Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Exclusive Interview with Regina Gleason (Kitty Horton) now posted!; Actress was the first female ever killed off on "Days"
Topic Started: May 3 2013, 12:20 AM (753 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

REGINA GLEASON INTERVIEW NOW POSTED!

JASON47 BOOKS RARE INTERVIEW WITH REGINA GLEASON, AKA KITTY HORTON, THE FIRST FEMALE TO DIE ON DAYS!

"Days" fans old and new, be sure to read my exclusive interview with Regina Gleason, who played the contract role of Kitty Horton, estranged wife of Tommy Horton, from 1967-1969. Kitty's dramatic death in 1969 caused Bill Horton to go to jail and helped launch the storyline of Doug Williams in 1970. Find out how she got cast on "Days", how she found out she was going to be killed off, her thoughts on some of the early "Days" cast (one in particular who threw the best beach parties), one of the strangest places someone recognized her as Kitty, what she's been up to since leaving "Days", and much more! Plus, I've also posted the script of Kitty's debut scenes from August 31, 1967, available to "Days" fans for the first time since that episode aired over 45 years ago! http://www.jason47.com/

Posted Image
Edited by Jason47, May 3 2013, 08:35 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Can't wait!

Marlene

Looking forward to this. :)

Jason47
Member Avatar

REGINA GLEASON INTERVIEW NOW POSTED!

JASON47 BOOKS RARE INTERVIEW WITH REGINA GLEASON, AKA KITTY HORTON, THE FIRST FEMALE TO DIE ON DAYS!

"Days" fans old and new, be sure to read my exclusive interview with Regina Gleason, who played the contract role of Kitty Horton, estranged wife of Tommy Horton, from 1967-1969. Kitty's dramatic death in 1969 caused Bill Horton to go to jail and helped launch the storyline of Doug Williams in 1970. Find out how she got cast on "Days", how she found out she was going to be killed off, her thoughts on some of the early "Days" cast (one in particular who threw the best beach parties), one of the strangest places someone recognized her as Kitty, what she's been up to since leaving "Days", and much more! Plus, I've also posted the script of Kitty's debut scenes from August 31, 1967, available to "Days" fans for the first time since that episode aired over 45 years ago! http://www.jason47.com/

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! Kitty's death is one of my earliest memories of Days. Regina seems like a lovely lady, not like Kitty at all, lol.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! Great read. I love all of the history and she seems like such a nice woman. I've never really seen any of her work on DAYS, but really enjoyed hearing from her. Those pictures have SO many soap icons, some icons on multiple soaps...crazy to think DAYS had all of them at one point. I'm always in awe of how beautiful Denise Alexander is.

Really cool that she still suggested that fans watch DAYS after all of these years and managed to pimp the show again, lol. And of course the classic theme song.

jam6242
Member Avatar

My first exposure to Days was when these future soap legends were on together. Spoiled me for life!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Loved, loved, LOVED the interview! She seems like such a delightful woman. I've always been disappointed that nothing from her time on the show seems to be out there in general circulation. One of my OCD detail take-aways from that interview is that, apparently, Kitty was only 17 when Sandy was born (and that she lived in Colorado and then St. Louis). Granted, that could merely have been a story Kitty told her married suitor to explain being "31" and the mother of a teen-ager. I always love your individual episode synopses from the early years of the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply