Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,384 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
LPS
Member Avatar

A stick with a wig would be a better Jack Manning, IMO.

Oh and that opening is weird as shit. Is that some interpretative dance or something?
Edited by LPS, Apr 30 2013, 10:37 PM.

LuvtheSoaps
Member Avatar

love it so far.. so happy to see trevor st. john

Tammy
Member Avatar

Oh and I forgot to say how much I LOVE the fact that Nigel is at Llanfair!!!

The only set I didn't really like is Dorians house... shit was hit with the ugly stick!

six
Member Avatar

LPS
Apr 30 2013, 10:28 PM
A stick with a wig would be a better Jack Manning, IMO.

Oh and that opening is weird as shit. Is that some interpretative dance or something?
I keep expecting Bill Cosby to pop up during the dance routine.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

Holy moly! Todays episode was even better! Im not just saying that cuz im biased either lol :P

Little Miss Dani had a reaction to Victor that made up for the lack of one from everyone else! And i knew she would. Her scenes when Victor "died" last year had be bawling :'(

I know Todd is her father, but DNA or not, Dani will always be Victor's daughter, imo. I think Jack will warm to Todd before Dani does

And of course there was another "shit" bomb, but only one. trust me, i was counting. im thinking about starting a drinking game to it actually if anyone wants to join :drunk:

buffyloverlori

I just have to say again how much am in love with TSJ as Victor, I still want to call him Todd. Even though I do love RH but TSJ I remember him more as Todd. Yea at least Dani had a great reaction, poor girl was going crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Paul8148

I got a feeling that Sam will choose todd over Victor

Jester

I am so glad the story is back!!! I like it too that the same characters have made it to the online version. I like the online version, less commercials and I have an old laptop that I watch it on and it's great, no buffering or stopping with that little wheely thing. Long live One Life To Live!!!

am103
Member Avatar

Waiting for the weekend before I catch up on the first week. I can't wait though! Everyone's comments and opinions have me intrigued!

Tammy
Member Avatar

Did I miss it or did they edit out Tea dropping the F Bomb? I thought she was supposed to tell Blair "I don't want any Fucking water!" lol
Edited by Tammy, May 1 2013, 06:27 PM.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

they may have cuz she didnt say it from what i heard. which i would have loved by the way. pissed off latin women are kinda awesome lol AMC bleeped out the f bomb Jessie dropped today tho. dont get the point of that tho. maybe they're trying to ease people into it lol

Tammy
Member Avatar

WrecklessLove
May 1 2013, 05:12 PM
they may have cuz she didnt say it from what i heard. which i would have loved by the way. pissed off latin women are kinda awesome lol AMC bleeped out the f bomb Jessie dropped today tho. dont get the point of that tho. maybe they're trying to ease people into it lol
I have seen SO MANY people (on Facebook ect.) bitching about the profanity already lol.

Doesn't really bother me lol. It makes me giggle, like when you are little and you hear your teacher cuss! :P

Mason
Member Avatar

I think several of the returning cast members' acting has been 'off' so far, but the one bothering me the most is TSJ. A lot of it is because of the writing, but he's still playing Victor so lifelessly like he did toward the end of his original run and it's driving me crazy. Given how physically aggressive his "Todd" tended to be, it's hard for me to believe that he wouldn't have taken Todd's head off by now both for the shooting and especially for the dead baby switch.

Meanwhile, I liked the little scene between Nora and Matthew. It was the first time that I believed the new guy as Matthew Buchanan, so maybe he won't be as bad as I thought he would be after the first episode.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Drew
Apr 30 2013, 10:06 PM
He can't act??
I feel like I can count on one hand the actors on this incarnation of OLTL who CAN act. He's young and I feel like he's going to get better in time. For the part he has, I think he does just fine.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
May 1 2013, 08:18 PM
I think several of the returning cast members' acting has been 'off' so far, but the one bothering me the most is TSJ. A lot of it is because of the writing, but he's still playing Victor so lifelessly like he did toward the end of his original run and it's driving me crazy. Given how physically aggressive his "Todd" tended to be, it's hard for me to believe that he wouldn't have taken Todd's head off by now both for the shooting and especially for the dead baby switch.

Meanwhile, I liked the little scene between Nora and Matthew. It was the first time that I believed the new guy as Matthew Buchanan, so maybe he won't be as bad as I thought he would be after the first episode.
I don't think he knows about the dead baby switch yet. But I get what you are talking about.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

It's hard for me to judge a lot right now. Nothing story-wise has struck me as amazingly spectacular but I'm just so happy that these characters are back in my life, I don't even care!!

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

TSJ's character whether its Todd or Victor has kinda always been 0-60 to me tho. Like he's eerily calm for a long time letting everything build up, they he manic explodes. he just hasnt been able to explode yet lol but i agree that the writing seems to be off so far. if i had never seen this show prior, i wouldn't have a clue what was going on right now. i dont know if they got any writers back from the old show or not, but they need to.

I think a lot of the dialog gaps have to do with the new 24 minute format (half hour my ass lol) having to cram a lot of stuff into that time seems difficult.

Oh and about Jack, i hated him before the cancellation. manly because he was a tool. maybe i'll like him now, we'll see

That reminds me, have they all been aged to 21 now?

Mason
Member Avatar

Tammy
May 1 2013, 08:54 PM
Mason
May 1 2013, 08:18 PM

I don't think he knows about the dead baby switch yet. But I get what you are talking about.
But with all the conversations that seem to have taken place off-screen already (particularly with this group of characters), for all we know, he might. Because so many beats are being underplayed or just skipped altogether with Victor's return, it's coming off very disjointed.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm willing to give them time to find their stride, I'm still in that phase of just being in awe of watching Viki and Dorian again.

I agree completely about TSJ, the return is really falling flat. No big reveal, no setup, no intrigue. They should have taken their time. If he could show up and hang around the hospital like he's been doing why didn't he just walk in the door a year ago? Where's the danger?

And why are the big details like Alison Perkins involvement being revealed off screen?!

I'm looking forward to when we're out of this transitional phase and getting on with new stories. Hopefully it's only a matter of a week or two. Atleast it's not as annoying as All My Children.
Edited by Drew, May 1 2013, 09:39 PM.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

the spoilers say Tea relives the baby stuff on tomorrows episode. i think the only off screen conversation that was had was about Allison Perkins. But the OLTL FB page posted something about stayed tuned to find out how Victor escaped and who helped him

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply