Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo taken off contract; will remain on recurring basis
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM (6,352 Views)
Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

It's a shame that, as much as much as this show has yanked Dattilo around, they still have yet to find a good story for him to sink his teeth into. He deserves better.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Actor87
Apr 29 2013, 02:58 AM
It's a shame that, as much as much as this show has yanked Dattilo around, they still have yet to find a good story for him to sink his teeth into. He deserves better.

If they haven't managed to find a good story for anybody I doubt their chances of finding one for Bryan
It's not like they are swimming in good stories at the moment.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

There is something seriously wrong when Bryan Dattilo gets demoted to recurring but Shawn Christian remains under contract. The real Horton is demoted while the fake continues to get shoved down our throats. So glad I stopped watching. :flipoff:

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

This is exactly what I mean, Tomlin and company enjoy screwing with Bryan and his fans. I haven't watched this show but in clips.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

in this day and age, Days can not afford to lose one single fan. Watch Days sink into the ground by taking him off regular airing.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

so not surprising....smdh

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 10:38 PM
We could drop Kate to recurring. She's older than he is. Then put Lucas back on contract. And if he hooks up with Gabi to keep the baby in the family....
:toetap:

I think we all saw this coming the day GT returned, but it's still too bad. Days touched on some scenes that could have made an interesting story, like when Lucas thought Sonny was a player; I thought we'd see Lucas deal with his own past as a player and as the child of a meddling parent.

IIttu
Member Avatar

sad, sad, sad..

WowItsJustine
Member Avatar

It all comes down to tptb don't care.They'll do what they want when they want.It's pretty obvious.
Writers favorites are what seem to have a place on this show now.As a longtime viewer it's pretty clear they don't care about us.

And to think I was so excited for BD's return and what could come of it.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It would be wonderful to see Lucas, Autumn and Allie with a baby making a home together.

I would love to see more of Carolyn and Campbell Rose, they are such sweet little actresses.

Posted Image

Sevprince

:shame:
TPTB are idiots.

Bee
Member Avatar

This is about as surprising as getting wet on a rainy day.

It's a shame they are losing a character with legacy ties and keeping two unbearable characters. I could do without ever seeing Daniel Jonas and Rafe Hernandez on my screen every again.

BD is definitely good at delivering one-liners. That does put him a step above SC and GG what with them barely being able to recite their lines in a believable way.

Plus, I prefer Dattilo's "Shouty Chipmunk Face" to Shawn Christian's "King Perv of Confusion Face" or Gering's "King of the Smug Fart Face."

AHM

Lucas has a personality. It seems characters with personalities get shafted on Days. It's probably easier to write "insert a character" type stories with generics like Rafe, Brady, and Dan.

Thomson
Member Avatar

This is bullshit...

jb1183

Disgusting but not surprising.

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

This fucking blows. I'm SO sick of TPTB's shitty treatment of long-time fan favorites like BD, while they fawn over a select few pets and shove them down our throats. Bryan deserves much better than this and so do the fans. It makes no sense to me and it never will. :headbang: :flipoff:

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I would much rather BD stick around than a few of the others the writers seem to think the audience likes (*coughRafecough*).

However, the writers haven't written well for BD in years. I last remember enjoying him when he and Sami were scheming to keep Carrie and Austin apart. Back then, even, he played sarcastic well off the Sween, and the writers seem to confuse that with romantic chemistry which has translated into lackluster storylines for BD ever since. I don't actually think he can carry a SL on his own, but there is a place for him in a supporting role. Bummer.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

IMHO some of Bryan's best work happened when Lucas was in a romantic relationship with Sami. It worked so well for the show that they milked the story from 2003 through 2008....and frankly when Bryan came back to the show after being fired in 2001, he came back on recurring, they actually put him on contract about a year later right before they were going to start the Lumi love story. Maybe this time, he'll get a contract and they'll bring a new woman for him....yeah right...who am I kidding....

Bryan has carried storylines on his own ...it hasn't happened in a while but Will being Lucas' son and Lucas being BIll's son were very Lucas centric storylines.....maybe if they actually tried to do that on occasion with Lucas, then BD would be able to prove that he can do it....why not try at least...it's not like they have anything to lose anyway.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Apr 29 2013, 03:20 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Not surprised that Bryan was dropped down to recurring the writing was on the wall as soon as Tomlin was re-hired. I wouldn't be surprised if the DH's or at least Drake is the next one to be put on re-occurring : (
I used to think Bryan & Matt were treated shabbily because the had done something to piss off Corday or NBC .
But the fact that MIssy R is front & center on the show despite being sued by Corday productions for breach of contract makes this all so bizarre to me

bomber
Member Avatar

AHM
Apr 29 2013, 11:56 AM
Lucas has a personality. It seems characters with personalities get shafted on Days. It's probably easier to write "insert a character" type stories with generics like Rafe, Brady, and Dan.
So much this. Tomlin loves generic so good-bye Lucas, Jack and Bo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply