Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,359 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
KMan101
Member Avatar

It's a wig. Robin chose it for Dorian because of the Michelle Obama bangs (I believe she said it in a tweet I read). In the first episode I noticed Dorian holding a magazine with Michelle Obama clearly on the cover. I guess it would make sense that Dorian would emulate the first lady by doing bangs.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

ya know, im noticing they are not only allowed to cuss now, they're allowed to do product placement lol. rememeber MyFace? lol no more of that. they can say Facebook, they can hold up electronics with the Apple logo on it and everything. i love it :blulaugh:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

LPS
Apr 29 2013, 11:39 PM
Okay, was that Matthew receiving a blow job? That scene was hard to swallow considering EA looked so youthful and this nuMatthew is so much more mature looking and there was no transition.
There was more than a year of transition time :lol:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Episode 2 and I'm officially on the Destiny still sucks bandwagon. Not really sure why Todd is running to Dani's rescue?

I'm enjoying the newfound profanity of both shows but Jeffrey saying shit to Viki was all kinds of wrong.
Edited by Drew, Apr 30 2013, 03:52 PM.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 30 2013, 03:46 PM
Episode 2 and I'm officially on the Destiny still sucks bandwagon. Not really sure why Todd is running to Dani's rescue?

I'm enjoying the newfound profanity of both shows but Jeffrey saying shit to Viki was all kinds of wrong.
omg i said the same thing. no bueno! lol

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I swore I wouldn't jump the Tarly ship just because OLTL made RH go back to Llanview, but here I am, on episode 2, knowing I'm going to be all about Todd and Blair. I'm so malleable.

TSJ is ridiculously sexy. Between Victor and Todd I have all the man candy I need. I agree though, his reveal was a little humdrum.

Couple questions: if I already pay for HuluPlus, will the show remain free (i.e. no additional OLTL fee)? Also, anyone know how far out the show is being filmed?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

They better explain Victor's (I hate calling him this btw) easy escape quickly. You'd think making a public entrance at the hospital would be against the interest of running from someone with tatoos trying to kill you.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

The Victor reveal=Posted Image...what a letdown...but so glad Victor is back...VnT :cloud9:

Also the word shit is use alot :blulaugh: ..so weird hearing that word on a soap.
Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Apr 30 2013, 04:34 PM.

King
Member Avatar

KMan101
Apr 30 2013, 02:03 PM
It's a wig. Robin chose it for Dorian because of the Michelle Obama bangs (I believe she said it in a tweet I read). In the first episode I noticed Dorian holding a magazine with Michelle Obama clearly on the cover. I guess it would make sense that Dorian would emulate the first lady by doing bangs.
OMG, well it's awful. LOL.

Yeah, they are kind of overdoing it on the Shit words.

LPS
Member Avatar

LPS
Apr 29 2013, 11:39 PM
Okay, was that Matthew receiving a blow job? That scene was hard to swallow considering EA looked so youthful and this nuMatthew is so much more mature looking and there was no transition.
After rereading my post, that might not have been the best phrasing, LOL.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 30 2013, 03:46 PM
LOL I reacted the same way.

Maybe because the cat was let out of the bag, but the Victor reveal today to everyone was a disappointment. I knew it was going to happen, but was surprised because I wasn't expecting it so soon. Even Tea's reaction seemed a bit off. I am sure there are those who watch but don't keep up on internet spoilers that were surprised.

Definitely David Vickers Buchanan is a character that grows on you. Total camp and entertaining as hell.

NuDestiny needs to go. NuMatthew okay as well as Jeffery.

Opening needs to go. The song is fine, but the cheesy dancing is silly. Like that I can watch on my phone. My my half hour of cardio go really fast that I could watch at the same time.

Mason
Member Avatar

Victor showing up at the hospital was anticlimactic as hell. The acting was all wrong from everyone involved. You would think they could have gone a little bigger for something people were waiting over a year for. It fell totally flat.

nuMatthew was better and less stiff today, but I'm still not a fan.

Viki and Dorian are still the best.

meaghan

I'm still not sure how I feel about the reboot. I'm happy the show is back but....

meaghan

I can say I still don't like the older Jack.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Opening definitely needs to go. This is what makes me fear Shelter is going to quickly become over exposed, even the opening is night club centric. Atleast it's better than AMCs.
Edited by Drew, Apr 30 2013, 06:37 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Today's episode and Victor showing up... ehh. I know soap characters are used to people coming back from the dead... but a few shock and surprised reactions might have been nice lol.

Viki and Dorian = :wub2:

I found it funny how Matthew is friends with Jeffery from London, and Matthew was in that school in London for all of two days lmao.

I about peed my pants when Blair called Todd and asshole... I hope I get used to the swearing. Shit seems to be their favorite word lol.

It's my show and I can't hate it no matter what lol. I am certainly enjoying it more then AMC. I just can't get into that one for some reason lol.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Go Tea! "I'm sorry but did you say something to me Todd Manning?"

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Okay I don't get all the hate for Jack Manning. I fucking love him. In fact, I would say that he is my favorite character of the younger set. When he hugged Victor, I melted! The actor (I forget his name) is absolutely adorable.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

He can't act??

Tammy
Member Avatar

Carmen LoPorto was a FAR better Jack Manning IMO!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply