Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: May Discussion
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 08:38 AM (4,216 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

ratfink
May 19 2013, 05:03 PM
Sammie Jo
May 19 2013, 07:15 AM
ratfink
May 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Ladies...Ladies...peace...what does it matter now? Jeanne Cooper was, and is loved by many people...me included. We have our own memories of her. Why even discuss what others are doing to honor her death. I have joined, on facebook..."The Prayer Circle for Jeanne Cooper". I suggest you do so also. Who cares about TPTB...they have changed many times over the years...but we haven't...Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace...
Quote:

Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace

Squabblers? Really? That was a bit over the top, don't you think? :shame:
Probably....sorry :blush:
That's okay. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 02:50 PM
LPS
May 18 2013, 10:54 AM
Sammie Jo
May 18 2013, 09:36 AM
LPS
May 18 2013, 12:18 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
and you have no proof it couldn't have been!
Stations put scrollers across the bottom of the screen all the time.
I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it, some of us think it was disrespectful and others don't.
Looks like Bliss answered your question for you.
No one has to prove that something does not exist. That's like saying we will accept fairies exist until there is evidence to say otherwise. Plus, I'm not lamenting about JFP's actions

I will believe Bliss's anedocte when I see some proper evidence.

Its a strong and damaging argument to make- that JFP was being disrespectful to JC. IMO, the underlying issue is that people are complaining because it is JFP. There is a lot to b*tch about JFP, but this ain't one.

Quote:

There is a lot to b*tch about JFP, but this ain't one.

That's your opinion, my opinion is that they should have at least run a scroller so that anyone who didn't know, would know, as far as JFP goes, I don't have too much of a problem of how she's writing the show, I think it's better than it has been in years.
"proper evidence"? really?
WTF difference does it make now? Jeanne is gone and they didn't do it. Simple fact . No one knows why and even saying that they did it elsewhere when someone died doesn't even matter anymore. It is over, done with so why keep up debating on a debate that no one is going to win or loose?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 19 2013, 11:12 PM
ratfink
Sammie Jo
ratfink
May 18 2013, 06:32 PM
Ladies...Ladies...peace...what does it matter now? Jeanne Cooper was, and is loved by many people...me included. We have our own memories of her. Why even discuss what others are doing to honor her death. I have joined, on facebook..."The Prayer Circle for Jeanne Cooper". I suggest you do so also. Who cares about TPTB...they have changed many times over the years...but we haven't...Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace...
Quote:

Jeanne Cooper, RIP...do not listen to these squabblers...they know not what they do :hmmph: to your memory........peace

Squabblers? Really? That was a bit over the top, don't you think? :shame:
That's okay. ;)
Thank You, I cannot believe how much this has touched me. I am kinda touchy, I know. I have enjoyed this woman for 40 yrs, as I know you have too for how many years you have watched.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

ratfink
May 20 2013, 12:17 AM
Sammie Jo
ratfink
Sammie Jo

That's okay. ;)
Thank You, I cannot believe how much this has touched me. I am kinda touchy, I know. I have enjoyed this woman for 40 yrs, as I know you have too for how many years you have watched.
and that's exactly why I was so upset that they didn't acknowledge her death for days.
Does anyone even know when her funeral was/is?

ratfink
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 20 2013, 08:33 AM
ratfink
May 20 2013, 12:17 AM
Sammie Jo
ratfink

That's okay. ;)
and that's exactly why I was so upset that they didn't acknowledge her death for days.
Does anyone even know when her funeral was/is?
Her son Corbin said today that he is working on it. They plan to have a private memorial service, but things have not been finalized. He also said he would be working on a fact sheet that will state things like what she died from, what are they doing with her remains and what kind of a funeral are they having...

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

The "tribute" to la Cooper in the June 3 issue of CBS Soaps in Depth was pretty much a blip on the radar. Granted, they didn't have a lot of time to get it ready, does that mean she will get a dominant cover tribute for the June 17 issue? Ha!

More than likely Eric Braeden, Michael Muhney and/or Steve Burton will eclipse her for that "distinction." Soaps in Depth are ba$#%rds!

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I'm so glad they are doing a tribute to such an iconic actress/character. I know I am going off soap topic, but do you all remember when Josh Ryan Evans passed away the same day his Passions character, Timmy did? So young and talented, loved him and Tabitha.

LPS
Member Avatar

After watching today's Y&R....Heather Tom needs to return.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

LPS
May 28 2013, 11:46 PM
Why? Did Amelia Heinle have the opportunity to sink her teeth into some meaty material yet let it all fall flat like many of her scenes over the past eight years.

I haven't watched in a week or two. The show literally puts me to sleep these days.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LPS
May 28 2013, 11:46 PM
yes she does, and I wish I could remember where I read a rumor about her leaving B&B, I hope it's true.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Dear writers:
I was really hoping that after Billy saved the ranch from blowing up, and everyone's life, that you would stop the Victor/Billy feud, but evidently not. :rolleyes:
Victor can't forgive Billy for marrying Victoria, but apparently he can forgive Adam even though Adam caused the death of his baby.
They really need to fix this, it's gone beyond stupid.
It's so stupid that it appears like EB can barely stand to say the "Billy Boy" lines anymore.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I was :hail: :rockon: :cheer: :boobs: :applause: :dance: :yahoo: when Micheal put Lauren in her place about Carmine. He was right, would she feel the same way if he had another woman in his life. Lauren, when you ran off with Carmine for the weekend, you pretty much put the nail in your own coffin.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

natdot99
May 31 2013, 01:13 PM
I was :hail: :rockon: :cheer: :boobs: :applause: :dance: :yahoo: when Micheal put Lauren in her place about Carmine. He was right, would she feel the same way if he had another woman in his life. Lauren, when you ran off with Carmine for the weekend, you pretty much put the nail in your own coffin.
Yes, Lauren went waaaay past the "it just happened/it was a one time thing/he means nothing to me/ routine when she took the vacation with the king of sleaze.
I'm also getting sick of her groveling, it's all bullshit, she's only sorry she got caught.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 31 2013, 01:32 PM
natdot99
May 31 2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, Lauren went waaaay past the "it just happened/it was a one time thing/he means nothing to me/ routine when she took the vacation with the king of sleaze.
I'm also getting sick of her groveling, it's all bullshit, she's only sorry she got caught.
ITA...A mistake happens once after that it is a choice. Lauren choose to keep sleeping with Carmine and now she is SOOOO SORRY.............she got caught. I'm so glad Michael isn't buying her shit, but he shouldn't be the one leaving!

kelly777
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 30 2013, 01:14 PM
Dear writers:
I was really hoping that after Billy saved the ranch from blowing up, and everyone's life, that you would stop the Victor/Billy feud, but evidently not. :rolleyes:
Victor can't forgive Billy for marrying Victoria, but apparently he can forgive Adam even though Adam caused the death of his baby.
They really need to fix this, it's gone beyond stupid.
It's so stupid that it appears like EB can barely stand to say the "Billy Boy" lines anymore.
Yup, they best do a Target "FIX IT FAST" on this deal! AND they need to quit making Billy be yet another character that cannot seem to learn from his mistakes. I started watching this show because of Billy Miller and I'm Team Billy all the way. I took a hiatus in September 2009 on the last day of Guiding Light and following Colleen's Celebration of Life for six months. Besides that I was sick of my favorite being the one note drunken frat boy that couldn't keep his pecker in his pocket. I'm of the minority on this board because I came back in 2010 because of Villy. Loved them!!!!! I raced home every night to watch the day ahead on YouTube. It was a guy singing with YR playing in the background but I just couldn't wait to see the show because of them. Then I DVR'd and watched the regular US program. Both characters in the pairing evolved and it was a nice evolution; not too fast and not slow. Great pace and then damned if they didn't have them jumping off the same cliff they just crawled back up from. Talk about disappointed. All I know is I'm over the Victor hatred of the character. An Abbott heart beats in his chest and even then he can't be allowed to show an ounce of gratitude. EB has to be sick of it! Can't they think of ANYTHING else for his character to do? He was never this hard hearted. All I know with the newbies drowning out the characters I care about and the characters I care about acting totally out of character or the character has been regressed to their former shitty self I am a hair's breath away from turning this show off yet again. I have waited through the MAB slop shop and hoped and prayed for a show I would rush home to watch and a show that would take me away for a little while from all the problems and conflicts in my daily life. It just isn't happening and it's sad that the number one daytime drama doesn't even come close to acting like it IS the number one daytime drama. They can thank the soap gods that they have that noon slot. That is what is on in my work break room and I find myself having lunch at my desk or at a picnic table rather than watch that mess. It is frustrating beyond measure.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply