Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,470 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

Posted Image

My show is finally back :wub2:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm so happy OLTL is back!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

My 2nd favorite show after GH. So glad it's back!
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Apr 28 2013, 05:41 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

This is such a fun episode. I'm hooked.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

NIGEL! I can't believe how seeing him (I don't think I knew he was coming back) made me squee. And having Nigel, Dorian, & Viki at Llanfair that actually LOOKS LIKE LLANFAIR is my everything!

I already love HotMessDani. And, seriously, I know [redacted] was the worst kept secret that everyone already kinda knew, but it was still fucking awesome.

I loved how Shelter actually SOUNDED like a nightclub with the appropriate music. Unlike some other soaps (I'm looking at you DAYS).

But that.... opening. Or whatever it was. That was a mess. I am not here for that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

OLTL started off so strong and on point.

I love the vibe and tone the show gives off. Very current, modern, realistic. I felt more connection and emotions to the characters than I have in a LONG time. For example ... Natalie's clearly lonely as hell. The dance with Cutter was great. Also David's tearing up after being laughed at during his entrance (OMG at his entrance!). Blair looking burned after being called a cougar. Tea still mourning her baby. Dani's stumbling around the club, and how she's clearly lost in life. Tea ignoring her.

Enjoyed Todd's return and the mystery surrounding you-know-who's worst kept ever return.

So good.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

OLTL just destroyed every other soap on air imo. Loved it! Kelly Missal stole the show, loving the way she's playing Dani right. I'm not a Cutlter fan but loved the dance with him and Natalie, Laura Harrier was different but still felt like Destiny. Was great to see the chem and tension between Todd and Blair, and of course Victor's return. The show just had an explosive energy about it and it's everything I wanted it to be although they could still tone down on the cursing.
Edited by JtSmarts, Apr 29 2013, 12:55 PM.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

ONE LIFE is as great as ever. Melissa Archer (Natalie) has never been so beautiful. Kelly Missal (Dani)'s acting has improved quite a bit, sad she's on oxy. Flo Lozano(Téa) brought a tear to my eye. Loved her & Blair. Nat & Cutter have potential as do Cutter and Rama. Shame Clint & Viki aren't married yet, but good because there June wedding hopefully will bring back Kevin, Joey & Jessica at least for guest stints. Roxy mention, WIN! Shelter is awesome. Although no surprise but loved the return of you know who !
The cursing was natural with the younger characters as would be normal. Robert Gorrie is awesome as Matthew, as is Laura Harrier as Destiny.
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, Apr 29 2013, 01:24 PM.

buffyloverlori

I watch and I didn't watch it before the show ended so I was lost on somethings. I loved what I saw though. I felt really bad for Dani. Love Todd and Blair, and David is so freaking funny. Think Matthew is really nice looking, and so is his friend. And am glad you know who is back, I've always though you know who was nice to look at, so a lot of eye candy. Plan to try and watch this, a half hour soup is fine for me, but it does fly by very quickly.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

OLTL was okay, but it wasn't all of that.

I know that the show is supposed to be edgy, but there were certain scenarios that felt OLTL we know and love (namely Viki/Clint/Bo/Nora/David/Dorian/Tea/Blair/Todd).

There were too much focus on Shelter and could hardly hear over the music. I guess this was done on purpose since you can hardly hear yourself talk in the club and they want us IN the scene.

I'm looking forward to Viki and Dorian rekindled rivalry, although Dorian needs to be toned down a bit on the campiness.

Cutter and Natalie were HOT! I thought he was going to do her on the floor. Cutter and Rama also had a spark.

David disco scene was hilarious and people were laughing at him cause he's a joke, but he manage to get into the club, thanks to Todd.

Dani did steal the show. She was wild n out. Destiny seemed stellar, but I'll give her time to improve. Matthew has really grown up. Jeffrey was introduced and that's it.

This tattoo story just screams silly and Todd having a card of the symbol??? I don't know what to think of it. I think Victor will be involved in this story somehow and there's lots of explaining to do. They could've done better with revealing him.

The opening was lame and it don't say OLTL. The song was also lame.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

This is probably a minority opinion but I loved the opening. I thought it was very fun!

The show in general seems awesome...very fresh and realistic!

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I was very impressed with the sets and even the outdoor scenes.

The club scenes were modern, unlike other soaps.

Was a little surprised hearing "shit" thrown around freely LOL

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

King of Hearts
Apr 29 2013, 01:41 PM
The opening was lame and it don't say OLTL. The song was also lame.
It said 'One Life to Live' when I watched it??

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

i was literally at my desk bouncing around with excitement. my co-workers must think imma nut case! i loved everything other than the opening credits. someone on youtube could have done better than that. I was ok with the song. just not the Cosby dancing

Everything else was awesome! I loved Dani before, but now i think im going to even more.
Nu Liam is like 5 now. the hell lol
Nigel! Ahh i love him
I love that Lanfair and La Boulaie still kinda look similar to the old ones
The jury is still out on Nu Destiny and Nu Matthew. I just... bleh
I love Corbin so far, but he clearly isnt up on soap blocking yet lol
the end... my baby!! omg. i cant. im just... AHH! i love love loved it!! :yahoo:
Edited by WrecklessLove, Apr 29 2013, 03:25 PM.

eyebrowns

I don't want to talk about that theme song...

But I loved this! OLTL was the show I was most interested in with these revivals and it pulled through! Everyone looks GREAT, acting was great, sets were great. I'm excited to see where this goes next. I hope Laura doesn't get too much flack for being a skinny recast, she seems good so far imo, the new Michael too. I like their dynamic right now.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Aww my show... how I missed you!

That opening was a little... weird lol.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

KMan101
Apr 29 2013, 10:24 AM

I love the vibe and tone the show gives off. Very current, modern, realistic. I felt more connection and emotions to the characters than I have in a LONG time. For example ... Natalie's clearly lonely as hell. The dance with Cutter was great. Also David's tearing up after being laughed at during his entrance (OMG at his entrance!). Blair looking burned after being called a cougar. Tea still mourning her baby. Dani's stumbling around the club, and how she's clearly lost in life. Tea ignoring her.

Enjoyed Todd's return and the mystery surrounding you-know-who's worst kept ever return.

So good.
I have to watch. I am hesitant to state watching the shows because while I can get July with no problem, July Plus won't play on my phone which is how I get the internet now. So I'll be able to watch before they switch to strictly Plus. And Im not sure about ITunes. Never used it. I'd rather pay a monthly fee than one at a time every day. Oh BTW Happy Birthday Kman.

jacpre
Member Avatar

I agree on certain aspects with King of Hearts. This wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. I am probably on the minority but I hated the Shelter scenes. Too much was going on and the music was too loud. You could barely hear some of the conversation. They could have done the mystery man's reveal much better and maybe have left it for the Thursday cliffhanger. It didn't have that much impact although I am glad this person is back.

I am not impressed with the new Destiny and Matthew. Their acting is the same as the kid who plays Jack.

The feel of the show is different but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I am just glad that the show is back.

Melissa Archer and Kelley Missal looked hot.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Apr 29 2013, 04:02 PM
KMan101
Apr 29 2013, 10:24 AM

So good.
I have to watch. I am hesitant to state watching the shows because while I can get July with no problem, July Plus won't play on my phone which is how I get the internet now. So I'll be able to watch before they switch to strictly Plus. And Im not sure about ITunes. Never used it. I'd rather pay a monthly fee than one at a time every day. Oh BTW Happy Birthday Kman.
Thank you for the birthday wishes :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply