Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 30 2013, 09:06 AM (10,388 Views)
james0479
Member Avatar

Had to make a rare comment or 12 on today's show because, IMO, it wasnt too shabby and I actually sat thru the whole thing never losing interest.

THIS is the Sonny I always wanted and I'm thankful for his scenes today! I was on board with those hating the fact that it was his and never ending Sami sneaking into Nick's room....but it worked for me. It solidified a bond between Sonny and his boyfriends mom...a sneaky bond...and I loved it. The chat between Sami and Adrienne was all kinds of cool as well and it was fun seeing Adrienne help out. I want more of her STAT!
When Sonny said "It's not your baby, you son of a bitch!", I literally cheered! Go Sonny!!!!!

Ciara is the shit!!! Yup, I said it! Who knew Lauren Boles would OWN scenes?! That glance she gave before her flashback combined with the correct way to snap out of a flashback was priceless! Lauren Boles for the total WIN!!

SO glad to hear Marlena say she is tired of her treatment from John. When he said "go to Roman", I gasped. So did she....in that quiet Deidre Hall way. "Then maybe I will"..... I cringed but that's exactly what I would've said. It's the polite way of saying "FUCK YOU !"

I loved Victor seeing more than meets the eye in John's behavior and calling him out on it. Sadly, this is where we get to a shaky area. While the back and forth between John and Kristen's plans were filmed perfectly and are soapy greatness ....this show missed some beats along the way that could've made it flawless. There's no doubt this and the upcoming scenes are what Drake famously tweeted about months ago. However....I do get Kristen's end of it. Being caught sleeping with John would destroy him, his family ties, etc. That's "win" for her. But John actually doing it seems stupid. It's like the same plan. There has to be a clash of plans which occurs to make John make any sense. If that makes sense lol.
I did NOT like John's dialogue near the end when he said something like "I may have already lost Marlena.....but I will not lose my son!" Family is family. Marlena is not tomorrow's turkey sandwich. She's your lover, your best friend, your companion, life partner, soul provider and the constant treasure. So....that was iffy to me.
.....but I'm along for this ridiculous ride. I had a few issues with today's show but it flew by and I'll be watching tomorrow. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I tried to watch again. Didn't so much work out. I'm not the slightest bit interested in any of these stories, character combinations, or interactions. It's all so terrible that I can't even make fun of it because it can't keep my attention long enough.

blueskies
Member Avatar

am103
Apr 30 2013, 09:58 PM
I totally missed today's episode. What did John and Kristen reveal as their "master plans"?
well, John's "master plan" is to seduce Kristen and have Brady walk in on them before they can get married. And he has to sleep with her b/c he says Kristen can talk her way out of a kiss. And killing her apparently isn't good enough.

Kristen's "master plan" is to sleep with John before her wedding day and have Brady walk in on them. She thinks it will completely destroy him. She knows she'll lose Brady, but she says she hates John Black twice as much as she loves Brady.

So basically they're both going to end up screwed in multiple ways.
Edited by blueskies, Apr 30 2013, 10:05 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

james0479
Apr 30 2013, 10:02 PM
Had to make a rare comment or 12 on today's show because, IMO, it wasnt too shabby and I actually sat thru the whole thing never losing interest.

THIS is the Sonny I always wanted and I'm thankful for his scenes today! I was on board with those hating the fact that it was his and never ending Sami sneaking into Nick's room....but it worked for me. It solidified a bond between Sonny and his boyfriends mom...a sneaky bond...and I loved it. The chat between Sami and Adrienne was all kinds of cool as well and it was fun seeing Adrienne help out. I want more of her STAT!
When Sonny said "It's not your baby, you son of a bitch!", I literally cheered! Go Sonny!!!!!

Ciara is the shit!!! Yup, I said it! Who knew Lauren Boles would OWN scenes?! That glance she gave before her flashback combined with the correct way to snap out of a flashback was priceless! Lauren Boles for the total WIN!!

SO glad to hear Marlena say she is tired of her treatment from John. When he said "go to Roman", I gasped. So did she....in that quiet Deidre Hall way. "Then maybe I will"..... I cringed but that's exactly what I would've said. It's the polite way of saying "FUCK YOU !"

I loved Victor seeing more than meets the eye in John's behavior and calling him out on it. Sadly, this is where we get to a shaky area. While the back and forth between John and Kristen's plans were filmed perfectly and are soapy greatness ....this show missed some beats along the way that could've made it flawless. There's no doubt this and the upcoming scenes are what Drake famously tweeted about months ago. However....I do get Kristen's end of it. Being caught sleeping with John would destroy him, his family ties, etc. That's "win" for her. But John actually doing it seems stupid. It's like the same plan. There has to be a clash of plans which occurs to make John make any sense. If that makes sense lol.
I did NOT like John's dialogue near the end when he said something like "I may have already lost Marlena.....but I will not lose my son!" Family is family. Marlena is not tomorrow's turkey sandwich. She's your lover, your best friend, your companion, life partner, soul provider and the constant treasure. So....that was iffy to me.
.....but I'm along for this ridiculous ride. I had a few issues with today's show but it flew by and I'll be watching tomorrow. :)
Posted Image

Sweet and Salty

Like brilliant Nick wouldn't lock a briefcase full of that much money?!!

james0479
Member Avatar

Classic
Apr 30 2013, 10:08 PM
james0479

Posted Image
:). Thank u!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

james0479
in:
Posted Image

out:
Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

am103
Apr 30 2013, 09:58 PM
I totally missed today's episode. What did John and Kristen reveal as their "master plans"?
they both want to sleep with each other & have Brady walk in on them.

Sweet and Salty

LOL@ calm cool collected Sonney: "What took you so long?" WIN!!

james0479
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Apr 30 2013, 10:10 PM
james0479
in:
Posted Image

out:
Posted Image
Ultimate WIN!!!!!!

Sweet and Salty

six
Apr 30 2013, 12:21 PM
I wish Marlena would throw hot coffee in John's face.
Hey! I congratulate the writers for giving her the normal backbone she would, again, normally be written as having! It's a step up! But I agree with you. Now that would be fun!!

james0479
Member Avatar

Ciara held her own today..... I didn't know Lauren could do it but she did. That scene where she went batshit crazy looking for the right picture was priceless!!! Please don't SORAS this kid anytime soon!!!!
Edited by james0479, Apr 30 2013, 10:17 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 30 2013, 10:03 PM
I tried to watch again. Didn't so much work out. I'm not the slightest bit interested in any of these stories, character combinations, or interactions. It's all so terrible that I can't even make fun of it because it can't keep my attention long enough.
we could go back to arguing more over who should be with Sami.

She's not on enough lately ;)

Sweet and Salty

OMG!!! Ciarra is one.....great actor!!!!

blueskies
Member Avatar

james0479
Apr 30 2013, 10:17 PM
Ciara held her own today..... I didn't know Lauren could do it but she did. That scene where she went batshit crazy looking for the right picture was priceless!!! Please don't SORAS this kid anytime soon!!!!
with all these cute kids in town who can act adding life to the show, i'm hoping they don't soras anyone. i mean, they don't really need to, they have a viable young adult scene. Admittedly i would like to see Allie and Sydney soras'd, but that's not possible atm.
Edited by blueskies, Apr 30 2013, 10:23 PM.

peaches179

lysie
Apr 30 2013, 10:03 PM

I agree. On the few times they would show Marlena I would try to watch. Now, I could care less.

AFaithL

james0479
Apr 30 2013, 10:17 PM
She reminds me of a young Elizabeth Taylor is terms of talent....but the character of Ciara is creepy as hell! She scares me! I'm always afraid she's going to pull a knife out of her backpack. She gives me "Chucky" vibes. I would be scared of falling asleep with her in my house.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

james0479
Apr 30 2013, 10:12 PM
Supergirlx2
Apr 30 2013, 10:10 PM
james0479
in:
Posted Image

out:
Posted Image
Ultimate WIN!!!!!!
truly ultimate win is the GIF i just posted in the memes/gifs/tumblrs thread. lol.

Sweet and Salty

I lost LOVE Nick!! He's such a snarky goof/jerk! If Gabi only knew!! "You really make me wanna patch things up with you"

marie1969

What an awesome show! I enjoyed the whole show today no fast forwarding required. First off, I love me some Samson. They made a great team and I enjoyed their bonding moment as well. I was so proud of Sonny today. He has been initiated in the criminal lifestyle. Welcome to the dark side Sonny, embrace your Kiriakis heritage LOL.

Speaking of criminals, ejami have no shame LOL. They have two peas in a pod. On one hand, Sami is stealing cash just for the hell of it and on the other hand Ej is doing corporate espionage. I freaking love it. These two are just all kind of awesome. One more proof that two of them are perfect for each.

Do I think Sami stealing the money will blow up in Sami's face, of course. But whatever happens, Ej will have her back with no judgement or lecture required. That is refreshing.

My favorite part was team Willson/ejami aka the fab 4 celebrating finally being able to get rid of the evidence. It was a thing of beauty. I just loved how emotional Sami got :wub2: . you could see how she loves her son. I also loved how happy all of them were specially Ej because all the planning and hard work finally paid off. :cheers: They worked as a team and as a family and they pulled it off. I know the victory will be short lived but this was a precious moment for team Will.

As for the John/Kristen plan, I agree with everyone that the plan is beyond stupid. Folks say that Brady is dumb, but what would you expect with a father like john? He thinks he is so smart coming up with this stupid plan when it is not even his idea, it is Kristen's.

Lastly, I loved Victor line about killing Kristen instead of sleeping with her LOL. Good one Victor, because murder is so much better fornication. :lol: Whatever Mr. Superspy...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply