Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 3 2013, 06:40 AM (8,277 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Aww, look at little Elvis. I miss Susan. Too bad they won't bring her back to breath some life into this show (Dimeras/Blacks stories at the least). I love the look on Brady's face. Who woulda thunk he'd be neck deep in Susan's look-alike's cooter? So wrong.
Edited by Laufeyson, May 3 2013, 06:51 AM.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I miss Susan!! And those contorted faces she always made.......... she needs to come back for an eppi or two:)

salempc
Member Avatar

Aww, that was probably the only time period where I ever liked (and felt sorry for) Elvis. It's a shame they oversoras'd him.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

^^I think there was so much potential if they would have only sorased him to be close to Will's age, he would have become Will's arch enemy and then he would have fallen for Will revealing that Elvis is gay...too bad they messed that up.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Aww....too funny! Love the pic.

I'm thankful JER thought to SORAS Elvis to the age he is now so we could get James Scott in the role. It's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

EJ's sorasing is really the biggest wtf since it's inception.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Peter Reckell's first scenes, as well as the first Bope scenes, aired 30 years ago today.

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
May 3 2013, 09:06 AM
Aww....too funny! Love the pic.

I'm thankful JER thought to SORAS Elvis to the age he is now so we could get James Scott in the role. It's worth it as far as I'm concerned.
I just wish they'd made him a different character.

six
Member Avatar

I don't mind that they aged EJ so much, but I do wish that they picked up his story where it left off when he returned. EJ might as well not even have been EJ if they weren't going to tap into the history of the character.

Bee
Member Avatar

Susan is my soap opera EVERYTHING. :wub2:

You know ED would just kill if they brought Susan back and I would kill to see EJ interact with him mom but these writers are far too shitty to be trusted with something that epic.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 3 2013, 09:18 AM
Peter Reckell's first scenes, as well as the first Bope scenes, aired 30 years ago today.
Taping Schedule for Peter's first episode:
Posted Image

Parking Clearance for Peter's first episode:
Posted Image

Bo's first line of dialogue...5/3/83
Posted Image

somersetfan
Member Avatar

I.....WANT......SUSAN.....BACK!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I want Marlena to decide to fight back against Kristen (and split up EJ/Sami) by bringing Susan back to Salem. After all, what if Marlena locks Kristen in a secret room and then has Susan impersonate her to then right everything that Kristen has done wrong?

james0479
Member Avatar

The sad thing about the Kristen storyline is I don't personally feel she's done enough wrong. The stakes aren't high enough for my tastes. John looks more guilty than she does.

But I really want Susan back and soon. She's needed and I don't feel she would be out of place. Hell, we've got strippers now.

james0479
Member Avatar

A cool thing about a return of Susan is it could be a total surprise to us. It's not like we'd get casting news because the actress who plays Susan is already on the show. It would make my year if she just popped up one day and we had no notice!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My problem with Kristen is that her motives or goals weren't revealed soon enough. Even so, they weren't even truly HINTED at enough to build the needed anticipation for their reveal. Moreover, the entire plan it just weak, weak, WEAK! If Kristen truly blames John and Marlena for her prior emotional collapse and TRULY wanted to exact some sort of revenge, she should've been working behind the scenes all along to destroy them and makes their lives hell for every angle. KRISTEN should've been behind John's frame up and financial troubles. She should've done something to cost Marlena her medical license. She could've seduced Brady, or she could've set up Brady with a new woman who was supposed to lure him back to drugs yadda yadda who then falls for Brady, but can't get out of her scheme with Kristen. Belle should've come back and Kristen should've targeted her. And Kristen should have a near obsessive interest in "brother" EJ. Kristen should almost treat him as a son and should, in private, actually refer to him as "John Jr." and pull strings whenever possible to get EJ everything he wants because, in her mind, he's still her son. As it is now, she's merely a horny cougar banging her former almost-step-son just to go "neener neener" to her ex and his wife. lol

james0479
Member Avatar

Matt
May 3 2013, 11:41 AM
My problem with Kristen is that her motives or goals weren't revealed soon enough. Even so, they weren't even truly HINTED at enough to build the needed anticipation for their reveal. Moreover, the entire plan it just weak, weak, WEAK! If Kristen truly blames John and Marlena for her prior emotional collapse and TRULY wanted to exact some sort of revenge, she should've been working behind the scenes all along to destroy them and makes their lives hell for every angle. KRISTEN should've been behind John's frame up and financial troubles. She should've done something to cost Marlena her medical license. She could've seduced Brady, or she could've set up Brady with a new woman who was supposed to lure him back to drugs yadda yadda who then falls for Brady, but can't get out of her scheme with Kristen. Belle should've come back and Kristen should've targeted her. And Kristen should have a near obsessive interest in "brother" EJ. Kristen should almost treat him as a son and should, in private, actually refer to him as "John Jr." and pull strings whenever possible to get EJ everything he wants because, in her mind, he's still her son. As it is now, she's merely a horny cougar banging her former almost-step-son just to go "neener neener" to her ex and his wife. lol
Holy God how I wish that were the story. Everything you said is exactly what this story should've been. I literally got chills reading it...I'd be on the edge of my seat watching it. Kristen responsible for the financial issues with John....that should've crossed over with the writing change. That's freaking brilliant. And YES at Kristen treating EJ as a son...calling him John Jr. That would be creepy as shit but make SO much sense. The stakes aren't Kristen Blake esque enough for me but you, my friend, just said what could've and should've been.

Days of our could've been lives.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I don't get why Kate thinks Stefano cares so much about who she's sexin' it up with now. He hasn't seemed to give her much thought since his return.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Really, Stefano? You're going to meet with your police spy right out in the middle of the open park? smdh

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply