Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL/AMC: Here's how to Watch!
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 05:44 PM (982 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

AMC & OLTL Cliff Notes Viewing Guide: 5AMEST Episodes Posted! New Episodes Up for Ten Days FREE on Hulu!

Michael Fairman

Alright our dearest All My Children and One Life to Live fans, the time is upon us! We are t-minus less than 24 hours and counting till the first episodes of the revivals of All My Children and One Life to Live are posted for the first time on Monday, April 29th!

So with several questions still looming and perhaps not clear to our loyal, faithful, and amazing On-Air On-Soaps fans, we want to give you a quick Cliff Notes version (remember when we used those handy books to cheat on our knowledge of what Shakespeare was trying to say in written tests in English Lit in High School or College?) of the important facts of when and how to see all-new episodes of AMC and OLTL, so you don’t miss a beat, and can get the full digital experience of watching these beloved shows return! It’s their homecoming, and you should be there with open arms! So here is our round-up of facts:

* All New Episodes of AMC and OLTL will be uploaded Monday-Thursday at 5AMEST/2AMPST time to Hulu.com. The new episodes of AMC will live on the All My Children page and the new episodes of OLTL will live on the One Life to Live page. Just because the episodes are uploaded each day at 5AM, does not mean you have to watch it then. They are up for your viewing pleasure at any time during your day that you can log on to www.hulu.com. Select “All My Children” or “One Life to Live” from the list of shows offered on the Hulu platform, or type the show name in the search bar and look for AMC and OLTL, so you can be caught up with other fans of the show before the next episode is posted the following early morning.

*New Episodes of AMC and OLTL will be available for FREE for ten days on Hulu! So count the first upload day as one and you have nine more days to catch the episode for free in case you missed it, or simply want to watch it again.

* Hulu Plus is another way which you can be connected to new episodes of AMC and OLTL anytime, anywhere, at a cost of $7.99 a month. With Hulu Plus you can watch new episodes through devices that display online shows on your television, such as Apple TV, Roku, Wii or Xbox gaming systems and some Blu Ray DVD players. If you are not sure you want to pay the fee for Hulu Plus, you can click here to try a 1-week FREE trial!

*You can also download episodes from Apple’s iTunes store using your personal computer or Apple TV. You can also watch AMC and OLTL on apps from iPhones, iPads, etc. On Apple’s iTunes, ad-free versions of All My Children and One Life to Live will be 99¢ per episode (or $10 for a month of shows), for playback on computers, iPads, iPhones and Apple TV.

* Many long time fans are resistant to watching their soap on the computer- but with Hulu Plus and as stated above, most newer computers have the ability to run a cable from your desktop or laptop to be able to hook it up to your television! That way you can sit on your couch, spread out, grab some popcorn, and watch it as per usual! Make sure you check with the company or store if you purchase a new computer to ensure you re able you to view the show on your TV set.

*Canadian viewers will get to see new-episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live on cable channel FX Canada starting Monday April 29th with AMC airing at 12Noon and OLTL airing at 12:30PM, so they are caught up on new episodes along with their U.S counterparts.

* AMC and OLTL Previews and Recaps are back at On-Air On-Soaps! Over the weekend we have reconfigured our weekly Soap Updates page adding back previews of new episode teasers for All My Children and One Life to Live. In addition, starting next weekend, we will bring back our weekly recaps of all six soap operas currently airing, so you can comment and sound off on story points and likes and dislikes!

* More All My Children and More One Life to Live Recap Shows – those shows will be the fifth episode of the week for AMC and OLTL. The first one will debut on the same platforms as your daily episodes of AMC and OLTL: Hulu, HuluPlus and iTunes starting this Friday, May 3rd. “More” offers a behind-the-scenes look, lifestyle segments, and interviews, with cast members from both shows.

*Important Rules For The Road: You can have your coffee with AMC and OLTL, you can have your lunch with AMC and OLTL, you can have a cocktail and watch what goes down in Pine Valley and Llanview, you can tuck yourself into bed and watch it before you nod off for the night. The luxury of the new viewing schedule is, you don’t have to consistently try to figure out if you taped or DVR’d the episode, if you missed the replay on SOAPnet, or if you missed the original daily showing!

We hope our Cliff Notes will help you enjoy the experience of seeing brand new episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! And, if you will be part of soap opera history tomorrow!

Michael Fairman

OLTL Cast Members Tell You How To Watch New Episodes on Hulu and Hulu Plus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByTE2_hhzeM

Edited by Daytime, Apr 28 2013, 05:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

One Life to Live: Answers to 8 Burning Questions About the Online Reboot
Apr 26, 2013 06:24 PM ET
by Liz Raftery

Are you ready to go back to Llanview?

The online reboot of One Life to Live premieres Monday, more than 15 months after the soap's broadcast finale aired on ABC. So, what should fans expect from the new version? Will it still feel like the same show or will longtime viewers feel like something is off? And will new viewers be completely lost if they start watching now? We have answers to all your burning questions:

1. How do I watch it? First things first. One Life to Live and All My Children have made the switch to online, and both series will be available through Hulu (www.hulu.com) as well as iTunes — meaning viewers can now watch the shows on their computers, iPhones, iPads, Apple TVs, regular TVs (through a Blu-Ray player), and a host of other digital media devices. Each week, new episodes of each show will debut at 5 a.m. ET Mondays through Thursdays. On Fridays, half-hour recap episodes for each show will be made available. For longtime viewers who are nervous about wading into the waters of online TV viewing, actor Jerry verDorn, who plays Clint Buchanan, assures: "It's so easy. ... And the older fans, they can always call their nephew or the niece or a young kid off the street and say, 'Hook me up with Hulu.'"

2. What are the biggest changes? The biggest changes happened behind the scenes, starting with the set location. Both One Life to Live and All My Children are now filmed in Stamford, Conn. Secondly, their running times have been trimmed to 30 minutes per episode. The series also has a new intro and theme song produced by none other than rapper Snoop Lion (née Dogg), which actor Robert S. Woods calls "the best one since Peabo Bryson's." In addition, many of the key One Life to Live players — including head writer Ron Carlivati and actors Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth — defected to General Hospital while Prospect Park and The Online Network were still hammering out the details of the OLTL reboot. And finally, OLTL has a new showrunner — Jennifer Pepperman, a former coordinating producer and associate director on the series.

3. Will all the old characters be back? Some, but not all. As mentioned above, Easton and Alderson (who play John McBain and Starr Manning) have moved on to Port Charles. And Howarth is headed that way too, albeit after a brief stint in Llanview. But many fan favorites, including Nora (Hillary B. Smith), Bo (Woods), Blair (Kassie DePaiva), Viki (Erika Slezak), Clint (verDorn), Cutter (Josh Kelly), Natalie (Melissa Archer), Dorian (Robin Strasser) and even David Vickers (Tuc Watkins), will be returning. In addition, while the characters Destiny and Matthew will be returning, their faces won't be familiar. Robert Gorrie is taking over the role of Matthew from Eddie Alderson, and Laura Harrier is replacing Shenell Edmonds as Destiny.

4. What's happened, plot-wise, during the hiatus? The online reboot picks up six months after the show's finale on ABC. And while we don't want to give away too much of what happens in the first episode, it's safe to say that a lot has gone down in those six months — and not everything will be explained right away. A quick summary of some of the major players: Dorian returns from Washington, D.C. to find herself embroiled in a political scandal thanks to a story in The Banner, and reconnects with David Vickers. Cutter and Blair have formed an unlikely business partnership to open the new nightclub Shelter. Natalie is embracing single motherhood but still feeling "a little lost," according to actress Melissa Archer. And while Bo and Nora are having some drama with their son Matthew, their marriage is stronger than ever. "It's like the old days," Woods tells TVGuide.com. "They're not bickering. They're supporting each other." Adds Smith: "I think Bo and Nora fans will be really happy with the first [few] episodes. ... It's a reconnection of Bo and Nora, which hadn't happened in a long time." But what about the biggest cliffhanger of the finale — Todd (Howarth) being arrested for Victor's murder, paired with the big reveal that Victor is actually still alive? Their worlds will collide again in the online premiere, but you'll have to tune in to find out how.

5. Are there going to be new characters? Yes. Among the new characters introduced in the first episode is Jeffrey King, played by High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu. King is a hungry young journalist who's trying to move up from freelancer to full-time reporter at The Banner. "He's very savvy," Bleu tells TVGuide.com. "He's very quick, very motivated and very power-hungry. There is a great sort of power struggle between Viki and him." Down the road, Jersey Shore star Jenni "JWOWW " Farley turns in a guest appearance as a bartender, and rapper Riff Raff plays art dealer Jamie Franko.

6. Will the show look the same? Yes and no. The external locations and some of the sets are different, and even technically speaking, the new version has made some changes — using varying camera angles and video equipment like jibs and Steadicams, which will give the scenes an updated appearance. "They really enhance the look and the feel the show without changing it," Josh Kelly tells TVGuide.com. "The bottom line is, they are more expensive to use, and it looks more expensive."

7. Is the tone different? Though the show's writing staff is almost entirely new, the transition has been seamless. "I think they did their research, if you will," Kelly says. "My character felt like my character. It didn't feel like they were writing a different one. It felt similar to what it was before." Also, now that it's online, One Life to Live is definitely a little more racy. In the first episode alone, there are a handful of words that wouldn't have made it past ABC's censors. And look for the sex scenes to get a little steamier. "Because you don't have a network, you have the capability to make things a lot edgier and a lot sexier, and they're pushing the envelope with it. They really are," explains new cast member Bleu. "To the point that when I read the first episode, I was surprised. Because it's not the same One Life to Live that my grandmother used to watch."

8. I've never seen One Life to Live before. Why should I start watching now? If sex and scandals are your thing, this is the show for you. As Bleu said, this isn't your grandparents' One Life to Live. "It's young, it's hip, it's fresh," JWOWW assured TVGuide.com at the show's premiere in New York City last week. With so many story lines packed into a 30-minute episode, the segments go by in a flash — and it's surprisingly easy to pick up. "I can 100 percent say that I feel it's a lot less soap-y," Melissa Archer tells TVGuide.com. "When I watched it, [I thought], wow, this looks like a CW show. It looks like a good, fun program that I would watch [even] if I didn't like daytime [TV]. And if I do like daytime, even better."

TV Guide

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks so much for posting!!! :)

Daytime
Member Avatar

^^You are very welcome... I hope it helps. :)

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Daytime
Apr 28 2013, 06:01 PM
^^You are very welcome... I hope it helps. :)
Yes, it helps a lot!!! :)

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Roku is the best way to go if you want to watch the soaps on your TV! I am so addicted to mine. I even added an app to watch YouTube on my TV and have been watching tons of vintage soap episodes!

Jo Ann Zinaman

Hey Michael. People can also Watch on The Online Network. They can Type www.toln.com OR www.theonlinenetwork.com. They can Watch All My Children AND One Life To Live and This is FREE. Jody

nightfan

I use my HDMI hookup from my laptop to my HDTV to watch these soaps. I WISH someone would tell these poor grannies how easy that is. It's not HD, but it's just like watching a wide screen SD version of the show. And it rocks! Forget Hulu Plus, guys!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

You assume that everyone uses a laptop....

nightfan

Matt
May 11 2013, 02:19 PM
You assume that everyone uses a laptop....
I'm not saying it works for everyone, Matt.
Still, there are HDMI hookups on many desktop computers as well.
This is important to note because I worry that some entities want to convince people they need to subscribe to Hulu Plus to see the show on their TV.
This simple trick (using a Rocketfish cable) is actually all they need to see the show on their TV. It's sad that the word isn't out there.
Please, everyone, check to see if you have an HDMI port on your desktop PC or laptop. Spread the word!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply