Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,364 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
nightfan

Have to say, the new opening is catching on.
It's good that AMC and OLTL have new songs that don't remotely resemble their prior incarnations (because that obviously didn't attract the younger fans that Prospect Park wants to begin with). This is a hip song, they're having a good time dancing, and the mood is infectious when you watch it. Sometimes, I re-watch the opening after watching an episode of new OLTL. It's fun, hip and again, infectious!

nightfan

Oh, and this must be said: I cannot get ENOUGH of watching Blair and Todd size each other up in that opening.

six
Member Avatar

EJamandBread
Apr 30 2013, 04:08 PM
I swore I wouldn't jump the Tarly ship just because OLTL made RH go back to Llanview, but here I am, on episode 2, knowing I'm going to be all about Todd and Blair. I'm so malleable.

TSJ is ridiculously sexy. Between Victor and Todd I have all the man candy I need. I agree though, his reveal was a little humdrum.

Couple questions: if I already pay for HuluPlus, will the show remain free (i.e. no additional OLTL fee)? Also, anyone know how far out the show is being filmed?
The show will be free for you (and for those of us who haven't subscribed to hulu plus). You might have access to the whole season, instead of each episode expiring after ten days, like on free Hulu.

ETA - the fourth episode was the best so far, imo.
Edited by six, May 2 2013, 07:11 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Tea and Victor had some great material today. His distance and clear PTSD, her telling him about how the baby died.

Viki and Jeffrey have a great dynamic. I really enjoy Viki at the center of things, with life and purpose again. Clint is working in a supporting role.

I like how characters sort of weave in and out. I know many don't like only seeing someone briefly but I don't mind.

Todd and Blair were good.

The walls closing in on Dorian are fun to watch and I love how well they're reigniting the feud between Viki and Dorian.

I like seeing Vimal and Rama but their conversation was just odd. I mean they randomly start talking about an open marriage. LOL. It was just handled weird for me.

Wonder what Cutter's got going on. I'm assuming drug trafficking?
Edited by KMan101, May 2 2013, 08:54 AM.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

watching love scenes at 8am are kinda awesome :$ TSJ and Flo have crazy chemistry

still waiting for someone to tell me why Cutter isnt still in jail :glare:

I like Rama and Vimal together

Dorian vs Vicki Part 24931! :cheer:

TnT back to the same ol song and dance and i love it.

King
Member Avatar

I always thought of TSJ's acting as lifeless...but not in a bad way. Just stoic. I like it.

I am definitely more into OLTL than AMC, at this point.

It seems weird without Jessica though.

buffyloverlori

I love the way TSJ acts, he does it in such a way that has so much emotion in it without the emotion being over the top. With just a certain look he draws me right in. I felt a lot of emotion coming from him by just the ripping of that graffiti (however you spell it) and you can also tell that his time being captured is really having an effect on him. I am also wondering who is video taping their house. And I really wanted to be Tea today, she is a lucky women to have Vic that's for sure. And Todd and Blair have a lot of chemistry, I really like them two. Also the Cutter story-line should be interesting.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I'm officially a fan of the new opening. I guess I have no choice but to love it since OLTL is back. I especially love Todd and Blair part.

I really feel bad for Dorian in this whole scandal situation. I actually hope she's innocent, which I believe she is in all of this, which means this will look bad for Viki and the Banner and it'll serve Jeffery right. I hated how he talked to her today just disrespectful (not to mention saying shit to her the other day). I just don't like him. I believe there's more to him. Maybe Viki will fire him when all of this cleared and she can rebuild. Dorian is clearly ready to go to war with Viki.

I enjoyed Todd and Blair. They still have that chemistry. They own today's episode. I love when Blair calls him a pathetic husband, lover and father. Blair comments on him being speechless. "There's nothing to say if it's true," Todd replies. Scene of the Week/Day.

Vimal is crazy in love with Rama and her feelings is the complete opposite. She wants to see other people and he agrees to it. I would've just told her to sleep with all of Llanview and be done with her. He doesn't deserve that. I hope he finds a woman that'll make Rama regret her open marriage decision. That's just unbelievable for their race (or any other) in my opinion.

Victor and Tea were great also. Tea revealing what happened to Victor Jr. was emotional. I also wonder who's watching them? I hope this tattoo story pays off.

Also intrigued with Cutter's story.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I seriously don't like the way Jeffery talks to Viki lol.

So Rama and Vimal with the open marriage. :o
Edited by Tammy, May 2 2013, 03:20 PM.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Tammy
May 2 2013, 03:01 PM
I seriously don't like the way Jeffery talks to Viki lol.
I know! I keep wanting her to call him out on it.

But overall, I loved today...especially all things Todd/Victor. I'm very intrigued about what's happened to Victor and who could be watching him!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I did catch Viki cocking an eyebrow and given Jeffrey a look today when he was running off at the mouth.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

King
May 2 2013, 11:06 AM
I always thought of TSJ's acting as lifeless...but not in a bad way. Just stoic. I like it.

I am definitely more into OLTL than AMC, at this point.

It seems weird without Jessica though.
i was thinking maybe they'll say she moved away for a job, then i realized that i cant for the life of me remember what the hell that girl did for a living :lol:
Edited by WrecklessLove, May 2 2013, 04:44 PM.

six
Member Avatar

She worked for The Sun.

What I can't remember is what was going on with Cutter when the show ended, besides the Alex Olanov reveal. Anyone know?

Tammy
Member Avatar

six
May 2 2013, 05:27 PM
She worked for The Sun.

What I can't remember is what was going on with Cutter when the show ended, besides the Alex Olanov reveal. Anyone know?
Wasn't that the last we saw of him? He was at St. Blazes with Alex and Ggi... or something like that lol.

six
Member Avatar

Oh right. I forgot he was mixed up in the Gigi/Staci story.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

oh yeah i forgot about her sometimes working at the Sun lol

The last thing i remember Cutter doing was getting arrested for murder at the strip club Stacy worked at and framed her for. I dont recall him getting out before the finale

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I thought ABC ended with Jessica planning to leave town after Ford's death?

Paul8148

Does anyone else think that Clint somehow set Dorin up with the CIA papers?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm thinking it's tied to the people who had Victor

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Loving Viki/Dorian, and Todd/Blair. I used to love TSJTodd but now I love to hate him (TEAM RHTODD)! I'm definitely looking forward to more Natalie and I want to see more out of Laura Harrier's' Destiny.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply