Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 04:55 PM (4,361 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

OLTL: Week of April 29th Discussion

Posted Image

**If this thread gets enough action we may go to daily instead**
Attached to this post:
Attachments: _OLTL.jpg (29.58 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Tammy
Member Avatar

This whole CIA/Dorian thing is confusing me lol.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

Just wanted to add, I've been blown away by Kelly Missal. She was always in KA's shadow on the old OLTL but she is really taking the reigns as the new young star. I hope that Rob, Corbin and Laura emerge in the same way.
Edited by JtSmarts, May 2 2013, 08:02 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's episode. I'm still not following *exactly* what Dorian allegedly did or didn't do, but I'm liking the story quite a bit.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has anyone been watching these on FX? I'm curious about what they're doing about the running time, and what's getting cut.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

nightfan
May 2 2013, 03:16 AM
Have to say, the new opening is catching on.

Same.

I like the song (though I hate the "Can't you see I'm not afraid" fade out on Viki). I think if they just did some tweaking with the order of the cast it'd be solid - people are slow dancing through the faster parts and club dancing through the slow parts at the end. The visual doesn't fit the audio. Plus Jack looks like he's checking out his mother's ass, and I dont know what Tea's doing.

Ffixing the choppy logo slide would also be nice.

Edited by Drew, May 2 2013, 08:52 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Episode 4 was all kinds of good

nightfan

Drew
May 2 2013, 08:51 PM
nightfan
May 2 2013, 03:16 AM
Have to say, the new opening is catching on.

Same.

I like the song (though I hate the "Can't you see I'm not afraid" fade out on Viki). I think if they just did some tweaking with the order of the cast it'd be solid - people are slow dancing through the faster parts and club dancing through the slow parts at the end. The visual doesn't fit the audio. Plus Jack looks like he's checking out his mother's ass, and I dont know what Tea's doing.

Ffixing the choppy logo slide would also be nice.

I wish the "can't you see I'm not afraid" ran along with the One Life to Life title. Don't like the awkward couple of seconds of silence while we watch the final title.

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

So remember when they kept saying the love scenes were gonna push the boundariers and include stuff they wouldnt be able to get away with on TV? i dont seen the big deal yet. like the first love scene wasnt anything we havent seen on tv right? the only moment that i dont think would have made it on TV was Victor's "reach down" if yall dont know what i mean...

Posted Image

i mean other than that, it was pretty much a standard soap nooner. either way it was hot :blulaugh:

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am not diggin this Friday "recap" interview thing so far lol.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm not bothering to watch the Friday behind-the-scenes episode at this point, so I don't know exactly what they're doing, but what they should do (and what I definitely would watch) is pick some of the high points from the week, edit them together, and have some of the actors record commentaries over them. I'm not claiming this as my idea though because I feel like I've read it suggested elsewhere.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I like the Friday recap and interview shows. I mean it's nice to have interviews with soap actors and the behind the scenes people since SoapNet went down the tubes concerning that and is almost dead completely. I mean the Exec Producers are actually sitting with cast members talking about these shows and not hiding on a golf course somewhere... *cough* Ken Corday *cough*

I like OLTL's theme music, the actual opening is weird. I like that AMC's opening has the names of the characters in it, especially when it comes to the recasts and new characters. I will admit it has it's quirks too though.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Anyone else think Tea and Victor Jr's baby may not be dead after all?

nightfan

Tammy
May 3 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm watching a rare (but in this format, probably frequent) TV interview with "the" Erika Slezak. What's not to love?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

nightfan
May 6 2013, 03:03 AM
Tammy
May 3 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm watching a rare (but in this format, probably frequent) TV interview with "the" Erika Slezak. What's not to love?
Bathing suit fashion.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

... and the host's wig.

jacpre
Member Avatar

I love that the show is back but i don't know. There is just something missing for me. Sometimes the acting is really bad especially the newbies. I am sure they will get better with time.

The biggest let down was Victor's reveal. Dani had the best reaction of all. I can't believe Blair didn't have a reaction. SHe was like standing in the corner. Vicky was like "no big deal" and went to talk to the other guy. It was the biggest let down of all.

I also think that the writers haven't found the voices of the characters yet. The best think on the show right now is Dani. I will give it a few more weeks to see if I can get into it. I just think to much time have passed.

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hey KMan. I didn't realize that about Dani. I Love how that is with A Double Meaning because Dani was Stumbling around because she had been Drugged, BUT Dani was also Stumbling around because She was Literally Lost in Life because Her Mother was Ignoring her. That is So Interesting how Stumbling around can be Either way. Jody

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hello Grandpa Hughes. It is HULU and HULU Plus. You can Type www.toln.com OR www.theonlinenetwork.com and that will Take you to The Online Network Page. This is what Prospect Park was going to have Last Year. You Can Watch One Life To Live and All My Children on This Page and It is FREE. I don't know, but I think you can Watch Here on Your Phone which is I Pod or I Pad or Tablet because It is just going to A Web Page in My Opinion. If you do that with Other Web Sites, then I would think you can go to The Online Network Page. The thing is that I don't know if you can have Access and can Watch the Soaps and It would be Free. Try It and See if that works. Jody

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hello NatDot. The man that Runs the Club is Cutter. Drew was just Born near the End of One Life To Live so Drew should not even be A Year Old Yet. If They want to have had him have A Birthday, then he can be A Year Old. I don't think Matthew and Destiny are in their Mid 20's. They might be around 20 maybe. I think that maybe They had Graduated High School. Jody

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hello Manders. You can Type in www.toln.com OR www.theonlinenetwork.com and you will be on The Online Network Page. This is where Prospect Park was going to have People Watch the Soaps Last Year. You can Type This on Your Start Page or Home Page in that Box at the Top of the Page. That is Called the Search Engine and then You Click on Search. You can Watch One Life To Live or All My Children FREE and You can Watch This in Canada. Jody

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply