Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,287 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I had no trouble hearing any of the dialog in the Shelter scenes.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Matt
Apr 29 2013, 04:47 PM
I had no trouble hearing any of the dialog in the Shelter scenes.
Neither did I. I loved the music.

And now what I really want to know is.............will we ever see Trevor St. John naked?

natdot99
Member Avatar

Natalie/Tucker dance scene was akward and Liam should be at least three years old or older
Dani get her drugs from Matthew, the son of a former police officer and DA, :wtf:
Destiny/Matthew are in their twenties, so Drew should be at least four or five years old
Jack is still a moron

Manders017

Personally, I thought the debut episode was a lot better than I expected it to be. However, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect at all.

Kelley Missal knocked it out of the park. I enjoyed her as Dani from the beginning (although he acting did need a little work back then) but she has gotten so much better in this short time. Dani has clearly lost her way and I'm so excited to see Kelley act this storyline out for us.

I like NuMatthew, although it's hard to think of anyone as Matthew but Eddie Alderson. It may take awhile to get used to it but I already love Dani and Matthew's chemistry in the promo so I'm sure he'll do just fine. As for NuDestiny, I can't really say I have an opinion yet as she didn't have much involvement in today's episode. Definitely a different appearance, that's for sure.

Natalie looked HOT! I'm not sure what else to say about that one.

As for everything else, I don't really have much of an opinion. I started watching OLTL shortly after Kelley started as Dani and the younger crowd was always my preference and what I enjoyed watching the most.

Unfortunately being from Canada, I watched it on a YouTube channel shortly before it was taken down and she stated she can not upload the full episodes. And considering I don't have FX Canada, I can't watch it on TV either. Any other Canadians have some tips so that I can keep up to what I'm sure will continue to be a great show?

Mason

I thought it was a mixed bag, but there was more that was good than was bad.

My scattered thoughts:

Viki and Dorian's rekindled rivalry and the re-emphasis on The Banner. This is already my favorite of the new crop of stories. I'm dying for Viki and Dorian's scenes to resume tomorrow.

The production values are impressive and the nighttime location shooting was well done. The more realistic tone of the show is really good, too.

Cutter/Natalie is intriguing, but it seems like they're implying that something might have gone down between them between the end of OLTL on ABC and now, and if that's the case, I hope they provide that context quickly.

The new opening is horrid. I hope it's just temporary while the show's still getting off the ground.

nuMatthew is terrible -- both the actor and the new characterization. nuDestiny also bore no resemblance (on a couple levels) to the old, but since she was a character that I never really cared much about to begin with, it doesn't bother me as much.

Overall, I was very satisfied.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

i kinda sounded like Dani got Oxy, Matthew found out and took it away from her. not really sure tho

i think the thing imma have the hardest time getting over is that im used to soaps having huge cast lists with multiple story lines. i understand that they NEEDED to scale back lol. i just hope they get a couple more people back

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I thought it was pretty good. It needs some time to hit its stride.

Dorian/Viki were easily the best part.

Dani was great (but I always liked her)

I thought nuMatthew was an instant upgrade and alot more organic, Destiny meh still - but a paper bag would have been an upgrade over that thing.

The club looked and sounded great, I just hope we're not going to be spending every minute there.

As good as Llanfair, Shelter and Bo's apartment (which I cant believe they duplicated) looked all I could think about was the ugly stick they beat La Boulet with. WTF!

I thought the OLTL opening was bad until I turned on AMC. They really need to spend some of their ABC lawsuit money on fixing these. Tea looks letcherous!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

nuMatthew is awesome and I already like him better than EA's version

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

dragonflies
Apr 29 2013, 06:36 PM
nuMatthew is awesome and I already like him better than EA's version
Eddie Alderson was a good child Matthew but, like his sister, he didn't have the goods to carry a story. He was always monotone.

LovingDays

I really enjoyed the show today glad OLTL is back on

Good/Bad About The Show

Good
-Glad to see Dorian god i missed her
-David didnt change its a good thing :P
-Loved The Amazing From The Club

Bad
-I didnt like that much the opening
-Overall Everything Was Amazing So I Have Nothing To Say

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I am so happy the show is only 30 minutes long now. I may be more likely to watch it.

I enjoyed it. I hadn't watched for a few years before OLTL was canceled so I don't know most of the younger set.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

i never liked the character of Matthew in general. Maybe this guy will help with that at some point. i think of all of the younger set, imma end up liking Corbin's character the most.

Mason

I don't think Eddie Alderson is irreplaceable by any stretch of the imagination. But, based on what I saw in this episode, this guy is not the one, IMO.

nightfan

No one on this cast who was part of the prior OLTL probably thought they'd be back on the internet with better production values and realism than any broadcast soap on the air. This is HOT. The club scenes are ultra realistic. You're actually scared SHITLESS by the violence (that dark alley, Todd in the limo... ohh) because it all looks so real and isn't on a soundstage all in tight closeups.

Why can't Days of our Lives pay for EVEN ONE child to appear as an extra at school with Ciara, but OLTL can have that many dancers at the club? This is eye candy, and that's half the battle in TV (or Internet, as it were). So if the stories are strong, this is going to be gold.

nightfan

Oral sex alert at Shelter!

nightfan

Loving David Vickers on the red carpet! Excellent acting, direction, lighting and moves, Tuc!

LuvtheSoaps
Member Avatar

great first show.. can't wait to watch tomorrow

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Hooked already.

Melissa Archer was SMOKING HOT!

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I was really impressed. I like NuMatthew and I agree Melissa Archer looked amazing! Overall I really liked it.

LPS
Member Avatar

Okay, was that Matthew receiving a blow job? That scene was hard to swallow considering EA looked so youthful and this nuMatthew is so much more mature looking and there was no transition.

I don't care for the club set. It looked cheap.

Overall, I liked it. I still love Dani. I still can't get into Melissa Archer.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply