Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo taken off contract; will remain on recurring basis
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM (6,462 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

BRYAN DATTILO TAKEN OFF CONTRACT...WILL REMAIN ON RECURRING BASIS

Per the Sami/Lucas message board, Second Chances, Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was taken off contract at the end of his 13-week cycle in February 2013. The change should take effect in the credits sometime in late May/early June. He will remain with the show on a recurring basis. The news comes just as Dattilo celebrated the 20th anniversary of his "Days" debut earlier this month and with him just 50 episodes shy of reaching the 2,000 episode appearance mark, something only 14 "Days" actors have done in the show's 47-year history.

http://secondchanceslumi.com/topic/6723469/1/
Edited by Jason47, Apr 28 2013, 09:22 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nanasmiles

I want BD on the show full time. I love his interaction with his kids, his family and Sami. BD could be so much more to the show than some of the newer guys brought on. And appreciated more.

LovingDays

Why not shawn christian or galen gerring....Bryan need more airtime than those 2 useless

Kaycee

Im not surprised.. After they dropped the story with Lucas and Sami.. The writing was on the wall.. Now i believe they will just use him now and then for Well's story, and maybe later for his daughter. Its such a shame that they didnt, or Wouldnt find him a new Love interest.

concerned
Member Avatar

Just shaking my head.... some of best scenes this year were Sami and Lucas in the police evidence room.
Lucas has so many ties to all areas of the cast. He's proven before he can work well outside of the Sami sphere.

Great to see further reaffirmation that the clowns directing this ship have no idea what they are doing.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

We all saw this one coming. I still think it's a stupid and backwards move.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Nothing will happen with Lucas as long as Gary Tomlin is at the writing helm...NOTHING....

My interest in the show is slowly dwindling.....am I really to believe that with his age group that no female can be brought in for him but can be for GG. Nothing against Galen, but come on.....Lucas is far more connected to the show that Rafe is...and with Sami currently in Dimeraland, there is truly no reason why both Lucas and Rafe can't have believable love interests and stories simultaneously but you know.....the bias this writer has is astounding....I can't stand him for that alone...

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I rather see Lucas on my screen then the 2 useless characters eating up airtime i.e Jennifer and Daniel.

Serenity 808

This is awful news. Bryan's practically a vet, being on the show for the most of the twenty years he's been on, and the writers could easily find stories for Lucas that don't involve Sami.

am103
Member Avatar

Absolutely terrible. How many times are they going to do this? Apparently there is no hope for Lucas outside of Sami's orbit. Such a shame and a waste of talent.

Carly
Member Avatar

Ugh! This is so frustrating!

Lucas should be a major player in Will's current storyline. It would be awesome to see Sami, EJ, Lucas, and Kate all working together to help Will get custody of the baby. Lucas is being kept on the sidelines when he should be right in the thick of things!

JorgeAnn1950
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Apr 28 2013, 07:35 PM
Why not shawn christian or galen gerring....Bryan need more airtime than those 2 useless
ITA GG has too much screen time. BD is a much better actor them him.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Not surprised by this. This completely sucks for Bryan. More rotten treatment of the vets. Thanks Tomlin. :flipoff: :flipoff:

marie1969

JorgeAnn1950
Apr 28 2013, 08:24 PM
LovingDays
I agree as well. It pisses me off that they are getting rid of Lucas while keeping other useless characters. I would trade GG for BD anytime.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Next we will be hearing that about DH's I fear :<

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena to recurring.

Cathalina

JorgeAnn1950
LovingDays
While I don't want want this to happen to BD, Galen is not exactly the actor I would trade him for in the Will's baby storyline. Rafe has a place in that storyline as Gabi's brother. Lucas is Will's father, and that's where he belongs. Instead we get a hair brained scheme to schmooze Stefano.

Right now, less BS and more vets. Unless the suits missed it, current story is not exactly MUST SEE TV.

I_Love_Coffee
Member Avatar

Jason47
Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM
BRYAN DATTILO TAKEN OFF CONTRACT...WILL REMAIN ON RECURRING BASIS

Per the Sami/Lucas message board, Second Chances, Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was taken off contract at the end of his 13-week cycle in February 2013. The change should take effect in the credits sometime in late May/early June. He will remain with the show on a recurring basis. The news comes just as Dattilo celebrated the 20th anniversary of his "Days" debut earlier this month and with him just 50 episodes shy of reaching the 2,000 episode appearance mark, something only 14 "Days" actors have done in the show's 47-year history.

http://secondchanceslumi.com/topic/6723469/1/
That is so sad. Days really don't care about us Bryan Dattilo fans. :shrug: I don't know why they did this, since they keep hiring 20 something actors. Why not use the actors that the fans love. :'(

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

Cathalina
Apr 28 2013, 09:21 PM
JorgeAnn1950
LovingDays
While I don't want want this to happen to BD, Galen is not exactly the actor I would trade him for in the Will's baby storyline. Rafe has a place in that storyline as Gabi's brother. Lucas is Will's father, and that's where he belongs. Instead we get a hair brained scheme to schmooze Stefano.

Right now, less BS and more vets. Unless the suits missed it, current story is not exactly MUST SEE TV.
I agree in part with the Will/Gaby/baby story...but if you see even those that absolutely should be front and center aren't....think about it...how much have we seen Will in his own daughter's story? How about Gabi? Heck Nick has played more of a vital part in this story than anyone that should absolutely be in it...not that he shouldn't, as the antagonist of the story Nick belongs. But yeah, the likes of Lucas, Marlena, Kate, Victor, Sonny are sorely underutilized in this story.....it's become the Sami, Stefano, Ej story, with a side of Nick and Will for good measure....

I truly don't know WTF is up in Burbank...but clearly taking BD off contract just at the time that his character was going to be a grandpa just seems so bizarre....and then to top it all off, you get two new actresses to Days with at least one new role but Lucas gets nothing....yeah, I have nothing.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena to recurring.
HA! One of many reasons I love you Matt.

I confess to being much more interested in Lucas' snarky comments than whether Jarlena can make it through yet another threat to their epic love. Of all the vets that MarDar brought back, Lucas was the one I wanted to keep around the most. I get that GT may not see him as a romantic lead, fine whatever. But he has such a place on this show as Will's supportive dad, Sami's snarky ex, Kate's reluctant partner-in-crime, EJ's sarcastic frenemy, Jennifer's straight-talkin' brother, etc., etc. Lucas is great for a little comedy and to say the things that the audience is thinking. I really feel like he can play a unique role on this show and I wish TPTB shared my sentiment.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply