Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
B&B's Katherine Kelly Lang Celebrates Her First Emmy Nomination
Topic Started: May 1 2013, 10:35 PM (840 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

The Bold and the Beautiful's Katherine Kelly Lang Celebrates Her First Emmy Nomination
May 1, 2013 01:58 PM ET
by Michael Logan

Our long national nightmare is over. The Bold and the Beautiful's Katherine Kelly Lang — aka eternal sexpot Brooke Logan — has scored her first Daytime Emmy nomination after 26 years on the job. The much-adored actress shared her excitement with TV Guide Magazine soon after she got the news.

TV Guide Magazine: Are you as shocked as we are?
Lang: [Laughs] Isn't it amazing? I remember years and years ago when Susan Flannery [Stephanie] was nominated for B&B for the first time and she said, "I never thought it would happen!" And somehow that always gave me hope, because if someone as amazing as Susan had to wait, then why wouldn't I?

TV Guide Magazine: So the year-in, year-out snub never bummed you out?
Lang: Not at all. I'm the kind of person who tries not to let things get me down. I love persevering. I love acting every day. I'm so lucky to have this job and to have it for so long.

TV Guide Magazine: Did you hear Robin Roberts give you a shout out on Good Morning America this morning after your name was read?
Lang: No, I don't know anything about that! Really? Wow, I hope I can find it online. I was at a dinner with some Italian friends having way too good a time last night and was out until 1a.m.. [B&B exec producer] Brad Bell called me at 6 a.m. to tell me the news. I'm like, "Who's calling me at this hour?" [Laughs] Hey, it's not the worst way to wake up!

TV Guide Magazine: What do you think made the difference this year? Was it your switch from leading actress to supporting?
Lang: I'm not the type to analyze or speculate. It was my choice to switch to the supporting category because [in 2012] that's what I was. Brooke didn't really have a story of her own. She was busy supporting her daughter, doing a lot of mom stuff, and of course supporting Stephanie as she was dying. We'll see how it all turns out. I'm just so satisfied being nominated.

TV Guide Magazine: Did you submit Stephanie's death to the Emmy judges?
Lang: Yes, the episode where Brooke takes Stephanie out into the woods, they sit down and talk and then she passes away. I only submitted one episode instead of two [as Emmy rules allow]. I didn't want too much pain or for it to get laborious. [Laughs] I didn't want people speeding ahead through my reel to get to the next actress.

TV Guide Magazine: Were you surprised Stephanie only wanted Brooke with her at the end?
Lang: I was happy! I thought it was perfect. [Laughs] Of course, the fans were going, "How come Brooke gets to be the one with Stephanie when she dies? This is sooo wrong!" Brooke was a huge thing in Stephanie's life for many years, a problem mostly, but in the end they were best friends. In a way, it was the love story of the show. They'd been through so much history, so much fighting. They were the supercouple of B&B.

TV Guide Magazine: Have you had a chance to congratulate Susan on her nomination this morning?
Lang: Yes! And she is so excited but she's even more excited about me. That's Susan. I love and admire her so much and have learned so much from her. She's so strong, so feisty. I'm in awe of her at every moment. I wish I could do what she does.

TV Guide Magazine: Will you celebrate tonight?
Lang: [Laughs] I don't think so, especially after being out with my Italians last night. I love Italians. I love Italy. We just couldn't stop! So I'm considering that my pre-celebration. I'm heading to the studio right now to shoot two shows today and then I'm really tempted to go home and collapse...in utter happiness!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Katherine-Kelly-Lang-Daytime-Emmy-Nomination-1064793.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Katherine Kelly Lang Celebrates Emmy Nom; Plans to Make Brooke ‘Stronger’

Katherine Kelly Lang has been front and center as “The Bold and the Beautiful’s” Brooke Logan since 1987, and in a moment that feels like it should have happened years ago, she has finally been nominated for her very first Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award! And when reporters met the beloved actress on set hours after executive producer and headwriter Bradley Bell woke her with the exciting news, Lang’s glow was very much still evident.

“I don’t want to figure out why and how and all of that stuff and just enjoy the fact that I got a nomination, and I’m excited,” she says. “Just the fact that I got nominated, it feels really good. It feels like if I don’t win, I’m okay because I feel that is part of winning, is at least to be getting acknowledged for a nomination.”

Some fans might wonder why, after years of being a front burner actress, she submitted herself as a Supporting Actress, which is the category for which she’s vying to win. “I really felt that if I had any story that was front and center, I wouldn’t have done that, because to me, that wouldn’t have been fair. But the whole year, I never had a [front burner] story,” she explains. “I was ‘mom’ for most of the year, and then it was… [Susan Flannery's] Stephanie dying, and I was supporting her through that. It was really her story, so because of that, I thought, ‘Well, I’m just going to put myself in supporting this year.’”

Speaking of Stephanie dying, those are the scenes in which earned both Lang and Flannery their Emmy nominations this year (Lang for Outstanding Supporting Actress, and Flannery for Outstanding Leading Actress). “That was an amazing moment,” she says of why she chose to submit that episode. “There was no question. That was the one. I couldn’t even think of anything else.”

Of course, as she thought back on last year’s stories, there is one the Los Angeles native tried to forget: Brooke sleeping with Don Diamont’s Bill Spencer! “I just don’t think my character would do that to my sister,” she explains. “I was not for that story. Not against Don, because I love him and it’s great to be able to work with him, but… hopefully something will come out of it. And I just want to do something different for Brooke.”

And that something different, as she explains, is redefining her character as a strong woman who showcases much less of a weak side. But considering Brooke is consistently written as a victim, it’s not going to be easy! “I’m trying to work it in more where I can be a little more the leader and more feisty, not just so, ‘Sigh, woe is me,’’ she reveals. “I think I have to try to show different things and different sides, and even if [the script] says, ‘Brooke is crying and is so distraught,’ I’ll try and play against that, because it says that in almost every script everywhere! So I’ll maybe show moments of that, but I’m going to play her a little stronger, maybe even angry. Maybe she takes it out in a different way. She doesn’t always have to cry and be desperate and distraught.”

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/05/katherine-kelly-lang-celebrates-emmy-nom-plans-to-make-brooke-stronger
Edited by Daytime, May 3 2013, 10:08 AM.

soapfan01

Congrats to her its about time!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Happy for her, however way it turns out.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm happy for her that she got nominated.

I like that she didn't like Brooke sleeping with Bill and she doesn't sound all that thrilled with the writing for Brooke LOL.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Congratulations Katherine Kelly- Lang!! About time :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply