Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 06:52 AM (5,967 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

haha. Kate gives Sami the gun as an engagement present. "I hope you like the color." lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

today's show was directed by Herb Stein from a script written by Janet Iacobuzio.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

not much chatter on today's ep

lachelle73

No Will and Sonny today :(

Aimikins
Member Avatar

lachelle73
May 1 2013, 01:00 PM
No Will and Sonny today :(
Considering they have been on the last few episodes, I'd expect as much. :P

camera shy

A while back when we read the spoilers about someone buying a gun, did anyone one of us guess that it was Kate? And I don't know why she's wasting good money on Sami.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Umm... EJ popped that booty today. That's all I can say at the moment. I think I'm good for the rest of the day. :laugh:

Oh, and the gif WILL BE my new avi soon. I'm warning you all ahead of time.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, May 1 2013, 01:25 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JamaicanBeauty7
May 1 2013, 01:25 PM
Umm... EJ popped that booty today. That's all I can say at the moment. I think I'm good for the rest of the day. :laugh:

Oh, and the gif WILL BE my new avi soon. I'm warning you all ahead of time.
Good! Because I haven't seen the epi yet and I'm dying to see that! :glasses:

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Ewwhh you know something is wrong with you when you prefer the Fetch scene over the lovely dovely scene with Ejami. *shudders* (And I hate both couples)
Edited by guessgirl, May 1 2013, 01:30 PM.

Sweet and Salty

I'm loving THIS pairing between Nicole and Vargas much better!!

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

Ej was SO doing Party Boy from Jackass with the tss tss tss!!! LOVED IT!

AFaithL

Abby and Cameron suck together.

Put her back with Chad. They are interesting and dynamic.

Sweet and Salty

Matt
May 1 2013, 12:37 PM
Eric & Nicole are master eye-fuckers. And Zucker & Vaughan has the art of subtext down to a science.
What exactly is "subtext"? Can you give me an example?
Edited by Sweet and Salty, May 1 2013, 01:49 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

rfsexton
that's because Ciara's not on. lol. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Subtext is playing what's not specifically written in the dialog. Playing the right subtext often gives dialog completely different flavors. Take for example two characters discussing going shopping and making a grocery list. The dialog itself is nondescript and to just read it implies nothing more than two characters making a shopping list. Take the same dialog and have the actors perform it as if they're a married couple who live together, but are on the verge of getting divorced. It gives the scene a very nuanced shading. Then again, take the exact same dialog, but have the actors perform it as roommates who are secretly attracted to one another, but can't admit it yet. Same dialog. ENTIRELY different scene. Subtext. The problem with certain actors is that they just do NOT have the ability to play any subtext (or the right subtext). A scene about making a grocery list becomes just that -- a scene about making a grocery list. And it's pretty damn boring. Likewise, a good script writer is able to convey the necessary subtext in their scripts via stage directions.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Sweet and Salty
May 1 2013, 01:48 PM
Matt
May 1 2013, 12:37 PM
Eric & Nicole are master eye-fuckers. And Zucker & Vaughan has the art of subtext down to a science.
What exactly is "subtext"? Can you give me an example?
old school example: Hope talking to Melissa about Larry & Bo. The dialogue itself has Hope saying that she wants to be with Larry and that she doesn't love Bo any more, but the delivery itself is saying just the opposite - Hope's trying to convince herself that Larry's the one for her and that she doesn't love Bo, when in actuality, Bo's the only one in her heart.

in the Eric/Nicole current scene, the subtext is their sexual attraction to one another.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

Matt
May 1 2013, 12:39 PM
Jennifer's look drifts from young & vibrant to ragamuffin to middle aged society matron. It's like she has Multiple Fashion Personality Disorder.
You know Matt...I SO wonder what you'd say if you saw this country bumpkin!! I can go from irrigating boots straight to the grocery store, to sundress and sun bonnet, to boots and spurs in a weeks time! LOL. The other day I thought of you when styling my hair!! You give me a complex!! :smooch:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Supergirlx2
May 1 2013, 01:51 PM
rfsexton
that's because Ciara's not on. lol. ;)
and replaced with Dannifer. :glare:

AFaithL

Deidre Hall is great at subtext.

Greg Vaughan and Ari Zucker have been selling the subtext during their scenes recently.

Sweet and Salty

You are SO right about Abigail...I think it was Matt...whoever said she looks fantastic! Beautiful dress!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply