Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, May 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 6 2013, 06:09 AM (10,039 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LOL - Kristen sitting at Eric's desk flipping through the Bible.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Marlena looks nice today. Roman, on the other hand, does not.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

John and Nicole scene! Makes me long for Jawn.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ejady! Hotness abounds!

Sparrow

3 minutes in and I am so confused.

If they intentionally dressed Kristen to make her clash so thoroughly with Eric's office, then great job. Nicole, however, is wearing the perfect shade of red to fit right in. Am I giving out too much credit here?

Marlene

jam6242
May 6 2013, 10:42 AM
When I was watching the Doug/Julie/Addie story I thought Addie was MUCH older than Doug. Bill just seemed younger than his real age (and still does). It wasn't until many years later that I learned there's only a 4-5 years age difference between Bill and Patricia Barry. And I was repulsed (keep in mind I was a young teen) when they had Julie married to Bob Anderson. He seemed ancient. I was happy that he was impotent for a long time with her, lol. Yet, I found out later the actor who played Bob, Mark Tapscott, was only six months older than Bill.

And Addie's ghost did appear to Doug once but that was way back in 1976 when he was getting ready to re-marry his first wife, Kim, and Julie was going to marry Don Craig. I agree it would have been nice to see her appear again, to Hope especially because she never got to know her.

I, too, remember thinking that Addie was much older than Doug. But that may have been because I thought he belonged with Julie, not her mother. This is one of my first real memories of Days. I recall Julie not responding to Doug in time. Doug and Addie running off. Then there was a scene, on a plane I believe, where Addie says to Doug, "A penny for your thoughts." I recall this line making me think that Addie was trying to "buy" Doug. (Or did Doug reply something to that effect?) I also recall the episode ending with Julie crying, knowing that she lost Doug to her mother.

Now for all of the experts out there...Are any of these memories correct, or is this just what my mind has synthesized after 40+ years?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And there's Kristen wearing bubble gum pink. All over. oh.my.

Marlene

Matt
May 6 2013, 08:59 AM
Marlene
May 6 2013, 08:10 AM
Great idea, Matt, but that would mean they'd have to write a story for Doug, Julie AND Hope!!!
Of course. Damn. What the hell was I thinking?

I completely forgive your faux pas.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

*snicker* Kristen's pissed that Marlena was mean to her. lol

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ooooh, I'm really enjoying this Kristen and Eric scene. I love Kristen trying to make Marlena the bad guy in all this.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

ok. I hate to say this, but in certain respects Kristen isn't exactly wrong about the "havoc" Marlena has caused in the lives of others.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This Eric/Kristen scene is VERY old school soap opera (IMO) and made of TONS of win.

six
Member Avatar

They've got a strange mix of people together today.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Sami, John/Marlena & the conference room shout out!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kristen: "Do you think Satan MADE her commit adultery?"

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Today's script is ALREADY made of win.

six
Member Avatar

IDK why Kristen is browbeating Eric, but I'm loving it.

AFaithL

Matt
May 6 2013, 12:11 PM
Sami, John/Marlena & the conference room shout out!
Which happened to be one of the hottest love scenes of all times. And I don't regret rooting for it to happen.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I am not feeling a SINGLE thing about Nicole's hair or outfit today.

cord08

I love Marlena's hair today. It's so shiny.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply