Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Days" Daytime Emmy acting nominee submissions; UPDATED 5/10: Links should all work again
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 02:12 AM (2,668 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Supporting Actress nominee Arianne Zucker (Nicole)
Episode # 11933
Air Date: October 5, 2012
Content: Nicole finds out that her unborn baby has died.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkA7D-XIhI

Younger Actor nominee Chandler Massey (Will)
Episode # 11786
Air Date: February 24, 2012
Content: Will kisses Neil and later tells Marlena that he might be gay.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiG51qUzGU

Younger Actor nominee Freddie Smith (Sonny)
Episode # 11871
Air Date: June 26, 2012
Content: Sonny admits to Lucas that he has feelings for Will.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc2LMbK0Pgs

Lead Actress nominee Peggy McCay (Caroline)
Episode # TBA (exact episode not yet known)
Air Date: October, 2012
Content: Caroline deals with her memory loss.
Watch: Coming soon

BEEN SOME CONFUSION ABOUT THIS...THIS IS JUST MY "GUESS" AS TO WHAT EPISODE PEGGY McCAY MIGHT HAVE SUBMITTED...I DON'T KNOW WHAT EPISODE SHE SUBMITTED, BUT JUST WANTED TO GIVE A POSSIBLE SAMPLE OF THE TYPE OF SCENE(S) SHE WOULD HAVE SUBMITTED
**Jason47's Best Guess # 1 for Peggy's submission:
Episode # 11937
Air Date: October 11, 2012
Content: Caroline tells Bo she is scared and they visit Kayla for a diagnosis.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWk001mQD7Q

**Jason47's Best Guess # 2 for Peggy's submission:
Episode # 11942
Air Date: October 18, 2012
Content: As Caroline deals with her memory loss, she and Victor reminisce.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBdQuSP5WfU

Edited by Jason47, May 10 2013, 09:57 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason.

I'm still dying to know what scenes Galen submitted that he thought might earn him a nod.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erin_123
Member Avatar

I had a feeling that those were the scenes for Ari and Chandler. Fantastic stuff!!! They both could have submitted anything and still gotten nominated same goes for Freddie!

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 8 2013, 02:12 AM

**Jason47's Best Guess for Peggy's submission:
Episode # 11937
Air Date: October 11, 2012
Content: Caroline tells Bo she is scared and they visit Kayla for a diagnosis.
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVvjoA0SW3E
God, I hope Peggy wins. Those scenes broke my heart.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

EJamandBread
May 8 2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Jason.

I'm still dying to know what scenes Galen submitted that he thought might earn him a nod.
Don't know the date, but I do remember the episode. This is the description of what Galen Gering submitted to try to get a pre-nomination...

Rafe defends kissing Carrie; lashes out at Sami for having grief sex with EJ.

jdawg1077

Chandler knocks it out of the park in his reel. I'd be shocked if anyone beats him.

Freddie's reel is cute and capable, but nothing more. No wow factor.

Ari's reel is quite good, but I don't know if it will be good enough. I thought she had other episodes that might have been better to submit, but I could see other actress' reels being superior. One strike against her (IMO) is that in most of her scenes she doesn't even have an acting partner, it's just her.

If Peggy chooses the reel you're assuming, she might have more of a shot then I originally thought. She's really, really good. I think the edge will still go to Susan Flannery (because she's Susan Flannery after all), but I think those who were upset at Peggy's nomination might find themselves shocked on Emmy night. She's been in the acting industry for over 50 years, she has a Primetime Emmy, and she's been on Days for 30 years. All of that, plus a good reel, might garner her a Daytime Emmy after all.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow - Peggy McCay submitted a good episode...a different one than she submitted for pre-nomination contention.

No doubt in my mind now the tape for her a nomination...its just I wish she placed herself in Supporting Actress

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Great submission for Massey. Hope he set up a place for that second trophy.

jdawg1077

Mitchapalooza
May 8 2013, 03:46 PM
Wow - Peggy McCay submitted a good episode...a different one than she submitted for pre-nomination contention.

No doubt in my mind now the tape for her a nomination...its just I wish she placed herself in Supporting Actress
What did she submit for the pre-nom?

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Ari's was awesome the last 2-3 minutes.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza

That was my guess, I stated above it was just a guess!!

Don't know what she submitted.
Edited by Jason47, May 8 2013, 06:34 PM.

Bee
Member Avatar

:hail: Ari Z.

am103
Member Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if Ari and Chandler both took home trophies this year. Great material. Ari blew me away in those scenes. I'm also glad Chandler picked that specific episode. Easily his best material in all of last year. He has FLAWLESS chemistry with Deidre Hall. No doubt in my mind that he'll win.

I'm impressed by Peggy's submission. I didn't think I would be but I am. The "Lead Actress" thing still irks me but I'm warming up to it I guess. When are the Emmys this year?

Jason47
Member Avatar

am103
May 8 2013, 10:07 PM
I'm impressed by Peggy's submission. I didn't think I would be but I am.
That was just my guess for what she might have submitted. I said above I didn't know what episode she submitted, but gave my best guess for her.

Lil
Member Avatar

Ari DESTROYED me in the last 3 mins. of that clip...

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

jdawg1077
May 8 2013, 05:11 PM
Mitchapalooza

She submitted the scenes with her and Victor in the pub, where they discuss their history and Bo is in the background.

jdawg1077

Mitchapalooza
May 9 2013, 02:04 PM
jdawg1077
May 8 2013, 05:11 PM
Mitchapalooza

She submitted the scenes with her and Victor in the pub, where they discuss their history and Bo is in the background.
If that's the case, then I hope she did switch to the video that is Jason's guess. It's much better and displays a much greater range of emotion. Honestly, if this was her pre-nom submission, I'm even more surprised that she got nominated. It's just so brief and uneventful.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree - I hope she switched as well.

Geno Brady
Member Avatar

All these look like they've been taken down. Does anyone know the submissions for the Days actors at this point?

Jason47
Member Avatar

harukapingouin
May 10 2013, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know the submissions for the Days actors at this point?
Those are the correct episodes for Arianne, Freddie and Chandler. Looks like YouTube took them down though. The only submission not known yet is Peggy's.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply