Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 08:38 AM (4,087 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 9 2013, 10:54 PM
They should just have Murphy, Jill or Esther go in and find that she died in her sleep.
I keep changing my mind as to whether or not they should replace her, on one hand, she was such a great character it'd be hard , but on the other, even though Michael Lerned did an excellent job when she replaced her before, but those are some pretty big shoes to fill on a permanent basis.
I was surpised they didn't mention anything about her death at the beginning or end of the show.
Y&R films approximately 4 weeks in advance. They couldn't have mentioned it. I'm sure it will get mentioned in the future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

They can comment separately and then show the program. It's not like they are announcing a recasting of Abby or Kyle.
If they can break through with a "special CBS report" they can slide in and report Jeanne's passing.

Soapwatcher

They may have Katherine die in her sleep and whoever suggested that Jill sit alone and think back through the years about their relationship and show different scenes from the time Jess Walton has been on had a good idea, that way they can pay tribute to both "Mrs C" and Jeanne. Or have Brock come back and think about his mom because Beau Kayser was there from the time Jeanne was and he could go further back than Jess
Edited by Soapwatcher, May 10 2013, 08:15 AM.

lovetoloveya

BlissfulLily
May 10 2013, 06:52 AM
They can comment separately and then show the program. It's not like they are announcing a recasting of Abby or Kyle.
If they can break through with a "special CBS report" they can slide in and report Jeanne's passing.
News break is not the same thing and they are doing a special tribute epi airing this month. They mentioned on The Talk that Jeanne had died

LPS
Member Avatar

I think how YR is handling JC death is respectful. Because they film ahead, that creates a challenge to mentioning her death. Having an episode devoted to her is acceptable.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 10 2013, 12:12 AM
Sammie Jo
They should just have Murphy, Jill or Esther go in and find that she died in her sleep.
I keep changing my mind as to whether or not they should replace her, on one hand, she was such a great character it'd be hard , but on the other, even though Michael Lerned did an excellent job when she replaced her before, but those are some pretty big shoes to fill on a permanent basis.
I was surpised they didn't mention anything about her death at the beginning or end of the show.
Y&R films approximately 4 weeks in advance. They couldn't have mentioned it. I'm sure it will get mentioned in the future.
They could have inserted an onscreen message.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
yes, they could have run a scroller at the bottom of the screen.

lovetoloveya

Sammie Jo
May 11 2013, 10:58 PM
BlissfulLily
yes, they could have run a scroller at the bottom of the screen.
Did they even know yet when Y&R aired? They announced it later on The Talk. I'm not seeing why it's a big deal that they didn't announce it during the show.

ratfink
Member Avatar

I think Jeanne Cooper's last scene was done with great class on her part. I think we could honor her by staying classy with our comments about it and hoping the writers do too.

lovetoloveya

For all those complaining about how CBS is handling Jeanne's death. You need to be patient and let them handle it because they've been handling it just fine. For all the complaints of them not announcing her death check out the end of today's US epi.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
May 13 2013, 12:33 PM
For all those complaining about how CBS is handling Jeanne's death. You need to be patient and let them handle it because they've been handling it just fine. For all the complaints of them not announcing her death check out the end of today's US epi.
Yes I saw it today, it's about time.
They could have run a scroller or a episode dedication on the screen like they do for other people connected with the show.
It should have been done sooner imo.
We need to be patient? really? It's not like this was something sudden, anyone with any kind of vision could see that she was failing, they should have been prepared.

lovetoloveya

Sammie Jo
May 13 2013, 02:14 PM
lovetoloveya
They could have run a scroller or a episode dedication on the screen like they do for other people connected with the show.
We need to be patient? really? It's not like this was something sudden, anyone with any kind of vision could see that she was failing, they should have been prepared.
Why would they dedicate an epi she's not mentioned in to her when they are doing a special tribute epi? And those epi dedications are never done the same day people connected with the show died. They are edited in at a later date.
Edited by lovetoloveya, May 13 2013, 03:11 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
May 13 2013, 03:06 PM
Sammie Jo
May 13 2013, 02:14 PM
lovetoloveya
Why would they dedicate an epi she's not mentioned in to her when they are doing a special tribute epi? And those epi dedications are never done the same day people connected with the show died. They are edited in at a later date.
they dedicate epi's to people who aren't even acting on the show, how do you know how long it takes them to mention someone on air after they died?

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 11 2013, 10:56 PM
LPS
May 10 2013, 12:12 AM
Sammie Jo
They could have inserted an onscreen message.

Yeah, they could have just showed a black card with a, In Memory of Jeanne Cooper October 25, 1928 - May 8, 2013

But look who is in charge. Jill Farren Phelps. This woman would have had Katherine shown only once or twice over the next year anyhow. I'm 110% positive the show killing witch would have phased her out the same way she did with Anna Lee on General Hospital in 2003. Melody Thomas Scott, better watch out because she is on tap to be the next Jacklyn Zeman and slowly see her storylines fade into oblivion.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

They did finally do a short tribute to her at the end of one of the shows this week.. It was nice. They cannot just pick and choose what goes on the air after it has been sent to the broadcasting station.

There will be a hour to two hour long tribute to Jeanne on May 28th with all her co stars thru the years sitting and drinking tea and each one of her co stars will talk about how much she made them laugh, what she meant to them. they might even talk about how much they miss her. Some of her co stars will or might bring up a particular scene they liked doing with her. It sounds very nice and yes, Beau Kaiser (Brock) Jeanne's son Corbin will be there as Father Todd the role he played on YnR and he will talk about how working with his own mom meant so much to him.

They are not going to replace JC but have yet to figure out what to tell the viewing audience of why she will no longer be on the show. No, they are not going to say she is dying.

I read this on another site and it was a interview with JFP but don't remember the site.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

They're not going to say she's dying? Only one reason I can think of for them to do that, and that's to bring the character back at some later date with someone else in the role, after the loss of JC isn't so fresh.
I wonder if they will have her go off on a cruise for years like they did with Mamie?

Superwoman
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
They're not going to say she's dying? Only one reason I can think of for them to do that, and that's to bring the character back at some later date with someone else in the role, after the loss of JC isn't so fresh.
I wonder if they will have her go off on a cruise for years like they did with Mamie?
Did Mamie die too??that would explain why we haven't seen her on the show..

LPS
Member Avatar

Damn JFP....why didn't she have Sylvia Brown tell her the exact day JC was going to pass, so that they could have inserted the black card with a, "In Memory of Jeanne Cooper October 25, 1928 - May 8, 2013" ON May 8. That b*tch. :rolleyes:
Edited by LPS, May 17 2013, 01:40 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Superwoman
May 17 2013, 09:08 AM
Sammie Jo
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
Did Mamie die too??that would explain why we haven't seen her on the show..
No, Mamie didn't die, she just went on a cruise and never came back, but I think they did have her comeback one time, and then she was gone again.
She should have been able to sail the world several times by now. lol

lovetoloveya

LPS
May 17 2013, 01:40 PM
Damn JFP....why didn't she have Sylvia Brown tell her the exact day JC was going to pass, so that they could have inserted the black card with a, "In Memory of Jeanne Cooper October 25, 1928 - May 8, 2013" ON May 8. That b*tch. :rolleyes:
Exactly. No one with a connection to Y&R who died got a black card after the show on the same day they died. Usually its days afterwards.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply