Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 08:36 AM (10,792 Views)
cubsgirl
Member Avatar

WrecklessLove
May 29 2013, 04:35 PM
So... yeah. um I only started watching GH towards the end of Franco's last stint (Jasam's honeymoon) so im not as invested or as upset as you guys lol. Im kinda intrigued actually. All I know is I LOVE Roger and i'm good with anything he does ever! But i'm hoping they use this to reveal that this whole thing was a lie and he's not really Jasons twin
I feel the same as you. I didn't watch a ton of Franco but what I did see was stupid because it was so over the top. So far I am liking how RH is playing the part.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

WrecklessLove
May 29 2013, 04:35 PM
So... yeah. um I only started watching GH towards the end of Franco's last stint (Jasam's honeymoon) so im not as invested or as upset as you guys lol. Im kinda intrigued actually. All I know is I LOVE Roger and i'm good with anything he does ever! But i'm hoping they use this to reveal that this whole thing was a lie and he's not really Jasons twin
I think that reveal is coming because as of right now, Kiki and Michael can't be together because they are first cousins (unless they go Jammy style), so down the road I'm expecting some kind of retcon,

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I may be in the minority, but I'm happy with the decision to make RH Franco. He's doing well with the part so far and I'm interested to see where they'll take it!

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

General EMBARRASSMENT!

Alin89
Member Avatar

Ron is just not writing well for gh these days.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm not interested in seeing that freak Franco back regardless who is playing him. After catching a little of gh today I can say that I'm official done..... I doubt gh will get new writers and I'm not watching anymore of this BS Ron is selling.
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, May 29 2013, 11:26 PM.

nightfan

I am enjoying RKK as over-the-top Stavros! These wedding scenes with LuLu are chilling!!!! Compounded moreso by me watching on my laptop, with the screen just 2 feet away from me!!!

nightfan

psychofan
May 29 2013, 09:58 PM
I may be in the minority, but I'm happy with the decision to make RH Franco. He's doing well with the part so far and I'm interested to see where they'll take it!
I agree, psychofan. Not seeing poor writing, or poor acting. Just a fun, mysterious, dark umbrella story. And isn't that what makes for great soap opera? An umbrella story?
Edited by nightfan, May 29 2013, 11:51 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

natdot99
May 29 2013, 01:06 PM
Worse they call him Franco just few months ago rh was Todd now people see him and see Franco they just had bad idea and made worse they should have gone with the plastic surgery

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I CAN'T with them trying to redeem Franco. That sh!t was embarrasing. Franco is NOT a redeemable character! He murderered, terrorized, stalked & strapped people to bombs, not to mention orchestrated prison rapes! "BUT BUT BUT...THERE WAS ANOTHER TAPE GUYS!! :'( " :eyeroll: :eyeroll: WAS I SUPPOSED TO FEEL SOME SYMPATHY FOR HIM cause he didn't rape Sam after all?? WTF?? HELL NO!! RH's performance was one note garbage, he played everything off like some silly harmless joke thanks to the brilliant, soapy writing which seemed to indicate everyone in that room plus the viewers should cut him some kind of slack. I really can't deal with that.

The character Franco is only good for his short, "mysterious" stints where he terrorizes/obsesses over Jason. He did NOT need to be brought back with Jason no longer on the show. And James Franco should be the only one in the damn role! He always generated good buzz for the show & had a hand in how the character was originally crafted. He was devilishly charming in the role. Roger Howarth is too old and merely plays the character as a smirk stricken joke so far. A total downgrade. Ugh! Countdown to him becoming a hilarious, romantic lead :eyeroll:

Don't get me started on those mumbling money grubbing bitches Kiki & Ava talking about Franco & arguing over the Quartermaine money in the middle of the dangerous duck docks :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

WTH? So Lulu remembers marrying & consummating the marriage with Stavros to protect the people she loves...but she still doesn't remember any of the people she loves?! Seriously, how do you remember doing something to protect people you don't remember? :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

This show BLOWS!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

AllmyDaysatGh, I was just waiting for your post on this Franco clusterfuck and I completely agree with you. Besides the fact that Franco shouldn't ever be redeemed, it boggles the mind that TPTB would recast a role played by a well-known movie star. James Franco always gave a lot of good free press to GH (didn't he make some kind of indie movie about it?) so I just can't with the re-cast. Besides the recast being a bad idea, the writing for the reveal has been really bad. Sam's "rape" should have been handled with a lot more sensitivity, and I'm sorry but in yesterday's episode Michael should have grabbed Sonny's gun and tried to shoot "Franco." Also, Elizabeth, Maxie and Spinelli don't know about Michael's rape in prison yet they were written yesterday like they knew. And Elizabeth should have been the one to comfort Sam based on her own personal history with rape. Bad, bad writing all around.

Why oh why did they have to bring back the OLTL 3 crossover actors as new characters? I realize Easton and Alderson had 3 year contracts but I know on Days the studio can change a contract actor's status (somehow involving a 13-week cycle).

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

I thought yesterday's show was thrilling. I enjoyed the ride. I laughed so hard on Franco's reaction to Elizabeth. She is a a drop dead gorgeous woman!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I'm really feeling for all the Jasam fans out there. Steve Burton's last 6 months or so on GH were spent in angst-hell over something that never really happened. Still, I'm glad for Sam's sake it never happened but she still thought she had been which is awful.

Agent.99
Member Avatar

I would be way more on board with Roger as Franco if James had been an imposter or hired actor or franco cult follower. I held out hope until the end when it was obvious they recognized him.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

RH is playing KA father again,well thanks for something new writers.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

OMG!! "Michael, there's another recording you need to see!" :facepalm: What genius came up with this clusterfuck of a story?? This is absolutely awful and makes everything on Days the past 9 months look like Shakespeare.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I thought the recasting of Franco would be terrible, but after watching this hot azz mess, I have no words to describe how bad it is!!!!
RC and tptb were on a roll for quite awhile, but this....well damn. What a shame. :shame:
Edited by bellajewel, May 30 2013, 01:44 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Watching this hot azz mess, IMO a murder mystery is a possibility in the future. At this rate, Franco has nowhere to go but down.
Edited by bellajewel, May 30 2013, 01:56 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Agent.99
May 30 2013, 12:04 PM
I would be way more on board with Roger as Franco if James had been an imposter or hired actor or franco cult follower. I held out hope until the end when it was obvious they recognized him.

JDeveraux_91
May 30 2013, 01:36 PM
OMG!! "Michael, there's another recording you need to see!" :facepalm: What genius came up with this clusterfuck of a story?? This is absolutely awful and makes everything on Days the past 9 months look like Shakespeare.

Classic
May 30 2013, 01:44 PM
I thought the recasting of Franco would be terrible, but after watching this hot azz mess, I have no words to describe how bad it is!!!!
RC and tptb were on a roll for quite awhile, but this....well damn. What a shame. :shame:

Classic
May 30 2013, 01:51 PM
Watching this hot azz mess, IMO a murder mystery is a possibility in the future. At this rate, Franco has nowhere to go but down.

All of these and more....

I kept hoping there would be another twist concerning who RH's character is. Doesn't look like that's going to happen and him trying to explain away all of Franco's misdeeds during James Franco's "Franco" tenure is just embarrassing and stupid. I only saw bits and pieces during JF's run as Franco but what I did see didn't make it seem like Franco had some disability. RH's mannerisms make Franco come across as someone who's grown up with a mental/developmental delay.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

How sick will it be if Ron C puts Carly and Franco together. I can totally see this happening. Smdh
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, May 30 2013, 04:26 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply