Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of May 20th; *updated 5/13*
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 12:10 AM (37,850 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL
May 8 2013, 07:50 PM
You know what I mean. He wants fans not caring if she takes him back. I won't give him him satisfaction. I'll just chalk it up to bad, out-of-character writing and a blatant attempt at character assassination on a beloved veteran actor. Happened before under Langan. John and Marlena will recover. I'm still on the train.

Bristen is dead, tho. No way should Brady want to take her back after that shit. They've ruined all possible growth Kristen could have made and took all sympathy points away from her (adopting with Brady, her decent scenes this week with him admitting she loved him, etc). I feel bad for all their fans on twitter and Facebook, but I'm off the Bristen train.

Still love Drake/Deidre together.

Eric Martsolf? They need to hire a new leading lady for him ASAP. A hot, sexy, younger actress to build a romantic pairing for him. He deserves it after getting shit on during this story. He's a fantastic actor and deserves a fantastic leading lady.
Honestly, in my head, John and Marlena are not currently on screen. They are off, somewhere, cuddling on their private jet, as their doubles courtesy of Stefano are wandering around Salem. It's the only explanation, because there is nothing remotely, outside of physical appearance, that resemble John and Marlena onscreen at the moment.

I still care. I hate it, but I do. I'm just so tired of J&M getting shitted on that I wanna slap a bitch. Preferably a bitch that works for Corday. Or Corday, whatever... I'm tired of writers who are lazy, and who make me want to hate my favorite characters. Yes, they're just characters, but we're all here for a reason. Because we spend time watching them. I hate the fact that instead of writing a story that pretty much writes itself, they create this shit. And they make me want to want John never to go near Marlena again.

The thing is, at the end of this... Corday will tout his "THE PLAN TO SAVE DAYS" with Deidre and Drake front and center on a magazine cover, claiming they're going "Back to the good old DAYS" and blah blah blah.

Deidre and Drake are MAGICAL together. I'm watching 1993 stuff right now, and the Plane just happened. They are MAGICAL. They are beautiful little unicorns together, and I hate this regime. More than I loathed Langan (because at least Marlena got to have some emotions, even though they came about thanks to ridiculousness) and more than I despised Hackley.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Ok, I take back what I said about Eric getting a new leading lady. I sill think Eileen is the best "fit" for him chemistry-wise. Yes, Bristen is still his best pairing by far (and hers, too). But they are going to have to do some fancy footwork to fix Kristen as a character. I HATE how they've fucked them up so early on.

annie
Member Avatar

Love John and Marlena, always have, always will. The only female I want to see come in for Rafe would be a female mortician and enbalmer. Kate deserves so much better than him, we all do.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Tuesday ("Sami and Kate's Fight")
Sami and Kate have a huge altercation about Kate's involvement with Rafe; Abigail finds JJ hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Angie79
May 8 2013, 11:13 PM
Sami and Kate have a huge altercation about Kate's involvement with Rafe; Abigail finds JJ hanging out with the wrong crowd.

Oh, Sami... Your "I still have feelings for Rafe" card is showing.
There's a "wrong crowd" for JJ's age bracket?! they must be extras/temp actors.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Angie79

I hope JJ stays constant in his hatred for all things Daniel for years to come (If this show has that long), please don;t let him go down the same road as Nicole, who went from disliking mocking his philandering ways to worshipping him.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
May 8 2013, 11:27 PM
Angie79

This shrew doesn't know the meaning of being faithful (to Lucas, Rafe or EJ) I don't even know why they bother to show us something that is clearly not, Ejami completely and truly 'in love' with one another. It's all lust with no substance, at least from Sami's side. I have lost faith in EJ, I thought he was smarter.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Angie79

Another of her stupid tantrums? Damnit Stompers:

Posted Image
Edited by TreasureCove, May 9 2013, 12:37 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Angie79

Cannot wait to hear what Sami and Kate say during their fight.There is usually amusing give and take when these two fight.Hope they don't disappoint.Also interested to see who is in what Abby considers to be "the wrong crowd".

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 8 2013, 11:36 PM
Angie79

Cannot wait to hear what Sami and Kate say during their fight.There is usually amusing give and take when these two fight.Hope they don't disappoint.Also interested to see who is in what Abby considers to be "the wrong crowd".
At this stage his cousin Nick IS the wrong crowd, lol.

ShaneDOOLFan

Honestly maybe its a good thing to give John and Marlena some indendence for a while. I could see them using Marlena. John not so much though.

hannahburnsblue94

Wills life hangs in the balance? I know hes gonna be ok but I'm still a little taken back I hope it leads to some real heart breaking scenes with Sonny I just love those guys so much. WilSon has been givin some real soapy goldness with this storyline, this huge story's fixing to come full circle and I cant wait, Freddie and Chandler never dissapoint.

camera shy

Laufeyson
May 8 2013, 11:33 PM
Supergirlx2
Angie79

This shrew doesn't know the meaning of being faithful (to Lucas, Rafe or EJ) I don't even know why they bother to show us something that is clearly not, Ejami completely and truly 'in love' with one another. It's all lust with no substance, at least from Sami's side. I have lost faith in EJ, I thought he was smarter.
You know a while back, Sami made this bold statement to Nick (when they believed she was the reason why he didn't want Will to be part of his daughter's life) that if he let WIll be a father to his daughter she wouldn't ever try to be part of her granddaughter's life. And Nick said he believed she believed everything she was saying at the time, but in the end, it would mean nothing because she was a liar. And I thought about when she and EJ first got together and she told him all this stuff about loving him and she only chose Rafe because that's who her family wanted her with.......she believes what she saids at the time, but in the end, it'll mean nothing. Remember what she told Lucas when he planned on going back to Hong Kong how much she loved him? Well we saw how that work out and she'll do the same to EJ. I had friends who attented that Atlanta event and JS told them to give Ejami (they're not fans of the couple) a year. Well, they've already been together for three months going on four, Rafe's new leading lady doesn't appear until Ausgust, they'll need a few months to get close and I say about Nov sweeps Sami will be entering Rafe's orbit again determined to get him back.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

camera shy
May 9 2013, 03:57 AM
Laufeyson
May 8 2013, 11:33 PM
Supergirlx2
Angie79

You know a while back, Sami made this bold statement to Nick (when they believed she was the reason why he didn't want Will to be part of his daughter's life) that if he let WIll be a father to his daughter she wouldn't ever try to be part of her granddaughter's life. And Nick said he believed she believed everything she was saying at the time, but in the end, it would mean nothing because she was a liar. And I thought about when she and EJ first got together and she told him all this stuff about loving him and she only chose Rafe because that's who her family wanted her with.......she believes what she saids at the time, but in the end, it'll mean nothing. Remember what she told Lucas when he planned on going back to Hong Kong how much she loved him? Well we saw how that work out and she'll do the same to EJ. I had friends who attented that Atlanta event and JS told them to give Ejami (they're not fans of the couple) a year. Well, they've already been together for three months going on four, Rafe's new leading lady doesn't appear until Ausgust, they'll need a few months to get close and I say about Nov sweeps Sami will be entering Rafe's orbit again determined to get him back.
But she hasn't left Rafe's orbit. EJole act like complete strangers but Safe, not so much. I smell a rat.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Keep running Rafe. Sami isn`t worth the time of day.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Ireland98
May 8 2013, 08:26 PM
AFaithL
May 8 2013, 07:25 PM
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Tomlin hates John and Marlena and wants them destroyed. He wants John acting in such a manner that John and Marlena fans will give up on the pairing. There's a reason why Roman had been hanging around so much while John has been wildly out of character. They want fans hating John. But nope. I refuse to give them the satisfaction of rooting for Marlena to dump him. Why? Because that's what they want to happen.
Tomlin hates John, Marlena, and Lucas, which is why we've seen bad writing for them. He wrote them off under his previous regime and probably wants to do it again. Instead of writing for vets or doing in character writing, Tomlin does plot point writing. (No wonder Peter R jumped ship when Tomlin returned!) John is unrecognizable. Lucas suddenly became homophobic as angst for WilSon last Fall and was also used as angst for Dannifer.
Other examples of character changes for story purposes: Chad turning psycho and then after the wedding reveal, he changed back to normal Chad. Nick returned homophobic and I assume after the birth of Arianna, we'll see Nick change back to normal Nick. Gabi was supportive of Will giving up his rights last Fall, but now she's all about Will being involved in his baby's life. Will being passive & okay w/ giving up his baby, but now fighting? EJ going to Justin for help with taking down Stefano. Nicole working as a secretary for a Church. Abigail as a virgin.
TomSell write the stories and change characters' personalities to fit the story. Not for all characters, but it's been noticeable for quite a few.
Tomlin also keeps introducing new characters and bringing in his own actors.
But anyways, yes I agree that Tomlin is writing John out of character and like a jerk on purpose.
It's been official, but it's time for me to just say it.....Tomlin is a hack. We all know it. He's just getting by on a couple of presentable stories at this point.

MarDar were boring.....Higley was a hack.....and could go back forever but this show hasn't had a really good writer in over a decade so why can anyone be surprised.

Reckell may have jumped ship over them. Remember, Lisa Rinna was on canvas then. He probably would rather leave than get the backlash of that merry-go-round again. It's just as out of character to leave him out of town, and keep his family dangling in the balance...Kill him off and give him a good Days funeral. It would make for greater shock value if he ever decides to return.

As for John and Marlena......sigh. Of ALL the people John could EVER bed, this is the one most unforgivable. Will they reunite? Inevitably, but hopefully not quickly.

AND FOR YOU TOMLIN: I have watched this show for DECADES and one thing I know is Corday, for all his faults, he gets trigger happy when jealous. GH is getting the acclaim right now and is beating Days in the ratings. Corday won't stand by forever without some sort of press, and the first people he fires.....the writers. It happens time and time again..

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

No way am I giving up on J&M either. Shitty writing isn't going to make me give up, and I'm watching the '92 storyline - Isabella just died in John's arms...next up? The Pit. Where it all began. Well, continued. J&M should be the foundation couple of Salem right now - the couple the others who are struggling - look to for advice on relationships, marriage and how to get out of a giant frickin birdcage under the streets of Paris. You know, the usual daily BS.

I do hope you're right, Daysfanatic79 - these writers need to be replaced & if they could find someone with the ability to take the next 3 months of canned bullshit they have & throw it in the ditch then torch it, so much the better. I just hope that since Tomlin's one-year is going to be up fairly soon, Corday starts shopping now & doesn't wait till the last minute to find some schlep. He needs someone who knows the history of the show, the characters & the storylines that made this show what it once was. I'd also say that they'd be well-advised to ask the vets what they'd like to see happen to/with/for their characters & let the actors & actresses give some direction to the future of the show. It'd be cool to have Deidre & Drake actually write John & Marlenas next set of wedding vows - put them in character & let them just talk from their hearts. No rehearsals together either - just let it flow & let the emotion spill onto the screen. It could be amazing! Just my never-to-be-humble opinion, of course.

james0479
Member Avatar

To me, the consistent "foundation" couple on this show needs to be Doug and Julie. But what a quick fix that would make....Julie would go over and slap the shit out of John. Yes it's a soap but there's a big sense of instability here. I DO love it when the most stable couple has a big problem because that's life and it happens. But there's no rock. There's no faith. There's nobody that's content with anything who one could or should go to for advice. Doug and Julie have that so of course we never see them and that's a very big hole in this show, for me personally.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

lazydazes
May 9 2013, 06:06 AM
Keep running Rafe. Sami isn`t worth the time of day.
Practice your sprints...run a marathon if you have to...just keep going as fast as you can, Rafe.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Angie79

oooh, this is going to be good! A Kate/Sami scene is always :popcorn: worthy. I think this is what AS alluded in that ejami centered article in SOD a while back. Personally, I don't think Sami will be upset because of her "feelings for Rafe" because she does have and romantic ones for him. Sami's viewpoint might turn out to be something else, similar to the ejami scene last week. It looked like EJ is jealous but it was just a fakeout. I guess we'll see.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, May 9 2013, 08:22 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply