Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
From the Vault: Peggy McCay's debut episode from 2/7/83; Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 4/29-5/5
Topic Started: Apr 29 2013, 04:39 PM (1,051 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: A LOOK BACK AT DAYTIME EMMY NOMINEE PEGGY McCAY's "DAYS" DEBUT:

Take a look back at Peggy McCay's first episode as Caroline Brady (which happened to be Roman & Marlena's wedding!) from February 7, 1983 and see what Caroline's first-ever line of dialogue was (and who she said it to)...

Congratulations, Peggy, on your 3rd "Days" Emmy nomination!!

http://www.jason47.com/days/carolinedebut.html

POST # 1: ARIANNE ZUCKER'S DEBUT AS NICOLE WALKER...2/27/98
As requested, here is Arianne Zucker's debut as Nicole Walker from February 27, 1998. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9bZmZ-rDho
Edited by Jason47, May 1 2013, 11:09 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason!

Classic ericole and the Java Cafe :wub:

angie37
Member Avatar

I can't believe how far she's come or the fact that she's now my favorite female character on the show. :rockon:

camera shy

It's hard to believe, a goodlooking man and Nicole was just interested in doing her job.

Joshua
Member Avatar

Arianne has come so far as an actress! Why another show didn't snap her up when Days let her go, I'll never know.
Edited by Joshua, Apr 29 2013, 10:50 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!!! If you would've told me back then that Nicole would become my favorite character & AZ my favorite soap actress, I never would've believed you! :blulaugh:

am103
Member Avatar

15 years later and Nicole is one of the most complex, fascinating, entertaining characters on the show. I hope Ari Zucker stays with this show until its end!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

My she has improved but I have always loved her, even then. I hope she goes on to better things from this show. She more than deserves it.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Ari is phenomenal! If it weren`t for Nicole, I would have bid this show adios long ago. Ari has managed to turn Nicole into a character with many layers which shows how talented she is. Nicole has easily become my DAYS fave and Ari is my favorite soap actress.

Vicky4Mimi

Thanks Jason.

Ari has come so far and does so good. I feel like she is under used at Days, but Days has a habit of wasting talent sometimes.

camera shy

I hope Ari one day ends up on a show that treats her like the leading lady she is.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! I was on a Days break at this time so missed Ari's early years. She's one of my favorites now. She reminds me of a young Susan Seaforth Hayes in that her character can do hateful things but she makes you understand the character's motivations and you feel for her. I wish Ari had someone like Bill Bell to write for her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Hopefully she'll be taking that little gold statue home soon. She deserves to be recognized for her talent.

Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: A LOOK BACK AT DAYTIME EMMY NOMINEE PEGGY McCAY's "DAYS" DEBUT:

Take a look back at Peggy McCay's first episode as Caroline Brady (which happened to be Roman & Marlena's wedding!) from February 7, 1983 and see what Caroline's first-ever line of dialogue was (and who she said it to)...

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 1 2013, 11:09 PM

Gosh do I miss the old and ONLY real Roman to me - Wayne!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply