Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Jeff Branson Interview
Topic Started: May 6 2013, 04:00 PM (813 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Daytime Emmy Nominee Interview: The Young and the Restless Jeff Branson!

What episode did you submit and why did you choose it?

JEFF: It was my best stuff. Josh Griffith (head writer, Y&R) wrote me out so quickly, to no fault of his own. Itís business. I think Maria Arena Bellís Young and the Restless might have asked me to extend my stay a little bit, because things were going so well with Ronan and Phyllis, and between the whole Nick thing. There was a great relationship being formed with Michael and Ronan. So there were good things going on. I think Jill Farren Phelps (EP, Y&R) had other plans. We never had a conversation about an extension. Again, a lot was going on, and no oneís at fault here. The ball can get dropped sometimes when you take over an entire show. I did not expect to be a first priority (Laughs). But they wrote me out so quick, that this material became so potent. It had to be so amped up. All of a sudden, he had this relationship with Phyllis. He helped her. He is breaking the law for her. He kept her out of jail. He is obviously falling in love with her and then obviously, itís done. They had to eek this out in a one day; so obviously with that drunken scene, it led to a higher emotional life than Ronan usually shows. Usually, Ronan is a very emotionally controlled character, but in these scenes it gave me the opportunity to show a little bit of the chops. In the scene, Ronan is drunk and he says he is tired of always hearing, ďNick, Nick, Nick. Nick is gone and out of the picture, and he is not coming back!Ē At the end of the scene, I took my six-pack with me! (Laughs) I will go have this party somewhere else then, dammit! (Laughs)

For more click link below

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/daytime-emmy-nominee-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-jeff-branson/2013/05/05/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

And JB won't be missed.

I'm taking it he is kind of bitter that JFP dropped him in a New York Minute? His character became sh*t as soon as he started interacting with Phyllis.

"things were going so well with Ronan and Phyllis....So there were good things going on"

Get real. Branson sucked with the Stafford. And no one gave a sh*t about your relationship with Michael or Nick. The relationship people cared about (and he failed to mention) was the one with Nina.

And that scene was awful, IMO.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

"Bring back, bring back oh bring back Jeff Branson to me, to me ..." :music:

koos

I liked Branson a lot on GL... not so much on Y&R, from what little I've seen.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I never got the Ronan hype EVER. Chloe/Ronan weren't bad but...I just never thought anything was that great about Ronan.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

he was totally wasted on Phyllis and used as Phick angst. I wanted Chlonan to happen so badly. :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply