Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 08:26 AM (7,573 Views)
Evan
Member Avatar

I will be amazed if Susan Flannery doesn't win Best Actress.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Not Amused

What scene did Ari submit? I'm really rooting for her to win.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 1 2013, 08:26 AM
40th Annual Daytime Emmy Nominations

Posted Image

Outstanding Drama Series

Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Lead Actress

Susan Flannery, The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Lead Actor

Doug Davidson, The Young and The Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actress

Katherine Kelly Lang, The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Younger Actor

Chandler Massey, Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Writing Team

The Young and The Restless

Outstanding Directing Team

The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Hairstyling

Outstanding Makeup

Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Achievement in Costume Design

The Bold and The Beautiful

Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction

Days of Our Lives

Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction

My choices! Not too thrilled with the nominations over-all, though.

Evan
Member Avatar

I predict a virtual sweep for BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL: Best Drama, Best Writing, Best Actress(Susan Flannery), Best Supporting Actress(KKL), Best Younger Actress(JMW)

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Evan
Jun 13 2013, 07:25 PM
I will be amazed if Susan Flannery doesn't win Best Actress.
Looking at the reels, I don't think Flannery has it 100% in the bag

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Okay, time for final Emmy predictions. As its gotten closer and seen predictions from some "industry experts" my opinions have been swayed a little.

Younger Actor
Chandler Massey, DAYS
I think this SHOULD be a massacre. The only way he doesn't win if it Y&Rs voting block strikes again.
Who I Want to Win : Chandler Massey.

Younger Actress
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, B&B
JMW was a LEAD on B&B and is in this category. That should help anyway, but her reel is probably the strongest. Wouldn't be totally shocked if Kristen Alderson pulled the upset because she finally scored a nomination. The other two shouldn't stand a chance.
Who I Want : JMW.

Supporting Actor
Bradford Anderson, GH
I personally LOVE BA's reel so I could be skewed. It was one of my favorite Spinelli scenes of all-time when it aired anyway. I've seen a lot of praise for Jeff Branson's reel, but I'm not a fan. I think its between Bradford and Billy Miller. Billy Miller is always an Emmy favorite, plus the Y&R connection.
Who I want : Bradford

Supporting Actress
Katherine Kelly Lang, B&B
This is the hardest for me because I absolutely LOVE Ari Zucker and Melissa Claire Egan. I just think KKL has this one in the bag. There's some really great reels in this one. Jessica Collins is the only one that wasn't really enjoyable.
Who I want : Arianne Zucker, but won't be mad if KKL wins.

Lead Actor
Jason Thompson, GH
Could someone actually luck out because of the Y&R voting block? They'll be split! I think its between Doug Davidson and Jason Thompson. All of the experts are predicting Doug Davidson, but Jason Thompson's reel is flawless. Really impressive category this year.
Who I Want : Jason Thompson

Lead Actress
Heather Tom, B&B
This has nothing to do with me thinking its the best reel or really anything. Its just that she's looking for a 3-peat and the Emmy voters always gets stuck on their darlings. Her reel is really good. I think Michelle Stafford has the worst reel, but still a good chance of winning just because. Susan Flannery is the Queen of Soaps and I want her to take it. And DUH I'm cheering for Peggy McCay.
Who I want : Susan Flannery or Peggy McCay

Drama Series
Bold and the Beautiful
I can't remember Drama Series ever being this tough. B&B, GH, and OLTL are all money. I think GH went with the wrong episode. Its kinda goofy but way different than your average submission. OLTL's has the heart, of course with Viki's speech. B&B is a really emotional episode with the biggest icon in the show's history leaving.
Who I Want : OLTL or DAYS

In my predictions Y&R get shutout and that will NOT happen. So that opens things up for one of the youngers to steal it or Doug Davidson and Stafford. Or Billy Miller.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jun 14 2013, 11:08 PM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I'm really rooting for DAYS and I want them to win so bad. But judging by Y&R/B&B domination at the Creative Crafts awards, I think the same will happen 2morrow nite. That's a shame bcuz Y&R was a total abomination last year. I blame JFP for this. She's known for this sort of thing.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yep. JFP can turn in 99% dogshit and that 1% will net her a boatload of Emmys. Every damn time.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

B&B and Y&R dominating the technical Emmy's is not anything new, and really, this is just technical prowess, which the CBS soaps objectively are ahead of DAYS and (and now) GH on.

GH used to be a technical powerhouse too when they did all those stunts, but not this year (and really, Valentini's technical skills pale in comparisons to JFP's, let's be honest here).

In areas like art direction, music, lighting, and wardrobe - I just don't think GH and especially DAYS were any real competitions this year. It's predictable, but one I can't hold against the CBS soaps for winning.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I hope DAYS does win some awards in this year's Emmys!

Carmi

Not sure if this has already been asked/answered, but what time/channel will the Emmys be on tomorrow night? And will their be an online stream?

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Carmi
Jun 15 2013, 07:41 PM
Not sure if this has already been asked/answered, but what time/channel will the Emmys be on tomorrow night? And will their be an online stream?
Sunday, June 16, 8-10 p.m., ET/PT
HLN Network

Carmi

T-Love74
Jun 15 2013, 08:30 PM
Carmi
HLN Network
Thanks. I don't have cable; is there another way I could watch it?

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Carmi
Jun 15 2013, 09:15 PM
T-Love74
Jun 15 2013, 08:30 PM
Carmi
HLN Network
Thanks. I don't have cable; is there another way I could watch it?
i don't know.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

YouTube later on & maybe on Daytime Emmy site might have it live.

Carmi

Dreamy
Jun 16 2013, 12:21 AM
YouTube later on & maybe on Daytime Emmy site might have it live.
Thanks. I remember watching a live stream last year.. I just can't remember if it was directly from the HLN site or what.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards air tonight at 8:00 PM/ET on HLN.

Please join us in our live viewing thread to discuss the show!

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8821831/1/

Dreamy
Member Avatar

OLTL deserved to win for Best Writing. imo
Edited by Dreamy, Jun 16 2013, 07:50 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply