Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, April 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Apr 30 2013, 09:06 AM (10,577 Views)
soapgal
Member Avatar

marie1969
Apr 30 2013, 10:40 PM
What an awesome show! I enjoyed the whole show today no fast forwarding required. First off, I love me some Samson. They made a great team and I enjoyed their bonding moment as well. I was so proud of Sonny today. He has been initiated in the criminal lifestyle. Welcome to the dark side Sonny, embrace your Kiriakis heritage LOL.

Speaking of criminals, ejami have no shame LOL. They have two peas in a pod. On one hand, Sami is stealing cash just for the hell of it and on the other hand Ej is doing corporate espionage. I freaking love it. These two are just all kind of awesome. One more proof that two of them are perfect for each.

Do I think Sami stealing the money will blow up in Sami's face, of course. But whatever happens, Ej will have her back with no judgement or lecture required. That is refreshing.

My favorite part was team Willson/ejami aka the fab 4 celebrating finally being able to get rid of the evidence. It was a thing of beauty. I just loved how emotional Sami got :wub2: . you could see how she loves her son. I also loved how happy all of them were specially Ej because all the planning and hard work finally paid off. :cheers: They worked as a team and as a family and they pulled it off. I know the victory will be short lived but this was a precious moment for team Will.

As for the John/Kristen plan, I agree with everyone that the plan is beyond stupid. Folks say that Brady is dumb, but what would you expect with a father like john? He thinks he is so smart coming up with this stupid plan when it is not even his idea, it is Kristen's.

Lastly, I loved Victor line about killing Kristen instead of sleeping with her LOL. Good one Victor, because murder is so much better fornication. :lol: Whatever Mr. Superspy...

Love everything you said! The best part about Sami stealing Nick's money is when it does blow up Ejami fans will be on cloud nine as EJ doesn't judge or lecture Sami! Today's show is why I love EJ and Sami both together and on their own. TPTB are staying true to who the characters really are!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Apr 30 2013, 12:38 PM
What the hell is the ridiculously giddy EJ over Will/Sami? That was even too giddy to be Everett.
No kidding!!!!!!

nightfan

Matt
Apr 30 2013, 12:44 PM
Seriously. Ciara Brady has quickly become my FAVORITE part of the whole damn show!
The character really has come far. I remember when they announced her addition, it really seemed like this was a jump the shark moment. A consolation prize for losing Zach but also like when the Brady Bunch adopted that kid late in the show. Just another reason to have young blood in the family and give the vets screen time. But Ciara has really proven her worth lately! Kudos, writers!

Sweet and Salty

The scheme finally unveiling!! Finally we're getting some understanding where John and Kristen are going with this!!

AFaithL

Sweet and Salty
Apr 30 2013, 10:59 PM
Finally we're getting some understanding where John and Kristen are going with this!!
In the shithole? :shrug:

Graceland
Member Avatar

I called Kristen and John's plans months ago. That doesn't mean I don't like them, but I'm sort of shocked by the number of people on the web that apparently didn't see this coming. lol

Here, I call another one: in the end, Kristen and Brady will remain a couple when all is said and done.

nightfan

cockymom
Apr 30 2013, 01:04 PM
John's plan is just as stupid as everyone thought. How does ruining his relationship with Brady and Marlena equal a win? I don't even care about Jarlena being together, but even I recognize the idiocy of it all. At least we're getting on with it now so that's something. I'm still thinking John will end up the ass in all of this and Bristen will patch things up at some point.
I was surprised to see that I guessed this correctly a month or two ago. On that one hand, it's exciting. But on the other, I do worry about the John and Marlena relationship.

Now, when Kristen said that the seduction scheme would help her achieve everything she came back to Salem to do, that just sounded like (at the end of the day) all she wanted was to ride John again.

nightfan

Kenny
Apr 30 2013, 01:16 PM
LuvingLumi
Apr 30 2013, 01:08 PM
So wait....I haven't watched today, but is John's master plan to sleep with Kristen so that Brady finds out? Seriously.....you've got to be kidding me, right? So he'll end up losing his son and his wife..>BRILLIANT!
I think we're supposed to believe John is so selfless that he's willing to sacrifice everything he cares about to keep his family safe from Kristen -- even if it means they all hate him in the end.

The whole thing is stupid. I still don't understand how ruining Brady is a better plan than ruining John and Marlena directly. Why the need for a middle man when the ones you want to hurt are right there in front of you? Why make things more convoluted than they have to be?
I kind of understand it. If Kristen didn't hurt Brady, the hatred within the family would be limited to between John and Marlena (or whatever). But by separating a son from his father - forever - that's hardcore revenge. Plus, she knows he would do whatever he could to save his son or protect him from hurt. Parents typically care about their kids far more than they do themselves. John's going into the equivalent of mama bear mode.

nightfan

BalscoFan5
Apr 30 2013, 01:25 PM
I am done,John's plan is just going to far,makes no sense,I hope he finds that picture Ciara has,but for now I am out.Now I know why Drake has been so frustrated.
The tragedy of it all, and I think that's the point, is that the wandering photo file of Kristen paying off the henchman is all John really needs to bring her down.
That means we DEFINITELY won't see the photo file be revealed. :(

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Apr 30 2013, 12:55 PM
Victor to John: "Couldn't you do something less drastic than sleeping with her? Couldn't you just kill her?!" lolol
Line of the day!!! :teehee:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

So where in the fuck was Lucas during the celebration? There is no way in hell Maggie is still pointing at flowers for Allie. This show is such a disappointment
Edited by TreasureCove, Apr 30 2013, 11:39 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Apr 30 2013, 05:42 PM
BeeBee
Apr 30 2013, 04:54 PM
cantstopme
Apr 30 2013, 03:26 PM
BeeBee
Apr 30 2013, 02:44 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Huh??

Yeah, Sami's overly dramatic, no doubt. But Nick's dastardly actions stem from his homophobia, not because of his distaste for Sami's actions. He admitted that on screen to Will's face.

So
The point I was making is that Sami's behavior gave Nick a seemingly valid pretext for wanting to limit access to the baby.Were it not for Sami's behavior Nick would have no grounds for his arguments to Gabi that Will might try to take the baby from her.
Even if Sami didn't do anything, Nick would have found another excuse to keep Will from his child.
Gabi is Will's friend.Even now she is saying she wants him and Sonny to be a part of the baby's life.Gabi liked Sami.Even after Sami acted like the bitch she truly is,Gabi wanted Rafe to be with Sami,if she made him happy.The only reason Gabi believed anything Niick said about Will possibly taking the baby from her is the behavior of Sami once Sami found out Will was the father in getting in her face,talking about what she was not going to allow,and actually talking Will into asking Gabi for a paternity test.
Gabi is likely aware if her role in the explosion comes out,it could be used against her in court and she does not know that Will shot EJ.Nick's actions seemed reasonable to Gabi only because of the behavior of Sami and may be a reason she might agree to put Nick's name on the baby's birth certificate.
I know we don't agree as to who started it,I just wanted to explain my reasons for my opinion although I accept that many do not ageee with my sentiment or reasoning.
I don't want to hijack the thread.Peace.

Sweet and Salty

james0479
Apr 30 2013, 10:02 PM
Had to make a rare comment or 12 on today's show because, IMO, it wasnt too shabby and I actually sat thru the whole thing never losing interest.

THIS is the Sonny I always wanted and I'm thankful for his scenes today! I was on board with those hating the fact that it was his and never ending Sami sneaking into Nick's room....but it worked for me. It solidified a bond between Sonny and his boyfriends mom...a sneaky bond...and I loved it. The chat between Sami and Adrienne was all kinds of cool as well and it was fun seeing Adrienne help out. I want more of her STAT!
When Sonny said "It's not your baby, you son of a bitch!", I literally cheered! Go Sonny!!!!!

Ciara is the shit!!! Yup, I said it! Who knew Lauren Boles would OWN scenes?! That glance she gave before her flashback combined with the correct way to snap out of a flashback was priceless! Lauren Boles for the total WIN!!

SO glad to hear Marlena say she is tired of her treatment from John. When he said "go to Roman", I gasped. So did she....in that quiet Deidre Hall way. "Then maybe I will"..... I cringed but that's exactly what I would've said. It's the polite way of saying "FUCK YOU !"

I loved Victor seeing more than meets the eye in John's behavior and calling him out on it. Sadly, this is where we get to a shaky area. While the back and forth between John and Kristen's plans were filmed perfectly and are soapy greatness ....this show missed some beats along the way that could've made it flawless. There's no doubt this and the upcoming scenes are what Drake famously tweeted about months ago. However....I do get Kristen's end of it. Being caught sleeping with John would destroy him, his family ties, etc. That's "win" for her. But John actually doing it seems stupid. It's like the same plan. There has to be a clash of plans which occurs to make John make any sense. If that makes sense lol.
I did NOT like John's dialogue near the end when he said something like "I may have already lost Marlena.....but I will not lose my son!" Family is family. Marlena is not tomorrow's turkey sandwich. She's your lover, your best friend, your companion, life partner, soul provider and the constant treasure. So....that was iffy to me.
.....but I'm along for this ridiculous ride. I had a few issues with today's show but it flew by and I'll be watching tomorrow. :)
Well said!! :thumbsup:

mjkiss

i haven't been watching too much, i 'm a pissed jarlena fan and i 'm tired of brady being dumb as hell. i think vic and marlena working together to bring down kritter, would have better and so much fun to watch. vic's a bad boy marlena 's a head doc...would have an awesome combo but writers these days are not too creative.
anyway i saw j' plan awhile back, thought it was stupid now i'm thinking or at least hoping that kritter will think it's johnny(a look alike)dare i say. she did it to him with susan do unto others what they have done unto you. that would be a fun and interesting twist.

AFaithL

Graceland
Apr 30 2013, 11:13 PM

Here, I call another one: in the end, Kristen and Brady will remain a couple when all is said and done.
Now THAT? Would be the ultimate revenge against John. For Bristen to be truly in love and happily together as a long-term couple.

concerned
Member Avatar

Classic
Apr 30 2013, 07:44 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Apr 30 2013, 07:37 PM
John is so disgusting....Victor's face says it all...what a stupid ass plan he has.
Previously I said Victor should be an ally with John to get Kristen, however, I change my opinion, bc even if Victor is in the plan,
it's a hot mess that's not gonna end well for anyone involved.
I'm sure Maggie would understand that Victor was just sleeping with Kristen to save Brady and after coming across his grandfather sleeping with his fiance Brady's first thought would be isn't it wonderful the lengths Granddad will go to to keep me safe.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I loved all the one-liners in this episode. It was nice to have a show that was funny and entertaining. I'm not sure who's more in love with Sonny - Will, Sami, or EJ lol. Anytime Sami and Sonny want to team up to steal stuff is A-OK with me. All of this plotting to bring Nick down is making me even more excited to see WilSon being daddies to Will's baby girl. That is going to drive me to a cuteness-induced early death.

Ciara is killing me with her creepy sass. I love the idea of Bope having a problem child and I think Ciara could pull it off. John and Kristen's plans are horrible. Sorry Kristen, John is SO not worth it. You should just keep on driving Jarlena nuts by living a happy life with your stripper boyfriend, that's the best revenge.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I always love Hope & Marlena scenes :wub2:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 30 2013, 01:00 PM
the last 6 episodes have been written by either a Culliton or Melissa Salmons.
They should be the headwriters!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 30 2013, 01:08 PM
So wait....I haven't watched today, but is John's master plan to sleep with Kristen so that Brady finds out? Seriously.....you've got to be kidding me, right? So he'll end up losing his son and his wife..>BRILLIANT!
You sure can tell John and Brady are father and son. The 2 dumbest men ever in Salem and maybe soaps ever. I've changed my mind in the last 2 weeks. I am rooting for Kristen to destroy John and Brady. The 2 idiots deserve it. If I were writing the show I'd even have Marlena thank her for it! I want Marlena & Roman back together. I'd rather Wayne Northrop come back. Maybe DAYS can get him back!? If not I'll take Josh Taylor's Roman who's best with Deidre Hall's Marlena!n I now wouldn't give a damn if DAYS axed both Drake Hogestyn and Eric Martsolf. Maybe kill the idiots off!
Edited by Kevin_Buchanan, May 1 2013, 01:36 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply