Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bryan Dattilo taken off contract; will remain on recurring basis
Topic Started: Apr 28 2013, 07:03 PM (6,353 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Evan
Apr 29 2013, 09:49 PM
Bit by bit, Tomlin/Whitesell are erasing any remaining traces of the MARDAR era.
John and Marlena will be out next - rumor I've seen elsewhere.
Rumor I've seen elsewhere

I hope it's just that a rumor, however if it's true, TPTB would be making a terrible mistake. They should reunite John & Marlena, give them
a storyline of their own instead of getting rid of them soon.
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 29 2013, 09:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rideordiechick

DOOL are you scared that if you give Lucas a storyline with or without a romantic pairing outside of sami it will outshine your lock, stock and barrel couple! LOL it want take much! This show makes me sick! I simply adore Lucas and BD, I just hate how they have done him and his character!

Evan
Member Avatar

BD in my opinion is a far bigger soap hunk than GG or SC any day - it's totally dumb relegating this guy to recurring status, when he's got a huge fanbase, and he's a good actor.
A decent writing team would come up with a good, meaty SL for Lucas, independent of Sami.
Tomlin is as clueless as ever, so is Corday!

Fairygodmother

Marlena may as well already be recurring. She hasn't been on in two weeks, and I don't think she is on this week.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

TreasureCove
Apr 29 2013, 11:28 AM
It would be wonderful to see Lucas, Autumn and Allie with a baby making a home together.

I would love to see more of Carolyn and Campbell Rose, they are such sweet little actresses.

Posted Image
ITA. They should've brought Autumn on for him. Plunging him back into the deep dark Sami hole for that little fling last year was a mistake. i would've LOVED to have seen him tell her he was there for her as a friend only & to help with their son, but his heart was with Autumn now. :shame:

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena Sami to recurring.
Fixed :whistle:

elci525
Member Avatar

Well, this is very sad indeed. Not surprising, as I was pretty much counting the days, but sad. I think back to a few months ago when I feared Lucas would have little real involvement in the Will storyline where he should have great involvement, and the semi-criticism (or maybe just disagreement) I got for proposing this, or the fear that whatever "frenemy" storyline the writers were starting to take Lumi down, wouldn't last and so that is why I refused to acknowledge Lucas and Sami had any kind of a "relationship" outside of a few scenes....seems my fears have been validated.

I think with Lucas celebrating his 20th anniversary on the show, and me celebrating my 20th year as a Days viewer, it's time for me to walk away from the show. There really is very little left to interest me. The Will/baby storyline for which I had so much hope and excitement, esp. post wedding-reveal, is for shit now. I don't have any interest to see Sami, EJ and Stefano scheme on Will's behalf or whatever. I could not care less about Daniel and anything he is involved with. Rafe is fine, but not enough to keep me watching. Bristen is very boring to me, etc. etc. The love I had for this show is just gone - it's all just gone. Lucas is such an interesting character, and I don't understand how writers can't write for personality that gives them so much fodder - he is gray, he is a Horton, he has ties to families and characters on this show, he has his own controversial past, he has a personality and a backstory. This should be a fountain from which writers could draw fantastic storylines. I love Lucas with Sami best and always will, but I think he has a clear place on this show outside of THAT one. I hate that one now, btw. But I guess he was just too tied to Sami for too long, and so these uninventive writers can't find something else for him to do. They have no business writing a show, then.

This makes me very sad. I'd take Lucas over nearly every other character on this show. I am angry for BD for the way he's been yanked around on this show. Some of the best acting moments on this show are his. Remember the scene in like 2000 when Sami took Will away without letting Lucas say goodbye? Or even just a few months ago, Lucas's conversation with Will post-wedding? Ugh, I'd be fuming if I weren't so melancholy. I'll keep my eye out for him, and maybe something will change. But, yeah, this is bumcity news.
Edited by elci525, May 1 2013, 07:30 AM.

Ernesto
Member Avatar

Ally
Apr 30 2013, 07:06 PM
Matt
Apr 28 2013, 09:18 PM
I say keep Lucas and drop John & Marlena Sami to recurring.
Fixed... for good! :rockon:

tylerbo20

Days is done sad but true

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply