Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 2 2013, 08:56 AM (5,485 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

steal $30K from me, Sami, and I'm gonna go batsh*t crazy on you too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i think this is the first eppi with Brady that Kristen isn't also in in forever.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Today's better than yesterday. I didn't even watch the whole eppi. It played...I muted...I watched AMC instead. Today I watched the whole eppi. Still didn't hold my attention the whole time but at least it did for most of it.

blueskies
Member Avatar

And EJ, honey, if your pasty a** brings down Stefano, it's only because the writers are dumbf*cks. Me, I hope Stefano crucifies you.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
May 2 2013, 01:38 PM
I don't like Nicole being scared of Vargas. She was never scared of EJ, so why a silly ex-con? Bring back feisty Nicole!
Messing with EJ might cause Nicole a few bruises at most.Messing with Vargas might cause Nicole to end up in a dumpster.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
May 2 2013, 01:59 PM
I knew Cherill wrote this. :shame:

If we never get an EJ/Rafe scene again, it would be too soon. I kept tweeting "EJ, don't waste your time" every single time they came back on. I was reminded once again why I can't stand Rafe. :facepalm: EJ saved it by coming thru in the nick of time to help out Sami and looking sexy as hell in that suit and tie at the end of the eppie. :wub:

Looks like Sami is going to need that glock afterall. :ermm:

Cam and Abby are cute. There, I said it! I'm not ashamed!

We got a State scene! Oh, what they used to have. Memories, in the corners of my mind... :(
My thumbs up is for everthing except EJ/Sami.I also want to know if anyone out there has heard of a 8mm.I have heard of a 9mm but never an 8 which is what I thought I heard Kate say.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I hated Vargus humiliating Nichol today, I felt her fear and pain. I hope Brady got the real message from the phone call, she needs a champion. What did EJ say to Nick when Nick said something about calling security? Did he say if I make a call it won't be security? Sami should not have taken that money, but she may need that gun in the near future, I don't know what Kate's motive was but... Nick was scary today, so was Vargus. I wonder what Gabi thinks after her convo with Rafe and then walking into that room?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

gailwinters
May 2 2013, 03:22 PM
EJ wants Johnny to be happy. As he told Sami, Johnny loves that FBI jacket, and Rafe promised to get him a new one. If Rafe was as good a guy as he professes to be, he would have gotten the jacket already. When EJ mentioned it, it seemed to me that Rafe had not even thought about it since Johnny asked him to get a new one. Rafe was extra smug today, but EJ didn't respond to his digs. He only wanted Johnny to be happy.

EJ and Sami have both acknowledged that they made huge mistakes in dealing with their children. That's something they will have to live with, but it doesn't mean that they have to continue to hurt each other or their children. And admitting and discussing their mistakes with each other doesn't mean they're required to justify or explain or apologize for those shortcomings to Rafe, or to anyone else for that matter.

Loved the Nick and Nick/Sam scenes. Blake knows how to play crazy.
Based on what has occured between Rafe and Sami/EJ with them moving in together with their children,I can see how Rafe would not want to intrude by rushing over with the jacket for Johnny until Sami,their mother,or EJ,their father,indicated it was okay for him to do so.Has anyone noticed that it was Rafe who attempted to limit his contact with Sami at the strip club but she told him to wait so she could talk to him.EJ apporached Rafe who tried to leave atleast twice but EJ stopped him.He has told them congratulation and moved on,they are the ones trying to keep him in their orbit not the other way around.Why can't they be happy and leave Rafe the "F" alone.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 2 2013, 07:38 PM
gailwinters
EJ wants Johnny to be happy. As he told Sami, Johnny loves that FBI jacket, and Rafe promised to get him a new one. If Rafe was as good a guy as he professes to be, he would have gotten the jacket already. When EJ mentioned it, it seemed to me that Rafe had not even thought about it since Johnny asked him to get a new one. Rafe was extra smug today, but EJ didn't respond to his digs. He only wanted Johnny to be happy.

EJ and Sami have both acknowledged that they made huge mistakes in dealing with their children. That's something they will have to live with, but it doesn't mean that they have to continue to hurt each other or their children. And admitting and discussing their mistakes with each other doesn't mean they're required to justify or explain or apologize for those shortcomings to Rafe, or to anyone else for that matter.

Based on what has occured between Rafe and Sami/EJ with them moving in together with their children,I can see how Rafe would not want to intrude by rushing over with the jacket for Johnny until Sami,their mother,or EJ,their father,indicated it was okay for him to do so.Has anyone noticed that it was Rafe who attempted to limit his contact with Sami at the strip club but she told him to wait so she could talk to him.EJ apporached Rafe who tried to leave atleast twice but EJ stopped him.He has told them congratulation and moved on,they are the ones trying to keep him in their orbit not the other way around.Why can't they be happy and leave Rafe the "F" alone.
When Johnny mentioned the jacket to Rafe, Rafe was more concerned about finding out why Sami brought the kids to the pub for a sleepover. He probably didn't even remember discussing it with Johnny. He's certainly never worried before about intruding with EJ or Sami concerning the kids, so I don't think that he's suddenly become Mr. Thoughtful.

I'm pretty sure that Rafe is the one who approached Sami at the strip club. And EJ had a specific reason for talking to Rafe today: trying to make Johnny happy.....if not for that, I doubt that EJ would spend one second talking to Rafe.

Sweet and Salty

Floridagirl
May 2 2013, 07:28 PM
I hated Vargus humiliating Nichol today, I felt her fear and pain. I hope Brady got the real message from the phone call, she needs a champion. What did EJ say to Nick when Nick said something about calling security? Did he say if I make a call it won't be security? Sami should not have taken that money, but she may need that gun in the near future, I don't know what Kate's motive was but... Nick was scary today, so was Vargus. I wonder what Gabi thinks after her convo with Rafe and then walking into that room?
I, too, wonder what Gabi now thinks.

I DON'T see how Nicole can even compare the danger of Vargus doing clearly illegal, potentially criminally/dangerous activity that might put Father Eric's life at risk, to injuring her pride by informing Father Eric with the obvious; that her feeling for her first love are still intact! Big whoop! Like Nicole really cares that she still see's him with romantic eyes. I don't get it. Not the Nicole I "know".

Vargus looks to me like a puppy. Walking around with tools in his hands. I just wish they had someone who comes across as more "bad". I just see him as a fun loving guy. He needs to emit more fear. Heck, Blake plays villain way better! Now HE scares me! Not V!

vettejb

Bee
May 2 2013, 05:08 PM
If you specifically went out looking for a hot mess, I don't think you could find a bigger one than this episode today. It was plot point writing at its absolute worst. Half of the characters were written out of character. The dialogue was atrocious. The past was rewritten. I feel like projectile crap flew out of the screen and onto my face today.

If it weren't for the awesomeness of Nick's cray and Vargas's When Harry Met Sally moment, I would say burn the film.

The real low point was the EJ/Rafe pissing contest tho. OMG. I beg on my knees to the show to please take JS and GG's characters far away from each other and never have them interact again. It's like watching a tennis match were one player doesn't know how to use a racket so he stands there smirking like a douche as the balls wiz by.
...and speaking with that wussy English accent and batting his eyelashes in that "come hither" way he/it does.
Edited by vettejb, May 2 2013, 08:34 PM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I'm still turning red at the Vargas/Nicole scenes, such a humiliation! I think her fear of him is more about Eric finding out than her fearing for her life. I mean she's dealt with EJ before and she came out on top. She knew EJ. Vargas is an unknown entity and did just come out of ten year stint in prison for goodness knows what, so to me I understand her lack of assertiveness with him (doesn't mean I like though).this thing with Eric is sure making her act out of character because this is the very sort of challenge she would never back out of. The real Nicole is the one who threatened Vargas in the end, if Eric gets hurt (and he will) all bets are off and honestly I can't wait.

Vargas using Nicole's calling out Eric's name in the throws of passion is the stupidest thing ever, whoever said this earlier was right, Nick is this show's truest villain, not only does he scare the pants off some of this characters but he makes viewers almost as equally nervous by just watching him on screen. He don't mess around that one and that's how I like my villains.

marie1969

gailwinters

samwel
May 2 2013, 03:59 PM
I really liked the way EJ handled Rafe in these scenes. He is not going to fall for his bitter, jealous bait and he is going to put aside his own feelings about Rafe because Johnny's happiness is more important. Rafe came off looking very 'small' today IMO.

So much of this. I did not expect the scenes with ej/rafe to play out like this. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Ej was putting his children feelings before his own by offering Rafe an olive branch. He recognizes that Johnny loves Rafe and he is mature and selfless enough to allow him to be continue to be part of his son's life in spite of the bad blood between the two of them. Go Ej!!! You have come a long way. Parenting is a learning process and you just graduated with flying colors.

Ej acted as a mature responsible parent. I was so proud of him. Ej has grown a lot since last year. He is happy and finally has the family he has fought so long for, so he has no reason to be jealous or petty.

I have to give him credit, Ej tried his best to be civil even though Rafe was being bitter and petty. Rafe was deflecting when he accused Ej of being insecure because Ej was calm, collected, rational and smiling the whole time. I think he could see through Rafe's bitterness though. All the digs that Rafe threw at ej just rolled up his back because he (ej) knows he has won the girl and Rafe is just a sore loser who can not stand that he lost to Ej of all people.

Nothing Rafe says can get to Ej because he knows at the end of the day, he gets to tuck his children into bed and spend the night making love to his bride to be. Ej finally has the family has always wanted.

nightfan

After tonight's episode, I want some Vargas/Nicole hate sex, big time. A la AJ/Carly on GH! These two ex-cons have still got it!

The Abby/Cameron scenes reminded me that we're probably drawing near to the countdown of Abby losing her virginity. It may seem silly, but I wish that Days would do those promos like NBC used to do: "Next month," "Next week" and "This Week" and "In 3 days..." Just really make a big deal out of Abby losing her virginity. Even give the storyline a branded title like the network used to do. It could be fun!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"In 3 Weeks.... Abby will give herself, body and soul, to one man.... But who will it be? The doctor? The bad boy? Or could it be... someone new? Days of our Lives."

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
May 3 2013, 12:50 AM
"In 3 Weeks.... Abby will give herself, body and soul, to one man.... But who will it be? The doctor? The bad boy? Or could it be... someone new? Days of our Lives."
Since when is Chad "the bad boy"?? Also, there's really no "someone new" she could sleep with.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Supergirlx2
May 3 2013, 01:00 AM
Matt
Since when is Chad "the bad boy"?? Also, there's really no "someone new" she could sleep with.
Well, I really don't know what Chad is because... I couldn't really say "the snarky douche" lol. And of course there's no "someone new" but there really should be. And even if there isn't, you know it was JUST LIKE the promos of old to throw the possibility in there in the promo just to keep the audience off kilter. lol

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Matt
May 3 2013, 01:03 AM
Supergirlx2
May 3 2013, 01:00 AM
Matt
Well, I really don't know what Chad is because... I couldn't really say "the snarky douche" lol. And of course there's no "someone new" but there really should be. And even if there isn't, you know it was JUST LIKE the promos of old to throw the possibility in there in the promo just to keep the audience off kilter. lol
true on both points. I must admit that I thought you were quoting something. I was distracted by rewatching Olitz's end-of-episode "Hi"s.
Personally, i think the "teen scene" (though i'm not sure if we should still refer to them as such with JJ coming on) could use an extra guy & girl. If/when Gabi & Nick break up, her only alternative pairing will be with Cameron, but Abby won't be able to be Nick's alternative as they're cousins. Nick would then have to be single. The whole Cameron/Abby/Chad thing is such a non-triangle. Abby's not really torn between them - she's not with one & wishing to be with the other, nor is the other trying to get her to be with him. Even with JJ & Jen's character coming on, there's still really no viable alternatives to the pairings.
There's almost more options with the little kids - you could do an Allie/Theo/Ciara/"Bristen's adopted boy (aka the kid in the pic with Eric & Eileen)" quadrangle. And then you could have Parker/Sydney. Not sure what you would do with Johnny - i guess he'd have to go chasing after Ciara as well, since he's related to the other girls.

Michele

LuvingLumi
May 2 2013, 12:59 PM
I just wish that if they HAVE to write for Ejami together that they would have kept them on back burner forever...I can't stand the sight of these two and the fact that he becomes another character around her and he's all of a sudden the 'good guy' vs Nick's 'bad guy' is just WRONG. I want Ericole's story to move slowly too, but please shift it to front burner and ship these two hasbeens back....I can't stand the site of Sami any longer and I've never liked Ej...spare me....
I have always hated Sami! I loved EJ when he was with Nicole this last time, but do not like him at all with Sami.

nightfan

Matt
Excellent, Matt! Plus, sex sells, so making such a big deal out of it could get a better ratings spike than any other story. I just think the show should pump it up. Wear Abby's deflowering like a badge (vadge?) of honor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply