Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 06:48 AM (11,385 Views)
AFaithL

I have a feeling we're gonna have Marlena apologize...for the 100th time....for ruining "poor" Sami's life via her affair with John. And when those scenes air, I'm calling bullshit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

AFaithL
May 8 2013, 11:38 PM
I have a feeling we're gonna have Marlena apologize...for the 100th time....for ruining "poor" Sami's life via her affair with John. And when those scenes air, I'm calling bullshit.
As far as I am concerned she doesn't owe anybody an apology. She's paid enough. If Sami wants to keep acting like a grown child it's her prerogative and has nothing to do with Marlena.
Edited by Laufeyson, May 8 2013, 11:42 PM.

soapgal
Member Avatar

ED was amazing today! I want her to have her happy ending too! Agree with everyone who said this was an Emmy reel for her.

Nothing was better than Ejill! I love their relationship and how EJ is always trying to bring Will and Sami closer. I rewound and played back their conversation about being a father like 10x. So sweet. I'm so happy Sami finally found someone who loves her unconditionally. AS was great today. So glad the real Sami is back. No more plaid! Love how Ejami are always touching. So cute.

Only parts of the show I ff today were Jen and JJ. I thought that made it a pretty good show.

Jason47
Member Avatar

I don't know if this was discussed, but I just checked out the "dancing scene" again, and look at the male extra in the front. He has his cellphone out and turned on, as though he's taking a video of the dancer. If the extra had a phone, it would normally just be a prop and not turned on, yet his phone is clearly turned on and pointed at the dancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJg42dtAc8

Is it two rule-breaking extras or some odd stunt by Days??
Edited by Jason47, May 9 2013, 02:40 AM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I hope random dancing girl is a new friend of JJ's. I would really like to see more of her.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I want to think these extras just said "Screw it." and planned something this crazy and DAYS just couldn't be bothered to edit it. She really did seem like the focus of the scene though towards the last few seconds. Very, very strange. Plus "the dancing extra" isn't exactly going to get DAYS any type of buzz. The only people I've seen talk about it are people who always watch the show anyway.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, May 9 2013, 05:46 AM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Jason47
May 9 2013, 02:36 AM
I don't know if this was discussed, but I just checked out the "dancing scene" again, and look at the male extra in the front. He has his cellphone out and turned on, as though he's taking a video of the dancer. If the extra had a phone, it would normally just be a prop and not turned on, yet his phone is clearly turned on and pointed at the dancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJg42dtAc8

Is it two rule-breaking extras or some odd stunt by Days??
Jason, they had a casting call for a juggler and his GF who would be taping him. Is it possible they substituted the dancing woman for the juggler?

Sweet and Salty

soapgal
May 9 2013, 12:15 AM
ED was amazing today! I want her to have her happy ending too! Agree with everyone who said this was an Emmy reel for her.

Nothing was better than Ejill! I love their relationship and how EJ is always trying to bring Will and Sami closer. I rewound and played back their conversation about being a father like 10x. So sweet. I'm so happy Sami finally found someone who loves her unconditionally. AS was great today. So glad the real Sami is back. No more plaid! Love how Ejami are always touching. So cute.

Only parts of the show I ff today were Jen and JJ. I thought that made it a pretty good show.
I DO like how EJ fairly consistently try's to get Sami and Will to bond better, but wish they'd build a better relationship with him and Lucas. In other word...write Lucas into his life more.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Ireland98
May 8 2013, 08:36 PM
Will is an adult now and has separate relationships with Lucas, Rafe, and EJ. That's all I see it as. Will has had a good amount of scenes with all three.
That's just not true. We rarely see Lucas period, and there are virtually no lucas/will scenes. Last couple of times we've seen lucas he's had scenes with everyone else but Will.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 9 2013, 07:23 AM
Ireland98
Will is an adult now and has separate relationships with Lucas, Rafe, and EJ. That's all I see it as. Will has had a good amount of scenes with all three.
That's just not true. We rarely see Lucas period, and there are virtually no lucas/will scenes. Last couple of times we've seen lucas he's had scenes with everyone else but Will.
Will is secondary anyway. Sami even told Stefano this is about her getting to see her grandchild. Will is irrelevant.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
May 9 2013, 07:31 AM
LuvingLumi
Ireland98
Will is secondary anyway. Sami even told Stefano this is about her getting to see her grandchild. Will is irrelevant.
Which is the biggest issue of all, because she should be secondary in this story. The fact that it becomes all about Sami is so wrong

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 8 2013, 11:42 PM
AFaithL
As far as I am concerned she doesn't owe anybody an apology. She's paid enough. If Sami wants to keep acting like a grown child it's her prerogative and has nothing to do with Marlena.
Truth! She owed them an apology, absolutely. For hurting them, for betraying their trust, and her guilt was very in character for her. But at some point, you just can't use that excuse anymore. Sami's used it since the day it happened, to be who she wants to be instead of a human being with empathy.

I just wish someone would look at all this beautiful history that DAYS has from the 80s and some of the 90s, and use it. Because they're just bullshitting their way to do some lazy crap.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 8 2013, 07:33 PM
The Room Stops
May 8 2013, 01:01 PM
lysie
May 8 2013, 12:57 PM
DiMeraFan67
May 8 2013, 12:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The problem with it is the same problem I had when MarDar brought everyone back in 2011. You can't bring back characters and not truly reintroduce them. You can't expect every viewer to pick up where the characters left off because many weren't watching then. Kristen absolutely should blame Marlena, but there's been very little opposition to her story. That makes it seem true. It's the same thing that happened with Jennifer, Daniel, and Melanie's retelling of Jack's story.
Exactly. They aren't telling the story based on what happened. They are choosing to pick some little things and then just bullshitting the rest to tell it.

That story is one of the most loved stories in Daytime. Yes, it was camp as hell, but people LOVED it. There's no need to write anything all over, because there's so much to go on already.

New viewers are being told Kristen's side, while Marlena, minus a few scenes, has just being standing there and taken it when people have told her she's wrong. And nobody's really telling Kristen "Yeah, that ain't what happened". Which makes for a boring story IMO.
They've been doing the same thing with EJ and Lucas.

EJ was kept away from Johnny because of rape, torture, and terrorism, which is being completely glossed over. Making it almost seem like everything was just a hilarious misunderstanding and he was really father of the year. His situation does not match Will's.

When Lucas first came back EJ accused him of being a dead-beat dad who abandoned his children. No one corrected him. Those of us who've watched the show for years know that's not true, newer viewers don't.

These daddy-bonding scenes between Will and EJ while Lucas is no where to be seen are complete bullshit
That Ejill convo was one that Will should have been having with his father, Lucas; the fact that it was with Ej was pure bullshit.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

^i expect nothing more from the current Regime at Days
Edited by LuvingLumi, May 9 2013, 08:01 AM.

AFaithL

The Room Stops
May 9 2013, 07:52 AM
Laufeyson
May 8 2013, 11:42 PM
AFaithL
Truth! She owed them an apology, absolutely. For hurting them, for betraying their trust, and her guilt was very in character for her. But at some point, you just can't use that excuse anymore. Sami's used it since the day it happened, to be who she wants to be instead of a human being with empathy.

I just wish someone would look at all this beautiful history that DAYS has from the 80s and some of the 90s, and use it. Because they're just bullshitting their way to do some lazy crap.
The fact that Marlena has apologized at least 20 times already for her "big sin" to Roman and especially to Sami (who continues to treat her like crap), yet they keep bringing it up, makes me unsympathetic to their plight.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 9 2013, 07:48 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi
Ireland98
Which is the biggest issue of all, because she should be secondary in this story. The fact that it becomes all about Sami is so wrong
Almost everything has to involve Sami in some way, some more than others but she's always there even when not needed.

S loves EJ

magicsteacher
May 9 2013, 07:55 AM
TreasureCove
The Room Stops
lysie
May 8 2013, 12:57 PM

Exactly. They aren't telling the story based on what happened. They are choosing to pick some little things and then just bullshitting the rest to tell it.

That story is one of the most loved stories in Daytime. Yes, it was camp as hell, but people LOVED it. There's no need to write anything all over, because there's so much to go on already.

New viewers are being told Kristen's side, while Marlena, minus a few scenes, has just being standing there and taken it when people have told her she's wrong. And nobody's really telling Kristen "Yeah, that ain't what happened". Which makes for a boring story IMO.

EJ was kept away from Johnny because of rape, torture, and terrorism, which is being completely glossed over. Making it almost seem like everything was just a hilarious misunderstanding and he was really father of the year. His situation does not match Will's.

When Lucas first came back EJ accused him of being a dead-beat dad who abandoned his children. No one corrected him. Those of us who've watched the show for years know that's not true, newer viewers don't.

These daddy-bonding scenes between Will and EJ while Lucas is no where to be seen are complete bullshit
That Ejill convo was one that Will should have been having with his father, Lucas; the fact that it was with Ej was pure bullshit.

haven´t Lucas and Will already had this conversation when everyone first found out that Will was the father Lucas said something about how Will would feel the moment he first sees/hold his child. Anyway I loved Sami on Wednesday´s show she was hilarious.
Edited by S loves EJ, May 9 2013, 08:39 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 9 2013, 08:38 AM
magicsteacher
May 9 2013, 07:55 AM
TreasureCove
The Room Stops

haven´t Lucas and Will already had this conversation when everyone first found out that Will was the father Lucas said something about how Will would feel the moment he first sees/hold his child.
when nick eavesdrop them it plot that nick will find out about will shooting ej

it Needle in a haystack compare to will talking with ej

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

It seems EJ/Will scenes matter MORE than Will/Lucas scenes, as others have said before me, it's bullsh*t!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 9 2013, 08:15 AM
LuvingLumi
May 9 2013, 07:48 AM
lysie
LuvingLumi

Almost everything has to involve Sami in some way, some more than others but she's always there even when not needed.
Just wait, we're about to see Sami turn Kate and Rafe's relationship and make it all about her and then i'm sure she'll make Rafe's beating about her too.

I'm just waiting to see how she'll make Ericole about her. Selfish doesn't even describe her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply