Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo taken off contract; will remain on recurring basis
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM (6,337 Views)
samwel

not surprised after his tweets.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Well, they have been treating him like was already on recurring so this isn't surprising. I don't get what they have against the character/actor.

bomber
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 28 2013, 10:10 PM
Well, they have been treating him like was already on recurring so this isn't surprising. I don't get what they have against the character/actor.

Same thing they have against DR, MA and PR. He's over 40 and not stripper material.

michr544125

More senseless treatment towards the vets by DOOL. I won't be surprised to hear that he's completely gone by summer. As soon as they decided to throw Lucas out of the Sami Harlem of Men story Lucas had no role. He obviously will never get a love interest again. He's barely been involved in the baby story. Bryan D is one of the best actors on the show which was proven during Will's coming out. This show is clueless. The baby story should have given more, not less focus to the all of the characters that should be involved in the baby story. Instead it's become the Sami and Nick show. I am not saying Blake isn't a great actor. But to make the baby story all about them when it should have been an equal story about Will, Gabi, Sonny and Nick with the rest of their family playing huge supporting roles, it shows how messed up this show is.
Edited by michr544125, Apr 28 2013, 10:16 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

bomber
Apr 28 2013, 10:13 PM
Angie79

Same thing they have against DR, MA and PR. He's over 40 and not stripper material.
Well, he is the same age as Galen and Eric and younger than Shawn. I don't think it's his age.

bomber
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 28 2013, 10:17 PM
bomber
Angie79

Well, he is the same age as Galen and Eric and younger than Shawn. I don't think it's his age.

But they are all "beefcake" builds which is how TPTB like their middle aged men. I'm not knocking BD's body - I prefer a skinny build myself :D .
Edited by bomber, Apr 28 2013, 10:21 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

bomber
Angie79

Aren't GG, SC and EM all over 40?

And I've seen clips of BD faux stripping and I'ld say he's got what it takes.

concerned
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 28 2013, 10:17 PM
bomber
Angie79

Its the fact that he capable of being entertaining in an intelligent and amusing manner.

Obviously not a direction the show is currently interested in going for.

Daysfan1976

This news to me is just plain crap. I think Lucas should be more involved in helping Will get custody of his daughter because he is Will's biological father, but also because this is his granddaughter. Ejs involvement makes no sense to me. He will have no relation to this child whatsoever. He's only involved because he's engaged to Sami. Who cares?

In any other job, seniority and legacy count. You give 20 years of your life to your job, what do you get? Screwed over. BD deserves better, as do all the vets. TPzTB should know some of us don't care about a hot bod. We want humor, good acting, interesting characters, and familiarity. This show is sinking fast.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

bomber
Angie79

I beg to differ. He is most definitely stripper material. I've seen the pictures. :chee:

ivy

They should drop Daniel and Jen to recurring instead of doing so to him.

bomber
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 10:32 PM
bomber
Angie79

I beg to differ. He is most definitely stripper material. I've seen the pictures. :chee:
Knowing your penchant for pictures I'll believe you. ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

We could drop Kate to recurring. She's older than he is. Then put Lucas back on contract. And if he hooks up with Gabi to keep the baby in the family....

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena to recurring.
I think this is actually a very good idea (although they're probably already on recurring, we just haven't been told yet!).

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

LuvingLumi
Apr 28 2013, 09:39 PM
Cathalina
Apr 28 2013, 09:21 PM
JorgeAnn1950
Apr 28 2013, 08:24 PM
LovingDays
Apr 28 2013, 07:35 PM
Why not shawn christian or galen gerring....Bryan need more airtime than those 2 useless
ITA GG has too much screen time. BD is a much better actor them him.
While I don't want want this to happen to BD, Galen is not exactly the actor I would trade him for in the Will's baby storyline. Rafe has a place in that storyline as Gabi's brother. Lucas is Will's father, and that's where he belongs. Instead we get a hair brained scheme to schmooze Stefano.

Right now, less BS and more vets. Unless the suits missed it, current story is not exactly MUST SEE TV.
I agree in part with the Will/Gaby/baby story...but if you see even those that absolutely should be front and center aren't....think about it...how much have we seen Will in his own daughter's story? How about Gabi? Heck Nick has played more of a vital part in this story than anyone that should absolutely be in it...not that he shouldn't, as the antagonist of the story Nick belongs. But yeah, the likes of Lucas, Marlena, Kate, Victor, Sonny are sorely underutilized in this story.....it's become the Sami, Stefano, Ej story, with a side of Nick and Will for good measure....

I truly don't know WTF is up in Burbank...but clearly taking BD off contract just at the time that his character was going to be a grandpa just seems so bizarre....and then to top it all off, you get two new actresses to Days with at least one new role but Lucas gets nothing....yeah, I have nothing.
It makes NO sense! Out of all the men on the show, Lucas is the most entertaining & the one I'd most like to see in a front burner story. :shrug:

Kriss4

I'm just reading this for the first time, and I'm sorry to all the Bryan/Lucas fans out there. They could still really use Lucas, even if he's recurring, but I know Days is inconsistent in this area. The only recurring character they often use is Victor...and lately they've used Maxine, and sometimes T.

They actually have a strong recurring cast. They should use them more...but it's hard to figure they WILL.

Again...I'm sorry.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Apr 28 2013, 10:01 PM
Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena to recurring.
HA! One of many reasons I love you Matt.

I confess to being much more interested in Lucas' snarky comments than whether Jarlena can make it through yet another threat to their epic love. Of all the vets that MarDar brought back, Lucas was the one I wanted to keep around the most. I get that GT may not see him as a romantic lead, fine whatever. But he has such a place on this show as Will's supportive dad, Sami's snarky ex, Kate's reluctant partner-in-crime, EJ's sarcastic frenemy, Jennifer's straight-talkin' brother, etc., etc. Lucas is great for a little comedy and to say the things that the audience is thinking. I really feel like he can play a unique role on this show and I wish TPTB shared my sentiment.
His place Is so much bigger than this statement. He is a greyest Horton onscreen.

He is the only mid 30s male character that is viable as both bad and good. You could actually put him as the bad guy or good guy in a story and not have to rewrite him. He is not a character that needs to be redeemed every three minutes or darkened. He is truly gray.

He has a solid link to nearly every character which means you could have an unbrella story with him.

The Tptb are blind and dumb. But you could tell that by watching the show.
Edited by Aliaron, Apr 28 2013, 11:57 PM.

I_Love_Coffee
Member Avatar

JorgeAnn1950
Apr 28 2013, 08:24 PM
LovingDays
Apr 28 2013, 07:35 PM
Why not shawn christian or galen gerring....Bryan need more airtime than those 2 useless
ITA GG has too much screen time. BD is a much better actor them him.
I agree. But we all know that GG is Tomlin favorite. I think BD is a better actor, that why Tomlin won't write for Bryan. Tomlin is afraid Bryan will outshine his favorite and we can't have anyone who outshine Tomlin's favorite around. :frustration:

Kriss4

I think most people like Lucas and really like Bryan, too. I could think of a few actors who a lot of folks would like to see less of, judging from reaction on the boards, and Bryan isn't one of them.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Just more mistakes and missed opportunties by TPTB. I think their mission is to kill the show..and they are on their way!

Bryan is a fan favorite. Lucas is a totally different from all the other characters, he's an interesting character and when he's on it doesn't seem like they are beating a dead horse over and over (Daniel/ EJ..)

They are bringing back 2 new women, why can't one be for him? One could be Autumn..with a child he didnt' know he had. That would be an interesting story. He becomes a grandfather and a daddy to a new baby all at the same time. Have Sami go nuts over that, seeing what she missed out on.

SO many stories for him, he's connect to almost everyone in town. Why are they being so stupid in Burbank?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply