows proved today how out of date the other soaps really are (aside from B&B, IMHO, as campy as hell as it is, which I kinda love). I like how it FEELS like a town again. A town with people I care about and want to see.

I'm very happy with what I've seen. The opening? Sigh. I could do without the character names. I like the theme just fine, I really do, but I so miss the old theme.
Edited by KMan101, Apr 29 2013, 10:33 AM.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Lucy was the baby that Jesse passed off as their baby. She was Maya's kid

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I haven't really watched AMC on regular basis since 2007/2008 but I loved this reboot. I'm definitely most interested in AJ/Miranda (flawless casting) and the Cassandra story. I also love that PP have made AMC and OLTL very distinct shows, excellent first episode.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Very happy with the first episode of the new AMC. Rob Wilson pleasantly surprised me as good as Pete. Jordan Lane Price seems good also as Celia. Francesca James as Evelyn is going to be good. New AJ & Miranda, Eric Nelsen & Denyse Tonts are excellent casting pics. Love the sets. Vincent Irizarry brought a tear to my eye as David crying probably at Marissa's grave. I think it's Tad in the coma, and that's why Dixie is crying, He better NOT be dead. The opening could be better and surprised that Griffin & Bianca aren't in it. I think they should used the old AMC theme.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Apr 29 2013, 01:19 PM.

buffyloverlori

OK I watch and I am not sure who Cassandra is, but the story line should be very interesting. I so love Angie and Jessie, I've always had a crush on Jessie since him and Jenny went on the run together back in the day. The guy who play's Pete is really eye candy material that's for sure. I think the girl who plays Miranda is really pretty, and her and AJ seem to have a great friendship. And I always love to hate David's character, didn't watch for awhile so I know nothing about Cara and David Story-line. Liked both shows but will say I liked OLTL a little more, for the first day. Can't wait to see the first full week.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Jo Ann Zinaman
Apr 29 2013, 09:52 AM
Checkers
Apr 29 2013, 03:10 AM
I'm loving it so far.

Adam/Brooke.

Hey Checker. I Liked All My Children Better than One Life To Live. I Liked The Opening on All My Children Better than One Life To Live. I Enjoyed all My Children and I Hope that Other People will Like It and keep Watching. Jody
I'm definitely gonna keep watching. ;)

Cupcake06

Very nice first show! Excited for what's to come!

And my David and Cara!! No words to describe! :wub: :wub:

eyebrowns

Matt
Apr 29 2013, 07:48 AM
I am all about Miranda. Flawless casting, IMO.

But that opening. smdh. I've made better videos on my home computer.
Have you seen OLTL's yet though........... lol

I didn't watch AMC when it was on air, but I'm glad I'm picking up now. The stories seem really interesting and I bet they'll continue to get more interesting as we go ahead (and as I look back!)

I love Opal. I just have this thing for old lady characters and high neck collars, I think. lol And Pete... :wub2: I don't need to say anything else. I thought he'd be a terrible actor but he's not bad!

AJ and Miranda were cute too! They look a little old for high school, IMHO but I like that there's a younger set to focus on. It'll be interesting watching their chemistry grow.

TBH, IDR what else happened but I enjoyed it! lol

cord08

Quote:

Loved Jesse and Angie's scenes. However, there was a mistake in the dialogue. " Lucy graduated and found a job..." Lucy's five years old. Maya graduated.

Yes. I was utterly confused by that entire scene. There had to have been a line flub in there.

KMan101
Member Avatar

cord08
Apr 29 2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:

Loved Jesse and Angie's scenes. However, there was a mistake in the dialogue. " Lucy graduated and found a job..." Lucy's five years old. Maya graduated.

Yes. I was utterly confused by that entire scene. There had to have been a line flub in there.
Yeah, pretty sure it was just a line flub. I'm surprised it made it through but it made for a funny moment thinking of 5 year old Lucy graduating college and getting a job.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply