Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 08:38 AM (3,936 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Generally the NEXT day. Unless it falls on Saturday. We just feel that she wasn't given the respect that she deserved.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

For who else was it done the next day?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lovetoloveya
May 17 2013, 02:11 PM
LPS
May 17 2013, 01:40 PM
Damn JFP....why didn't she have Sylvia Brown tell her the exact day JC was going to pass, so that they could have inserted the black card with a, "In Memory of Jeanne Cooper October 25, 1928 - May 8, 2013" ON May 8. That b*tch. :rolleyes:
Exactly. No one with a connection to Y&R who died got a black card after the show on the same day they died. Usually its days afterwards.
who said anything about a black card, a simple little scroller on the screen during the show would have been nice.
Not everyone in the world is connected to the internet and her death wasn't publicized on every news broadcast.
It's not like it takes any planning to do this, just some typing.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 17 2013, 08:16 PM
who else of JC's importance died on the show?

LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 17 2013, 11:10 PM
LPS
You are relying on the assumption it could have been done. You have no proof that the film could have been edited the very next day -even considering the fact the scenes are edited months in advance. What proof do you have they could have added a scroller at the bottom?

And if you read Bliss's post she implied it was done in the past. Who received it the next day?
Edited by LPS, May 18 2013, 12:21 AM.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 17 2013, 08:08 AM
They're not going to say she's dying? Only one reason I can think of for them to do that, and that's to bring the character back at some later date with someone else in the role, after the loss of JC isn't so fresh.
I wonder if they will have her go off on a cruise for years like they did with Mamie?
JFP said she would not ever replace Jeanne and I don't think the next writer if there is one will ever replace Jeannne either. They know that no one can replace her so why try? they said they have not figured out how they will say she is gone for the show and they are hashing over many ideas but they will not say she died.

I have a feeling that Esther and Murphy will be looking for a job after this is said and done. They have no reason to keep them.. If Jill stays in the mansion we know how much she dislikes Esther so she would fire her in a NY minute and Murphy is probably going to go with Katherine if they have Katherine leaving since she is married to Murphy it only makes sense he would leave when Katherine leaves. Since Jeanne and she had already appointed Cane as CEO of Chancellor before she passed away. It looks like Jill will always sit second seat to Cane as CEO and I think that stinks.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Ok... hope this ends the foolish disagreement.

:soapbox:

Helen Wagner that played the matriarch on ATWT passed away on Saturday May 1st, 2010. They announced her passing, during ATWT, on May 3rd, 2010.
May 1st, 2010 was a Saturday and May 3rd, 2010 was a Monday. I went as far as looking up the episode on Monday and it wasn't on there, but it was announced.
If you would like to do the footwork for the link, I would appreciate that.

I say no more on this subject on the grounds that I'll keep talking if I don't.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 18 2013, 12:18 AM
Sammie Jo
LPS
You are relying on the assumption it could have been done. You have no proof that the film could have been edited the very next day -even considering the fact the scenes are edited months in advance. What proof do you have they could have added a scroller at the bottom?

And if you read Bliss's post she implied it was done in the past. Who received it the next day?
and you have no proof it couldn't have been!
Stations put scrollers across the bottom of the screen all the time.
I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it, some of us think it was disrespectful and others don't.
Looks like Bliss answered your question for you.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
May 18 2013, 02:31 AM
Sammie Jo
They're not going to say she's dying? Only one reason I can think of for them to do that, and that's to bring the character back at some later date with someone else in the role, after the loss of JC isn't so fresh.
I wonder if they will have her go off on a cruise for years like they did with Mamie?
JFP said she would not ever replace Jeanne and I don't think the next writer if there is one will ever replace Jeannne either. They know that no one can replace her so why try? they said they have not figured out how they will say she is gone for the show and they are hashing over many ideas but they will not say she died.

I have a feeling that Esther and Murphy will be looking for a job after this is said and done. They have no reason to keep them.. If Jill stays in the mansion we know how much she dislikes Esther so she would fire her in a NY minute and Murphy is probably going to go with Katherine if they have Katherine leaving since she is married to Murphy it only makes sense he would leave when Katherine leaves. Since Jeanne and she had already appointed Cane as CEO of Chancellor before she passed away. It looks like Jill will always sit second seat to Cane as CEO and I think that stinks.
I don't know, if they don't say she died, then Jill can't fire Esther, if they do have her die, I think, that Esther gets Mrs C's half of the house. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot! lmao
I won't swear to that, but I think there was mention of it at one time, of course if Murphy is still around, he would get half the house as the husband.
They have several ways to go, hopefully, they don't leave any loose ends.

LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 09:36 AM
LPS
Sammie Jo
LPS

I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it, some of us think it was disrespectful and others don't.
No one has to prove that something does not exist. That's like saying we will accept fairies exist until there is evidence to say otherwise. Plus, I'm not lamenting about JFP's actions

I will believe Bliss's anedocte when I see some proper evidence.

Its a strong and damaging argument to make- that JFP was being disrespectful to JC. IMO, the underlying issue is that people are complaining because it is JFP. There is a lot to b*tch about JFP, but this ain't one.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 18 2013, 10:54 AM
Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 09:36 AM
LPS
Sammie Jo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

No one has to prove that something does not exist. That's like saying we will accept fairies exist until there is evidence to say otherwise. Plus, I'm not lamenting about JFP's actions

I will believe Bliss's anedocte when I see some proper evidence.

Its a strong and damaging argument to make- that JFP was being disrespectful to JC. IMO, the underlying issue is that people are complaining because it is JFP. There is a lot to b*tch about JFP, but this ain't one.

Quote:

There is a lot to b*tch about JFP, but this ain't one.

That's your opinion, my opinion is that they should have at least run a scroller so that anyone who didn't know, would know, as far as JFP goes, I don't have too much of a problem of how she's writing the show, I think it's better than it has been in years.
"proper evidence"? really?
Edited by Sammie Jo, May 18 2013, 02:52 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Quote:

That's your opinion, my opinion is that they should have at least run a scroller so that anyone who didn't know

You keep on evading my question. What proof do you have that they could have added a scroller? I have never seen this alleged scroller that everyone is talking about or this instant black card the very next day. When has any other soap handled the situation differently? I don't remember the death of Sally on B&B or Frances Reid on Days being handled different than JC. All of the deaths of soap stars are handled relatively the sme way and there is a reason for the similiar actions.
Edited by LPS, May 18 2013, 03:06 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 18 2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:

That's your opinion, my opinion is that they should have at least run a scroller so that anyone who didn't know

You keep on evading my question. What proof do you have that they could have added a scroller? I have never seen this alleged scroller that everyone is talking about or this instant black card the very next day. When has any other soap handled the situation differently? I don't remember the death of Sally on B&B or Frances Reid on Days being handled different than JC. All of the deaths of soap stars are handled relatively the sme way and there is a reason for the similiar actions.
I'm not evading anything, and I had no idea I was under interrogation, nor did I understand what you didn't understand.
Have you never seen the news scrollers or weather or amber alert scrollers at the bottom of the screen?
"Proof" are you serious? Call the CBS, ask them if it's possible to do.
Just because you don't know about something, don't remember it, or have never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Blissful gave you an example, you won't accept that without evidence, do you think she made that up just to win some silly argument? :shame:

LPS
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 05:47 PM
LPS
Quote:

I'm not evading anything, and I had no idea I was under interrogation, nor did I understand what you didn't understand.
Have you never seen the news scrollers or weather or amber alert scrollers at the bottom of the screen?
Just because you don't know about something, don't remember it, or have never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Blissful gave you an example, you won't accept that without evidence, do you think she made that up just to win some silly argument? :shame:
When one makes allegations that can seriously screw with someone's reputation, you need to have facts to back it up. It is outrageous to think the very next day YR could have did some act as a tribute, especially, considering the false and premature rumors regarding JC's death (VR anyone?)

You are not under interrogation, but you are voluntarily making the same critical argument that could damage someone's reputation if it was true, that YR dissed JC by not immediately dealing with her death in a specific way. That requires at least some proof. I'm not asking for a typed corporate policy or memo. I don't need to uncover the evidence because I'm not creating the allegations.

And I can name a YR poster who made stuff up about a silly argument. She was constantly hanging out with the Stafford and had inside scoops with the Pawly Center-lol- I miss her.

Anyways I'm done with this argument- no facts are being presented.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Ladies...Ladies...peace...what does it matter now? Jeanne Cooper was, and is loved by many people...me included. We have our own memories of her. Why even discuss what others are doing to honor her death. I have joined, on facebook..."The Prayer Circle for Jeanne Cooper". I suggest you do so also. Who cares about TPTB...they have changed many times over the years...but we haven't...Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace...

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 18 2013, 06:05 PM
Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 05:47 PM
LPS
Quote:

When one makes allegations that can seriously screw with someone's reputation, you need to have facts to back it up. It is outrageous to think the very next day YR could have did some act as a tribute, especially, considering the false and premature rumors regarding JC's death (VR anyone?)

You are not under interrogation, but you are voluntarily making the same critical argument that could damage someone's reputation if it was true, that YR dissed JC by not immediately dealing with her death in a specific way. That requires at least some proof. I'm not asking for a typed corporate policy or memo. I don't need to uncover the evidence because I'm not creating the allegations.

And I can name a YR poster who made stuff up about a silly argument. She was constantly hanging out with the Stafford and had inside scoops with the Pawly Center-lol- I miss her.

Anyways I'm done with this argument- no facts are being presented.
damaged reputation? really? whose reputation was damaged? That's a bit of a stretch, maybe JFP will sue me for daring to say that I thought they were remiss in not sending a scroller across the bottom of the screen, or just doing what they finally did and skip the previews to show JC.
There were no "allegations" either, just discussion of whether or not something should have been mentioned sooner.
I doubt anyone would have thought it was a false announcement like VR's, if it is on the tv screen during the show.
:yawnz:

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 09:41 AM
HotPepper
Sammie Jo

I don't know, if they don't say she died, then Jill can't fire Esther, if they do have her die, I think, that Esther gets Mrs C's half of the house. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot! lmao
I won't swear to that, but I think there was mention of it at one time, of course if Murphy is still around, he would get half the house as the husband.
I forgot. Katherine did leave half of the house to Esther. So Jill is going to have to learn to get along with Esther even if she hates her and dislikes her but since they have said they are not going to write JC off the show then that is not going to happen. So what use will Esther be? since Jc is not around Jill does still own half the house and Jill will be matron of the mansion. Jill might decide to keep Esther and make her wait on her hand and foot just because she dislikes Esther so much.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
May 19 2013, 02:53 AM
Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 09:41 AM
HotPepper
Sammie Jo

I forgot. Katherine did leave half of the house to Esther. So Jill is going to have to learn to get along with Esther even if she hates her and dislikes her but since they have said they are not going to write JC off the show then that is not going to happen. So what use will Esther be? since Jc is not around Jill does still own half the house and Jill will be matron of the mansion. Jill might decide to keep Esther and make her wait on her hand and foot just because she dislikes Esther so much.
When everyone thought Katherine was dead once before, didn't they disperse her estate and Esther got a wad of cash? Then when Katherine was found alive, she let everyone keep what they had gotten?
If that's the way it went down, then esther really doesn't need the job, she just stayed because of Katherine.
There's so many scenarios for this, I bet the writers are really scrambling, although, they should have been prepared, anyone with half an eye could see JC was getting more and more frail every day since her first hospital bout.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

ratfink
May 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Ladies...Ladies...peace...what does it matter now? Jeanne Cooper was, and is loved by many people...me included. We have our own memories of her. Why even discuss what others are doing to honor her death. I have joined, on facebook..."The Prayer Circle for Jeanne Cooper". I suggest you do so also. Who cares about TPTB...they have changed many times over the years...but we haven't...Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace...
Quote:

Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace

Squabblers? Really? That was a bit over the top, don't you think? :shame:

ratfink
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 19 2013, 07:15 AM
ratfink
May 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:

Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace

Squabblers? Really? That was a bit over the top, don't you think? :shame:
Probably....sorry :blush:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply