Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo taken off contract; will remain on recurring basis
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM (6,403 Views)
salempc
Member Avatar

bomber
Apr 29 2013, 03:54 PM
AHM
Apr 29 2013, 11:56 AM
Lucas has a personality. It seems characters with personalities get shafted on Days. It's probably easier to write "insert a character" type stories with generics like Rafe, Brady, and Dan.
So much this. Tomlin loves generic so good-bye Lucas, Jack and Bo.
That's exactly what it is. Gary Tomlin can't write for characters that fall outside of his narrow field of vision - ie. ones with depth, charisma and personality. Sad for me (and Days, since I refuse to watch this crap) that the exact kind of characters he can't write are the ones I want to watch, and the dullards that he can write are ones that I never want to see.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan20yrs
Member Avatar

This sucks!! I love Bryan and Lucas. Their treatment of him is horrible. He is a Horton for crying out loud and should be given his own storyline. If I had things my way Lumi would be back together. They should get rid of GG before him. What is the use of Rafe anymore? Him and Kate disgust me. They have fully ruined Safe and I can't see how they could ever go back there.

jb1183

LuvingLumi
Apr 29 2013, 03:16 PM
IMHO some of Bryan's best work happened when Lucas was in a romantic relationship with Sami. It worked so well for the show that they milked the story from 2003 through 2008....and frankly when Bryan came back to the show after being fired in 2001, he came back on recurring, they actually put him on contract about a year later right before they were going to start the Lumi love story. Maybe this time, he'll get a contract and they'll bring a new woman for him....yeah right...who am I kidding....

Bryan has carried storylines on his own ...it hasn't happened in a while but Will being Lucas' son and Lucas being BIll's son were very Lucas centric storylines.....maybe if they actually tried to do that on occasion with Lucas, then BD would be able to prove that he can do it....why not try at least...it's not like they have anything to lose anyway.
The idea that Bryan is even in a position to have to "prove" his ability to carry a storyline is terribly sad. He is a beloved and extremely popular character played by a very capable actor. He is a Horton with a fanbase much larger then Daniel or Rafe, and at least a comparable one to EJ. Viewers have made it clear they want him actively involved in frontburner storylines. He's related to many other characters. It shouldn't be this much of a struggle to get him something worthwhile to do onscreen.

It's clear that most viewers would prefer having Lucas and Jack to Rafe and Daniel. I'm sure Tomlin knows this, too. He just doesn't care.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena to recurring.
Or, drop Dannifer to reoccurring. To TPTB:

Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 29 2013, 05:51 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Bryan is one of the most talented, dedicated, humble, hard-working, loyal, fan-favorite actors on this damn show, and they spit on him. This show is not worthy of actors like Bryan, or fans like his.

Gary Tomlin needs to get over himself and try to actually write a good show with the good actors he has in his cast. He is an absolute joke.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Bryan is one of the most talented, dedicated, humble, hard-working, loyal, fan-favorite actors on this damn show, and they spit on him. This show is not worthy of actors like Bryan, or fans like his. :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Gary Tomlin needs to get over himself and try to actually write a good show with the good actors he has in his cast. He is an absolute joke. :frustration:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

:glare: The head writers are paid to write stories for the cast that people want to watch.

The smell of fish makes me gag, but if I owned a restaurant I would put on my big girl pants and serve fish every friday.

Someone needs to send TomSell some big boy pants :angry:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 10:38 PM
We could drop Kate to recurring. She's older than he is. Then put Lucas back on contract. And if he hooks up with Gabi to keep the baby in the family....
Hell no! I love Kate. The more she is on screen the better.

tylerbo20

who is in charge of this show? Tomsell? or Greg Meng and Corday? I know Meng was so pumped about the reboot and now we never hear from him. Something fishy has happend i think NBC/SONY have taken control hence Tomsell/Characters we hate to watch.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This bothers me. Lucas was always a character that I rooted for. He just has this way with Sami that makes her tolerable for me. It's like they think Lucas can't do anything without Sami, and they don't even try. So much potential, and Bryan is obviously someone whom much of the cast and probably crew love. Maybe not the higher-ups so much, because I think he's been known to not be subtle in what he thinks :-), but heck.

Brenda Collins

Keep Bryan get rid of GG let him go back to modeling his acting is not that great.I never understood how some one with a sister in prison , and family that lets teenager work work in a traven , and background that is future sister in law said he had some to do with her death. Please say we have people better qualified for that position.

Evan
Member Avatar

Sadly I'm not surprised, Bryan is in the same category as Matt Ashford - actors who Gary Tomlin doesn't want to write SLs for.
Tomlin prefers useless himbos like Daniel and Rafe to good solid complex male characters(like Jack & Lucas).
And I won't be shocked if Dee & Drake are dumped to recurring in coming months.
DAYS will even more be "The Daniel Jonas Worship Hour".

blueskies
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 29 2013, 06:18 PM
Matt
Apr 28 2013, 10:38 PM
We could drop Kate to recurring. She's older than he is. Then put Lucas back on contract. And if he hooks up with Gabi to keep the baby in the family....
Hell no! I love Kate. The more she is on screen the better.
Can I just say that I love your Brady avatar, :wub: I keep stopping mid-page to watch it.

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Sucks! I actually enjoy Lucas. I'll take him over Rafe, Dan, or Brady any day.

vinnmerc
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Apr 28 2013, 07:35 PM
Why not shawn christian or galen gerring....Bryan need more airtime than those 2 useless
I find the incessant Rafe pimping annoying :glare: :glare: Especially with Ejami just starting up again , it is much more interesting to watch than SAFE ever was...Why did they let Bryan go instead of GG??? :glare: .

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

It's insane that Tomlin's bias against the such a versatile and well liked/loved character is allowed to run unchecked like this. Corday, DeCozette and Meng should be ashamed of themselves. They're the producers. MAKE that hack to write for Lucas/BD, and for that matter the entire cast, and not just his favorites like SC, GG and EM.

Evan
Member Avatar

Far too much Rafe and Daniel, it's killing DAYS, yet those two are the characters that the suits at NBC obviously think are the ones that bring in the viewers LOL

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

What really annoys me is that it's the same shit that happened in 2008 and this time it's happened again exactly the same way.....it's so frustrating that they can't even give Lucas a believable love interest. They have 2 females in the age group coming in and one of them could have been for Lucas, but for whatever reason they just would rather take the lazy way out and write for a character or two that doesn't take too much thought into what to do with him. It's as easy as, "Rafe spots (whatever the chick's name is) from across the room, looks at her and stares"....

lazydazes
Member Avatar

There are so many wrongs to this. I place the blame squarely on Corday`s/NBC`s shoulders. They just keep making one idiotic maneuver after another. What happened to the DAYS when the show wrote for an ensemble of characters? Nowadays, TPTB are incapable of it. Bryan D has been disrespected for years now and foolsihly they think he`s useless because he`s not with sami. Bull. My solution? Let`s spare Deidre, Drake, & Bryan, but pare down on Sweeney`s airtime and overexposure. Ali can play the C story or hit the backburner. That will free up time for john/doc and lucas. There are two single females coming to Salem and there is no reason why lucas couldn`t have started fresh with one of them. Or they could have easily brought autumn to salem. Just give the man a story people. Hey, NBC suits, stop stroking some of those giant egos backstage and start scripting compelling drama with an ensemble cast. Then, you just might pull the truck out of the ditch.

Evan
Member Avatar

Bit by bit, Tomlin/Whitesell are erasing any remaining traces of the MARDAR era.
John and Marlena will be out next - rumor I've seen elsewhere.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply