Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 2 2013, 08:56 AM (5,514 Views)
Hamilton
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 2 2013, 02:43 PM
Hamilton
May 2 2013, 02:40 PM
Classic
May 2 2013, 01:19 PM
LuvingLumi
May 2 2013, 12:59 PM
I just wish that if they HAVE to write for Ejami together that they would have kept them on back burner forever...I can't stand the sight of these two and the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'good guy' vs Nick's 'bad guy' is just WRONG. I want Ericole's story to move slowly too, but please shift it to front burner and ship these two hasbeens back....I can't stand the site of Sami any longer and I've never liked Ej...spare me....
[bI just wish that if the HAVE to write for Ejami together that they would have kept them on back burner forever...I can't stand the sight of these two and
the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'Good guy' vs Nick 'bad guy' is just WRONG.

I'm not a fan of the couple, but I highly doubt TPTB would back burn them forever. IMO they aren't bad as Dannifer--now that's a couple that
needs to be backburned for several reasons. Sami really isn't the blame for EJ changing. He hasn't been the same for a long time, even before
they got back together.

I'm glad Ericole's story is moving slowly, however if they are front burner, the story would have to explode with some high drama involving Vargas
or Ericole finally consumating their relationship, and they won't be front burner for long.
I think they still don't know how to write Ej and that's why he's this jumbled mess.

Putting him with Sami is a mistake imo because he lacks the wicked charisma that really made him shine. Ej as the altruistic 'good guy' eager to help out Will, Sonny and Sami and go after 'wicked' Nick reads wrong for me too.

As far as trying to take down Stefano as a 'flip side' seems juvenile considering Ej has many of his own past mistakes. It doesn't come off dark when it's rooted in Ej basically pouting 'Father shouldn't have hurt my feelings'.
I think Stefano and Ej make a compelling team. I like it when these men are written as power players against this little town of Salem. The fun is in the disagreement of ways to achieve their ends. But, they should have each others backs and celebrate sly victories.

The Ej we see now is no longer a guy set apart from the pack and he's too happily domesticated to fill Stefano's shoes so I have little interest in his plan to take down his father as an attempt to keep his bad boy image intact.
and taking down his father does not make him a bad boy at all....actually if Ej takes down Stefano I'll be so pissed because that honor should have gone to John Black...who as a Dimera and Stefano's brother, could have easily taken over DE when he came back after being paralized...but this show's hard on for Ej and their lack of consistency in writing his character will prove in the end to be the character's downfall....
I can't imagine that they would actually allow Ej to be successful in taking down Stefano. The kid is no match for the master. That's why it already bores me before it's begun. And you are right, to make it a truly compelling story let's have one of his enemies take a real go at it. Salem has plenty to choose from, but Marlena is my personal favorite.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Um, Vargas moaning like that just might be the hottest thing that's happened on Days in a while... Lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

I still think they don't know how to write EJ and that's why he's this jumbled mess

Quote:

I think Ej and Stefano make a compelling team. I like when these men are written as power players against this little town of Salem. The fun is in the disagreement of ways to achieve their ends. But, they should have each others backs and celebrate sly victories.

Quote:

The Ej we see now is no longer a guy set apart from the pack and he's too happily domesticated to fill Stefano's shoes

THIS I agree with.

Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, May 2 2013, 02:59 PM.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

cockymom
May 2 2013, 12:07 PM
I know it was stupid of Sami to take the money and it's going to blow up in her face, but I am loving watching Nick lose his shit over this $3000!
She took $30000!

Vicky4Mimi

I couldn't believe EJ had the gall to tell Rafe not to harm the kids because HE was mad at Sami. You could see from Rafe's face that he's thinking EJ's not the one to be making a statement like that. How dare that Sydney Stealing Monster ever say that to anyone!

AND I like that even EJ wants Johnny back in the FBI jacket. I hope we see that really soon!

Sweet and Salty

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2013, 03:06 PM
I couldn't believe EJ had the gall to tell Rafe not to harm the kids because HE was mad at Sami. You could see from Rafe's face that he's thinking EJ's not the one to be making a statement like that. How dare that Sydney Stealing Monster ever say that to anyone!

AND I like that even EJ wants Johnny back in the FBI jacket. I hope we see that really soon!

Loved the "Johnny wanting his FBI" jacket too!!! That was awesome!!!

Sweet and Salty

Classic
May 2 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:

I still think they don't know how to write EJ and that's why he's this jumbled mess

Quote:

I think Ej and Stefano make a compelling team. I like when these men are written as power players against this little town of Salem. The fun is in the disagreement of ways to achieve their ends. But, they should have each others backs and celebrate sly victories.

Quote:

The Ej we see now is no longer a guy set apart from the pack and he's too happily domesticated to fill Stefano's shoes

THIS I agree with.

Posted Image
Ditto. Bring back E.J. But don't get rid of Stephino. Not ready to let him go yet. Especially not to Everette.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2013, 03:06 PM

Yeah, as if Rafe ever harmed those children. Not a fan of the guy or anything and I do think it's wrong that he tried to keep Ej away from his own kids but let's be real here Ej....who's the one that kidnapped his own daughter? and who's the one that had Sami tell Johnny that she didn't love him?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

EJ wants Johnny to be happy. As he told Sami, Johnny loves that FBI jacket, and Rafe promised to get him a new one. If Rafe was as good a guy as he professes to be, he would have gotten the jacket already. When EJ mentioned it, it seemed to me that Rafe had not even thought about it since Johnny asked him to get a new one. Rafe was extra smug today, but EJ didn't respond to his digs. He only wanted Johnny to be happy.

EJ and Sami have both acknowledged that they made huge mistakes in dealing with their children. That's something they will have to live with, but it doesn't mean that they have to continue to hurt each other or their children. And admitting and discussing their mistakes with each other doesn't mean they're required to justify or explain or apologize for those shortcomings to Rafe, or to anyone else for that matter.

Loved the Nick and Nick/Sam scenes. Blake knows how to play crazy.
Edited by gailwinters, May 2 2013, 03:27 PM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Hamilton
May 2 2013, 02:50 PM
LuvingLumi
Hamilton
Classic
May 2 2013, 01:19 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[bI just wish that if the HAVE to write for Ejami together that they would have kept them on back burner forever...I can't stand the sight of these two and
the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'Good guy' vs Nick 'bad guy' is just WRONG.

I'm not a fan of the couple, but I highly doubt TPTB would back burn them forever. IMO they aren't bad as Dannifer--now that's a couple that
needs to be backburned for several reasons. Sami really isn't the blame for EJ changing. He hasn't been the same for a long time, even before
they got back together.

I'm glad Ericole's story is moving slowly, however if they are front burner, the story would have to explode with some high drama involving Vargas
or Ericole finally consumating their relationship, and they won't be front burner for long.
I think they still don't know how to write Ej and that's why he's this jumbled mess.

Putting him with Sami is a mistake imo because he lacks the wicked charisma that really made him shine. Ej as the altruistic 'good guy' eager to help out Will, Sonny and Sami and go after 'wicked' Nick reads wrong for me too.

As far as trying to take down Stefano as a 'flip side' seems juvenile considering Ej has many of his own past mistakes. It doesn't come off dark when it's rooted in Ej basically pouting 'Father shouldn't have hurt my feelings'.
I think Stefano and Ej make a compelling team. I like it when these men are written as power players against this little town of Salem. The fun is in the disagreement of ways to achieve their ends. But, they should have each others backs and celebrate sly victories.

The Ej we see now is no longer a guy set apart from the pack and he's too happily domesticated to fill Stefano's shoes so I have little interest in his plan to take down his father as an attempt to keep his bad boy image intact.
and taking down his father does not make him a bad boy at all....actually if Ej takes down Stefano I'll be so pissed because that honor should have gone to John Black...who as a Dimera and Stefano's brother, could have easily taken over DE when he came back after being paralized...but this show's hard on for Ej and their lack of consistency in writing his character will prove in the end to be the character's downfall....
I can't imagine that they would actually allow Ej to be successful in taking down Stefano. The kid is no match for the master. That's why it already bores me before it's begun. And you are right, to make it a truly compelling story let's have one of his enemies take a real go at it. Salem has plenty to choose from, but Marlena is my personal favorite.
What I believe is that they setting EJ up to become a modern power player and I actually think EJ will take Stefano down. The new generation of DiMeras are the ones who will rule Salem in the future and the fights about power will come from siblings aka Kristen and also Chad. And I am absolutely convinced that we will see a ruthless EJ when it comes to business.

Sweet and Salty

The Scorpion
May 2 2013, 03:41 PM
Hamilton
LuvingLumi
Hamilton

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep[bI just wish that if the HAVE to write for Ejami together that they would have kept them on back burner forever...I can't stand the sight of these two and
the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'Good guy' vs Nick 'bad guy' is just WRONG.still don't know how to write Ej and that's why he's this jumbled mess.

What I believe is that they setting EJ up to become a modern power player and I actually think EJ will take Stefano down. The new generation of DiMeras are the ones who will rule Salem in the future and the fights about power will come from siblings aka Kristen and also Chad. And I am absolutely convinced that we will see a ruthless EJ when it comes to business.
If Mr. Mascola is wanting to retire, I'm all for this!! Go writers!!! EJ, Kristen, Chad...it could be awesome!!

samwel

I really liked the way EJ handled Rafe in these scenes. He is not going to fall for his bitter, jealous bait and he is going to put aside his own feelings about Rafe because Johnny's happiness is more important. Rafe came off looking very 'small' today IMO.

samwel

The Scorpion
Hamilton
LuvingLumi
Hamilton

the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'Good guy' vs Nick 'bad guy' is just WRONG.still don't know how to write Ej and that's why he's this jumbled mess.

I think that is exactly in line with what James was saying about EJ and his business. I cannot wait for EJ/Justin scenes, Wally said we would be sick of Justin, and I say NEVER......the more the merrier and even if in the end they do not succeed, just having them try is going to be good.

EJ is no hero, getting off on the thought of murder, accomplice to theft and what not is no beacon of light, but he is doing what he thinks is best for his family and himself and that is a consistent trait......only difference is now he has the love of his life at his side and his actions are NOT going to cost him her. :wub2:

Sweet and Salty

Sweet and Salty
May 2 2013, 03:49 PM
The Scorpion
Hamilton
LuvingLumi

As far as trying to take down Stefano as a 'flip side' seems juvenile considering Ej has many
If Mr. Mascola is wanting to retire, I'm all for this!! Go writers!!! EJ, Kristen, Chad...it could be awesome!!
What would you rather see?

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
May 2 2013, 03:22 PM
EJ wants Johnny to be happy. As he told Sami, Johnny loves that FBI jacket, and Rafe promised to get him a new one. If Rafe was as good a guy as he professes to be, he would have gotten the jacket already. When EJ mentioned it, it seemed to me that Rafe had not even thought about it since Johnny asked him to get a new one. Rafe was extra smug today, but EJ didn't respond to his digs. He only wanted Johnny to be happy.

EJ and Sami have both acknowledged that they made huge mistakes in dealing with their children. That's something they will have to live with, but it doesn't mean that they have to continue to hurt each other or their children. And admitting and discussing their mistakes with each other doesn't mean they're required to justify or explain or apologize for those shortcomings to Rafe, or to anyone else for that matter.

Loved the Nick and Nick/Sam scenes. Blake knows how to play crazy.
Great post and imagine if you couldn't stick up for people who you hurt in the past. That would be the end of Team Will, for example.

I'm on ship No EJafe interaction. It was pretty disappointing when those two picked up where they left off, today.

I see that Kate has completely rewritten state history. I only wish someone was around to tell her she'd still be in Stefano's bed if he hadn't thrown her out of it.

Cameron and Abby were pretty boring today, but Cameron's money issues are making him more interesting as a character.

Vargas continues to become greater by the episode. It was weird that Nicole asked Brady to look into Vargas' background, though. Why not go to Rafe?

Hopefully Eric knows Nicole well enough that he won't ignore her concerns about Vargas.

I wish EJefano would repair their relationship, but this story could be good as long as Stefano isn't written out. It's just too bad Lexie and Tony aren't around to be a part of this story.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Damn Blake is good. When Nick marched into Sami's office today, that look on his face scared me as much as it did Sami. There is no one on this show who simultaneously express craziness and anger as frighteningly as Blake can. If EJ hadn't arrived when he did, I think Sami would have had a chance to use that new engagement gift of hers.

I also have to applaud Ari Z. today. Nicole had all kinds of chemistry with Eric, Brady and Vargas. We're lucky if we can find an actress who actually has chemistry with her on screen romantic interest and here's Ari who pops with every man she's with on screen. She's just fantastic.

Bee
Member Avatar

If you specifically went out looking for a hot mess, I don't think you could find a bigger one than this episode today. It was plot point writing at its absolute worst. Half of the characters were written out of character. The dialogue was atrocious. The past was rewritten. I feel like projectile crap flew out of the screen and onto my face today.

If it weren't for the awesomeness of Nick's cray and Vargas's When Harry Met Sally moment, I would say burn the film.

The real low point was the EJ/Rafe pissing contest tho. OMG. I beg on my knees to the show to please take JS and GG's characters far away from each other and never have them interact again. It's like watching a tennis match were one player doesn't know how to use a racket so he stands there smirking like a douche as the balls wiz by.

Sweet and Salty

Bee
May 2 2013, 05:08 PM
If you specifically went out looking for a hot mess, I don't think you could find a bigger one than this episode today. It was plot point writing at its absolute worst. Half of the characters were written out of character. The dialogue was atrocious. The past was rewritten. I feel like projectile crap flew out of the screen and onto my face today.

If it weren't for the awesomeness of Nick's cray and Vargas's When Harry Met Sally moment, I would say burn the film.

The real low point was the EJ/Rafe pissing contest tho. OMG. I beg on my knees to the show to please take JS and GG's characters far away from each other and never have them interact again. It's like watching a tennis match were one player doesn't know how to use a racket so he stands there smirking like a douche as the balls wiz by.
What characters were written out of character? E,J. Obviously, but who else?
Edited by Sweet and Salty, May 2 2013, 05:46 PM.

AFaithL

am103
May 2 2013, 02:11 PM
These Cameron/Abigail scenes are so dull. I wish they'd find someone more interesting for her!
Like Chad.

So when are the Vargas and Hope scenes starting? I bet they'd be hot as hell.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

AFaithL
May 2 2013, 05:33 PM
So when are the Vargas and Hope scenes starting? I bet they'd be hot as hell.
I hope soon!! The Hope/Vargas scenes in 3.5 months better not be the next ones. Granted, I need Bo "dead" asap so that Hope can start thinking about getting it on with Vargas. lol. Once we get the Hope/Vargas ball rolling, I'm gonna need some Ciara/Vargas scenes. (ok. I'm gonna need some Ciara/Vargas scenes period! It doesn't ultimately matter why they're in scenes together. Ciara could be looking for Eric & bump into Vargas. I'm not picky. lol.)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply