Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 5/6
Topic Started: May 6 2013, 04:37 AM (19,916 Views)
Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Kristian Alfonso ‏@KJAlfonso
Happy Saturday ; )) at the gym ! ; )So happy to hear you like my glasses ,lol I finally gave in ; ) ! Lol
https://twitter.com/KJAlfonso/status/333318339067789312
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar
"I like to be on top, Darling." - John Ross/Pamela

Panda Panda
May 8 2013, 07:37 PM

Aimikins
May 8 2013, 07:21 PM
I wanted to find out if there was a Youtube link to the dancer and found this instead :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRIMzrUpnU4
omg that was amazing.
ROTF. but was she talking on her cell phone??
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

IIttu
May 10 2013, 07:58 PM
Panda Panda
May 10 2013, 07:41 PM
I wonder if Drake will be the next Bo? I'm not that sad about him possibly leaving for an extended period of time. I find his acting to be almost intolerable at times and his weird gestures in his scenes are worse than Chandler's. How many times can a man tilt his upward and to the side while closing his eyes for ten seconds and adjusting his cuff links in one scene?
I agree but I also believe his acting's been unusually bad this year because he's been mad at the writing. The couldn't-care-less attitude really shines through.
well, I'm sure it's very hard on Drake to act in those scenes, bc the way John is acting make no F sense, so of course, his frustration will show on screen. I don't feel bad for John, but I do feel for Drake bc when I see "John" now, all I can really see how Drake is miserable with the writing. Doesn't even feel like he's acting anymore, but only saying his lines bc he has to. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 10 2013, 08:12 PM
John's been hogging Marlena's seat in the "take down Kristen" train for far too long. It's time for MarMar to reclaim her seat and start making some plans of her own against Kristen, lol.

Honestly, they can take Brady away too (even though I like the couple!) if it means we get Marlena and Kristen going head-to-head more often
Fuck yes! I don't care about John vs Kristen, especially since he's handling this "plan" all wrong. I'd rather see Marlena take down Kristen. Why MUST the man, always be the one who has to save the heroine? can't a woman, do that on her own? Marlena was never a victim and all she does lately, is just sob quietly and mope all over town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Poker Face
May 11 2013, 05:11 PM
IIttu
Panda Panda
I wonder if Drake will be the next Bo? I'm not that sad about him possibly leaving for an extended period of time. I find his acting to be almost intolerable at times and his weird gestures in his scenes are worse than Chandler's. How many times can a man tilt his upward and to the side while closing his eyes for ten seconds and adjusting his cuff links in one scene?
I agree but I also believe his acting's been unusually bad this year because he's been mad at the writing. The couldn't-care-less attitude really shines through.
well, I'm sure it's very hard on Drake to act in those scenes, bc the way John is acting make no F sense, so of course, his frustration will show on screen. I don't feel bad for John, but I do feel for Drake bc when I see "John" now, all I can really see how Drake is miserable with the writing. Doesn't even feel like he's acting anymore, but only saying his lines bc he has to. :(
There have been other actors who have spun gold out of shit. Matthew Ashford, for one. So, for me, I honestly don't accept that excuse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 11 2013, 06:46 PM
Poker Face
May 11 2013, 05:11 PM
IIttu
Panda Panda
There have been other actors who have spun gold out of shit. Matthew Ashford, for one. So, for me, I honestly don't accept that excuse.
IMO, Drake is doing like MR did in her scenes with Matt Ashford when J and J "reunited," no emoting at all. She said the words, but you couldn't tell she gave a flying flip about Jack.

As for John, even if he is planning to take down Kristen, we should at least see the pain in his eyes when he looks at Doc. We see nada. He talks about losing her as if she's yesterday's newspaper. :shame:

And I agree that there are many times that the writing is BS, but the actor/actress at least tries to act his/her way through it. Not so much with the Mr. DH.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I mean...Drake even said he doesn't how to play this stuff.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
May 11 2013, 01:47 PM
Deidre just posted a pic on her Facebook with all of Sami's little kids and their twins. One Johnny is missing though.
And it looks like a courtroom set that they're on. Probably there for Sami's trial.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 11 2013, 08:00 PM
lysie
May 11 2013, 01:47 PM
Deidre just posted a pic on her Facebook with all of Sami's little kids and their twins. One Johnny is missing though.
And it looks like a courtroom set that they're on. Probably there for Sami's trial.
I hope she fries.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 11 2013, 07:10 PM
Hmmmm. I take it there's no director? They can't ask? They can't get input from their co-actors? They don't discuss it?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 11 2013, 08:09 PM
lysie
Hmmmm. I take it there's no director? They can't ask? They can't get input from their co-actors? They don't discuss it?
IDK. Or he did, and they gave no help. He seems to know how to play scenes with Eileen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 11 2013, 08:11 PM
ladyofthelake
lysie
IDK. Or he did, and they gave no help. He seems to know how to play scenes with Eileen.
That's too bad. I would just think, though, as many years as he and Dee worked together, they'd figure out something, but I'm sure the guidance is piss-poor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
ladyofthelake
lysie
I wonder how much of that is due to ED spit-balling with him on how to play the scenes? Probably all of it, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Rachel Ann @xstache 15m
@freddiemsmith - Hiii! Is Summer in Salem full of exciting new things? :)

freddie smith @freddiemsmith 4m
@xstache sonny starts another business venture!

This is probably that new set that EJ was seated in from that spoiler\monitor picture.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

LonePirate
May 11 2013, 08:19 PM
Rachel Ann @xstache 15m
@freddiemsmith - Hiii! Is Summer in Salem full of exciting new things? :)

freddie smith @freddiemsmith 4m
@xstache sonny starts another business venture!

This is probably that new set that EJ was seated in from that spoiler\monitor picture.
Good. I'm sick of that damn Coffee shop.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

michr544125
May 11 2013, 06:58 AM
Days should hire Freddie to do their PR. He can probably do it better than they can. He has raised so much money in just a few days. Almost 30k is a lot of money! I know others are involved in this project but it seems like Freddie is really the main one getting people to donate.
He also does a lot of interviews for the Will and Sonny storyline and does a fantastic job. He is very intelligent and is very interesting to listen to. He also is willing to do Question and Answer sessions on Twitter when he has the time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

any word who's gonna be at the horton gathering to hang the balls? arnt they filming that next week???
Offline Profile Goto Top

Poker Face
Member Avatar

lysie
ladyofthelake
lysie
which scenes are you talking about where he doesn't know how play? with Brady?

he does seem comfortable with Eileen, like he knows why John is doing what is doing..
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Poker Face
May 11 2013, 09:42 PM
lysie
ladyofthelake
lysie

he does seem comfortable with Eileen, like he knows why John is doing what is doing..
IDK. The stuff airing now is what they were filming when Drake tweeted that he didn't understand John's motivations. Can't be sure which exact scenes they were, but for his sake I hope they were the ones where he looked completely clueless.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

lysie
May 11 2013, 09:46 PM
Poker Face
May 11 2013, 09:42 PM
lysie
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

IDK. The stuff airing now is what they were filming when Drake tweeted that he didn't understand John's motivations. Can't be sure which exact scenes they were, but for his sake I hope they were the ones where he looked completely clueless.
That's where your instincts as an actor come into play. It's called subtext. Your eyes and body language should reflect differently than the written dialogue.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic