Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 06:48 AM (11,380 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

blueskies
May 9 2013, 08:52 AM
Laufeyson
May 9 2013, 08:15 AM
LuvingLumi
May 9 2013, 07:48 AM
lysie
May 9 2013, 07:31 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Which is the biggest issue of all, because she should be secondary in this story. The fact that it becomes all about Sami is so wrong
Almost everything has to involve Sami in some way, some more than others but she's always there even when not needed.
Just wait, we're about to see Sami turn Kate and Rafe's relationship and make it all about her and then i'm sure she'll make Rafe's beating about her too.

I'm just waiting to see how she'll make Ericole about her. Selfish doesn't even describe her.
Don't you know? Nicole's trying to hurt Sami by hurting Eric!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Steven Williford
Scriptwriter: Melissa Salmons

Segment 1: Jen and JJ hug, happy to see each other. Jen - It's 3 weeks until your semester is over. Why aren't you in school? JJ - All of my exams were take home essays. I knocked those out early; there was no reason to hang around. I came home to surprise you. Jen - I am surprised but your teachers are okay, right? JJ - Of course. Maybe I'm the one who should be worried. It's just not your usual look Mom, what have you been up to?

Nick is working on his laptop when Vargas closes it and sits down. Nick - We shouldn't be seen together Vargas. Vargas - Why not? Mamacita knows we're old buddies. Nick - It's not smart. You don't want people asking questions about what we're doing. Vargas - I've got a lot of questions. How's my money doing Nicky. Cue fb of search for money.

Will is with Gabi in the Kiriakis living room. He brought over a dashboard for the baby. Gabi points out she won't be able to operate this thing until she's at least a year old. Will knows but it's a limited edition at a great deal; he couldn't miss out on it. Gabi - Are you worried that you're not going to be around when she's a year old, is that it? Will - No. Gabi - Nick's not going to keep you away. Will - No, he won't. Gabi - You're starting to believe that. What's changed?

When Sami says Stefano wants her to bring the evidence to the house Bernardi continues to play dumb. What evidence?

Brady comes down the stairs at the Di mansion and asks EJ if he's seen Kristen. EJ just walked in the door; he hasn't seen anyone. Brady - Your Dad said she came home but he has no idea where she is. I need to find her. Her car's in the driveway. Do you have any idea where she might be. Brady curses when Kristen doesn't answer her cell. EJ - Goodness, you seem more unhinged than usual. Please don't tell me there's trouble in paradise. Brady - Stop smirking. Everything's fine. EJ - I'm sure it is. I hope my sister hasn't come to her senses and done a run. Brady - You're hilarious. EJ - Wedding is still on then? Brady - Yes. EJ - Splendid, can't wait.

Kristen asks John what he's doing here. John - I think it's time that you and I finish what we started, don't you? Kristen - I don't want to play. John - It's not a game. Kristen - How the hell did you get in here? John holds up a key. Everyone's got a price and this didn't come cheap. Kristen - Whoever sold you that key, are they aware of what could happen to them if my Father found out? You need to leave. Security is going to be making their rounds and as much as I'd love to see you hauled out of here ... John - It's not going to happen. Security is not going to be down here for an hour and 58 mins. Yeah, I also have a schedule for everyone who works in this mausoleum so we've got plenty of time. And once I saw you come down to this room ... Kristen - You're spying on me. John - Here we are. Kristen - I really want to be alone. Please get out. John - Is that what you really want. Kristen - Yes. You don't get it. This is over. I'm done. I'm finally, finally done.

Segment 2: Sami grabs the cop's arm when he turns to leave. Stefano wants me to take this. He sent me. Bernardi - I don't understand why you keep mentioning ... Sami - Stefano DiMera does not want to be seen with you in public so he sent me so I can bring it into the house without suspicion. Bernardi - I don't know what it you're talking about. Sami - The evidence. It's in your backpack. Bernardi - Ma'am, with all due respect, you're nuts. I don't know Stefano DiMera. I work for the Salem PD and your Dad. I'd never do anything for criminal scum like DiMera. He walks away, Sami chases him.

Jen - What, you don't like my outfit? JJ - No, it's good. You just look a little frazzled. Jen - I just have a lot going on these days. JJ asks if that Anne woman is still doggin' her. Jen - She tries but I think I have her backed off for a while. It's not just my job. When I was talking to you on the phone last you were rushed and I'm not sure I was clear. JJ - About what? Jen - About how important it's become and it's kind of a big deal ... Abby comes home and gives her brother a hug.

Vargas - What's going on with my money? Nick - I'm trying to build up your capital. Like I said it's going to take time to find the right opportunities. Vargas - But you're on it. Nick - Yeah. Vargas - Okay, that wasn't so hard, was it? I realise you're not a magician. I just want to know that it's a priority and I haven't been reassured lately. How come I have the feeling there's something you're not telling me here. Nick - Because there is.

Gabi - You're excited about Arianna in a way I've never seen before. Will - It's just getting closer. Does it feel real to you? Gabi - It's a little different. We're getting so close to meeting her and please don't be worried about being in her life because you are going to be in her life because that's what I want. And Nick is not going to keep you away. Will - I know that. Everything is going to work out fine.

Sami chases Bernardi stomping through the square and corners him in the park. You do not want to tick off Stefano DiMera. Bernardi - I'm trying to be nice out of respect for the Commissioner ... Sami - If you don't give me that evidence Stefano is going to come asking you why. Bernardi - I don't know Stefano. Sami - You think I'm wearing a mic, is that what this is about? This is not a trick. Bernardi - For the last time I'm telling you ... Sami - You met Stefano here. I know you did. You met in this exact spot and he instructed you to get that evidence. I know. I was here. I saw the whole thing. Bernardi - If that's true then you heard I'm supposed to bring the evidence straight to him, no cut-outs. Sami - The plan changed. Bernardi pulls out his phone. Sami - What are you doing? Bernardi - Calling Mr. DiMera.

Segment 3: Jen goes upstairs to change. Abby - You look a lot better than the last time I seen you. JJ - Dad's funeral. I don't remember anything that happened that week; it's a total blur. A lot's changed since then. When Abby asks why he's home early he tells her the same thing he told Jen. Abby - Don't even. What's really going on?

Gabi and Will talk about Gabi's pregancy and her cravings. Will - Weirdest combo, go ... Gabi - Tamales and cookie dough frozen yogurt. Will - Eww! You didn't eat that together. She did. Will - No one would sell you that stuff together. She tells him the places Nick went to pick them up for her. Will - So he looks out for you? Gabi - Definitely. Will - So you two are happy? Gabi - Sure, for the most part everything is great. Will - For the most part. Gabi - Nick's stressed at work. He can deal, it's not a big deal. I'm late to meet up with him. I'll walk you to the door.

Sami grabs the phone. Stefano is in a very important meeting and he does not want to be disturbed. Bernardi - Geez lady, look, I know Stefano didn't send you. I don't know what your angle is but this is suicide for you. You don't mess with the DiMera's. Sami - Please listen to me. I can make this worth your while.

Dan is with Maggie near the nurse's station. Maggie hates to ask him for a favour when he's so busy. It's about Brady. You know he's not speaking to most of his family because of Kristen. Dan knows. Maggie - It's a lot of stress for someone in recovery. I'm worried about him slipping. He's convinced himself that he can have a couple of drinks with Kristen and it's not a problem for him. Dan - You're his sponsor, talk to him. Maggie - I would if I thought he would hear it. He knows I don't approve of the drinks and Kristen. Dan - You want me to talk to him. Maggie - Check in with him. Make sure he's coping with everything. Ever since he's gotten involved with Kristen ... Dan - I don't think Kristen is the problem.

Kristen - Why are you still here? John - You know why. Too much between us. You can't just say that it's over and make it so. Kristen - I can say that. Your ego is so huge ... John - I don't know what you want. Kristen - No, you don't know what I want. You don't know what I'm feeling. John - Okay then why don't you tell me. Kristen - I want to be free of the past. I want to get rid of these strings that are attached to my neck and pulling me backwards and making me feel controlled. And I'm wallowing constantly in what I've lost in my life. John - And that's why you came down here. Kristen - Your son is so wonderful and he's so loving. He's such a beautiful human being. He deserves only the best from the people around him. What's happening between you and me is not fair too him and that's why it has to end. John - What ends? What are you trying to say? Kristen - I just want to make it clean. I want to make things right. I want it to be clean ... she looks in a box with a lot of her wedding stuff ... John - And? Kristen - I want what I've been dreaming about for years. I want my happy ending.

Segment 4: JJ insists nothing is going on. Abby doesn't buy it. JJ - I just got home and I'm really jetlagged so can I get a one day reprieve on this big sister thing. Abby - Fine, one day. JJ - So Cameron. Abby can't wait for him to meet him. He's such a good guy. JJ - You deserve that. Abby - We all do. You, me and mom. Things are getting better not just for me and Cameron but mom too. She's really happy with Daniel.

Nick - I'm getting squeezed from every direction. I've got a witch of a control freak boss who expects 18 hr days; a wife with a baby that is due ... Vargas - None of that is my problem. Nick - It will be if you push me. I want to make good decisions with your money. Vargas - Smart move. Nick - Well that takes a clear head and a little oxygen. So give me some time, it will be worth your while. Vargas - Fine but not too long Nicky. I'm not a patient man and I hate excuses. Gabi walks up. Is everything okay?

EJ is at the pub when Will comes in. Any news? EJ - Not yet. Will - I thought Stefano's guy was going to get the evidence really soon at least that's what mom said. EJ - I'm meeting your mother here so why don't you wait. We'll find out when she gets here. Will sits down. EJ - Relax. We're going to make sure this turns out alright. Your mother told me you're worried. Will - Of course I'm worried. My mom is handling it. EJ - She is. Will - I still feel better that you're involved. EJ - Always. It was good of you to let your mother take care of this for you. It let her know you trust her, at least allow her the chance to make it up. Will - Kind of like you're doing with Stefano. EJ - I wouldn't compare your mother to my father. Will - No, not even when I was the most angry with her. Now that I think about it though there are definitely some similarities. EJ - If you ever decide to mention that to your mother give me a head's up so I can get a headstart out the door. Will - I'm kind of being serious though. I never thought I could trust Mom and I definitely never thought I could trust Stefano but he's coming through for me and so is Mom.

Sami offers Bernardi the money she stole from Nick. Give me the backpack and it's all yours. Bernardi - And I'd be dead before I could spend a dime. Sami - This is important Joe. You have no idea how important. I need that evidence. Joe - You think I'm going to double cross Stefano DiMera, really! Sami tries to get the backpack from him. She jumps on his back. He calls her a crazy bitch. He dumps her on the bench and takes off running. Sami picks up the stolen money and starts uttering threats. You are going to be sorry you crossed me.

Brady comes back into the living room via the terrace. Where the hell is she. The doorbell rings. It's Daniel. Do you have a minute? Brady - Bad time, no I don't. Dan - Make time, this is important.

John - And what does your happy ending look like? Kristen - Do you recognise any of the things down here John? John - Should I? Kristen - Yeah. They were from our wedding. Here's the veil, the candle. All down here gathering dust for the last 15 years. She pulls out a string of pearls. My mother wore these on her wedding day. I was supposed to wear it on mine but I never did. John - What about when you married Tony? Kristen - No, that wasn't a real marriage. I was saving this for the right marriage and for the right man. It was supposed to be you. John - Are you going to wear it when you marry Brady? Kristen - No. I'm going to wear this. Jennifer lent it to me. It's supposed to symobolize new beginnings. John - Well, it's something borrowed. Kristen - And it's blue. It's kind of weird. It reminded me of all the stuff down here, all the things that never happened for me. All the things I missed. John - Everything you just said you wanted to be free from. Kristen - I did say that, didn't I? Maybe the past hasn't let go of me after all. Maybe it never will.

Segment 5: Abby - Daniel's a really good guy. You're going to like him, trust me. JJ - Good. Are you going to show me around town? Jen - Can you give JJ and me a minute. I want to talk to him alone.

Vargas - You two have a good afternoon. He leaves. Gabi - That guy is so creepy. I don't think I like you talking to him. Nick - He's just trying to get settled on the outside. It's hard for a lot of guys. Gabi - For good reason. Nick - Yeah. It's a small town though. I'm going to see him around. Gabi - Please for me and Arianna can you try and stay away from him. Nick - I'll do what I can.

Will - Do you remember the first time you saw Johnny? EJ - Every second. There was considerable effort expended to keep me away from Johnny when he was born but when I finally had the chance, your mother put him in my arms and it was like the entire room just melted away. The only thing I could hear was his breathing. I knew what mattered, what my job was and that was to keep him safe from that minute. Will - You were a Dad. Were you scared at the time? EJ - No I was enthralled. 10 mins later I was terrified. I didn't know how to be a good father. I didn't know how to be a good anything. Will - You were, you became a great Dad. EJ - You should take heart in that. I had further to go in that then you do. Will - You don't know that. EJ - I do. You're a great brother. You'll be a fantastic father. You will love your daughter just the way Samantha loves you. She'll do anything for you, you know that. Will - You are selling her hard today. EJ - She loves fiercely which has it's hazards. You could do a lot worse in a parent. Will - Maybe. Let's hope I'm not too much like Mom though. Sami stomps up upside the pub and then gathers herself and goes in. Will - Is it done? Is the evidence destroyed?

Dan - I'm concerned about you. Brady - I'm fine. I'm just in the middle of ... Dan - And I'm not the only one. When I saw you earlier in the square today I was already worried but now .. what is it? Stress, the family coming down on you ... Brady - What is this? Is this Maggie having you check up on me? Dan - I told her I'd talk to you. Brady - I'm not using drugs. Dan - Don't be mad at her for caring about you. Brady - I'm not. Dan - You've been walking around all day mad ... Brady - Don't I have a right to be mad? Dan - Even if you did ... Brady rants about his Dad. He's running around town trying to break up my relationship with Kristen. You don't even know about the damage he's already done. He tries it again he's going to pay.

John - I know what you mean. Kristen - Do you? John - It kind of sneaks up on you, doesn't it? Moving forward with your life, everything is going fine, all is forgotten. All of a sudden you find something. It could be a box of pictures, an old jersey, just some piece of a good time and all those memories just come flooding back. Kristen - John. This is the room I kept Marlena prisoner in. Who knows how long I would have kept her here after we were supposed to be married. That's how far it went with me. So do you really think you could find some stupid little league jersey and it's all going to be wiped away. John - No because that's not the way it is.

Segment 6: JJ - Is something wrong? Jen - Yeah. I emailed your school to find out why they didn't tell me you were coming home early and their reply was puzzling. JJ - Don't be mad at them Mom. I told them I wanted to surprise you. Jen - Is there something else that you want to tell me.

Sami - I haven't heard anything yet but there's no reason to worry. It's Stefano DiMera we're talking about. He gets what he wants. It's going to happen. Will - Soon? Sami - Very! Will - As much as I want to rip the agreement up and throw it in Nick's face tomorrow, I think I'll wait. Sami - I agree. There's no reason to rush. Will - At least until the baby is born because I don't want Nick to freak out and stress Gabi out. I don't want to make it any tougher on her than it has to be. EJ - Are things difficult for her at the moment? Will - Yeah. It's tense. Gabi says Nick is under a lot of pressure at work but I feel there's something else going on.

Gabi asks Nick if he wants to go shopping. Today is changing tables and layettes. Nick - I'm still so bogged down with stuff Kate wanted yesterday. Is there any way you can go without me? I'm sorry. Text me pictures. It will kind of be like I'm there. Gabi - Will came by with a present for Arianna. He's really looking forward to being a dad. Nick - Good for him. Gabi - Really? Nick - Yeah. Gabi - I hope you mean that. She kisses him and leaves.

Sami asks Will if he's said hi to Grandma. Will goes to see her. EJ - What happened? Sami - Epic, epic fail. EJ - Did he get the evidence? Sami - Oh he had no trouble getting the evidence. He smuggled it out in his backpack. EJ - But. Sami - He wouldn't hand it over to me. I tried everything. EJ - Treading lightly the entire time right because anything else would be a complete ... Sami - I understand that. By the time I finally got him to admit that he really does work for Stefano it was clear to him that Stefano did not send me. And at that point there was not a tremendous amount of room for subtlety. EJ - Would you mind telling what it was exactly that you did. Sami - Well at one point I offered him Nick's 30 thousand dollars. EJ - We need to clean out that purse. Did he call Stefano? Sami - I stopped him from doing that but I know that I just bought us a little bit of time. EJ - You do know that he has to report back to him. Sami - What's he going to say? Any version of that story makes him seem utterly incompetent so maybe he won't tell him. EJ - Maybe! We can't count on that. What happens if he does tell Stefano? Sami - Stefano will be livid. I'll come up with a story. EJ - It's just not that easy. Sami - I'm good at cover stories. I'll come up with something. EJ gets a call has he to take. Sami is going to run an errand. EJ - Please try to not get in any trouble.

Harold comes in to dust but sees someone in the room. He'll come back later. Brady asks if he seen Kristen. Harold - Yes. She asked for the keys to the old wine cellar. Brady - Why would she want to go down there? Harold - Some items from her previous wedding are stored down there. Brady - I see. Thank you. Dan - This place freaks me out. I'm out of here. You go find Kristen. Brady - Thanks. Dan - Really? I'm on your side. Brady - I know you are. I just wish everybody else was.

John - I'm never going to forget what you've done to me and Marlena but I'll be honest with you. You made me look closely at my actions back then. Kristen - Really? John - I wasn't innocent. I can see that now. It's kind of easy being a Monday morning quarterback after all this time but I should have been honest with you and myself about my feelings for Marlena. I was trying to damn hard to believe that I was over her that I doubled down on you and that wasn't fair. For what it's worth, at the time, I wanted it to be true. I wanted to be over her. Kristen - Well forget that. She's the love of your life. She always has been and she always will be. John - Things change. Feelings change, you know that. Kristen - So now that I'm involved with Brady you probably hate me more than ever. John - Don't, don't ... I don't hate you Kristen. Kristen - Then what. John - Good question. My feelings for you, they're complicated.

Segment 7: JJ - No, there's nothing else to tell. Jen gets a call. I'm going to take this upstairs. You stay right here. I'll be right back. The doorbell rings. JJ answers it. It's Daniel. JJ, wow, you look a lot like you're pictures. I'm ... JJ - I know who you are.

EJ is on his cell in the pub - So the certificates were filed? Good work Justin. We've never done business there so my father's not going to know where to look. I think we're on schedule. I'll be in touch. Will is on his cell. Yeah Rafe, I have some time. I'll be at the pub. Come over. He looks around. Where did everyone go?

Sami is in the park practicing what she's going to say to Stefano. Someone puts their hand over her mouth.

Kristen - I guess complicated is better then sheer hatred, isn't it? You can see yourself out. I'll give you 10 mins ... She opens the door, John closes it. She turns in his arms. There's a knock on the door. It's Brady. Kristen, are you in there?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
May 9 2013, 08:48 AM
It seems EJ/Will scenes matter MORE than Will/Lucas scenes, as others have said before me, it's bullsh*t!
I think the EJill scenes today were as much about setting up the next parts of the story as about EJill bonding: EJ's reminiscing about Johnny sets up the scenes where he overhears Johnny talking about Rafe, the talk about Sami's love wreaking havoc sets up what is going to happen with Nabi/Wilson.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Laufeyson
It seems EJ/Will scenes matter MORE than Will/Lucas scenes, as others have said before me, it's bullsh*t!
Ej and Will's entire 'relationship' is bullshit. He shot the guy and now they are best friends overnight. Ej many moons ago told Sami to choose between Will and him...he shot him, he knows he wasn't a good father and he's behaving as if he was.... I can't take BS writing, I've had my fill

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

They can find some other way to set up the scenes, I'm not interested in EJ/Will bonding scenes when they continue to sideline his real father Lucas.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 9 2013, 08:56 AM
Laufeyson
Ej and Will's entire 'relationship' is bullshit. He shot the guy and now they are best friends overnight. Ej many moons ago told Sami to choose between Will and him...he shot him, he knows he wasn't a good father and he's behaving as if he was.... I can't take BS writing, I've had my fill
I'm with you 1000%

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

gailwinters
May 9 2013, 08:55 AM
Laufeyson
I think the EJill scenes today were as much about setting up the next parts of the story as about EJill bonding: EJ's reminiscing about Johnny sets up the scenes where he overhears Johnny talking about Rafe, the talk about Sami's love wreaking havoc sets up what is going to happen with Nabi/Wilson.
Perhaps if that was was there only one talk
i do not see will telling ej nick problem that will gay set to anything

james0479
Member Avatar

Dancing extra cracked me up. I agree with the poster who asked if that was supposed to be the juggler we saw on a casting note months ago. I'm assuming all eyes would be on the juggler so there's no witnesses to Sami chasing a cop/henchman. Apparently, they don't juggle like they used to so Mrs. Booty Shuggling Extra stepped in.

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh and ummm....JJ is mine. I have a very...hard time concentrating on his dialogue. I'm a fan already. Sorry :).

ges
Member Avatar

james0479
May 9 2013, 09:35 AM
Oh and ummm....JJ is mine. I have a very...hard time concentrating on his dialogue. I'm a fan already. Sorry :).
He's too young for you. Don't be a creep.

Lil
Member Avatar

It took me 2 plus hours to watch this frigging episode and a break in between because I just kept rewinding and watching that crazy lady "dancing" in HTS...OMG I haven't laughed this hard in MONTHS!!! I love director's DAYS off!!!! And the camera all shaking and shifting everywhere just made it extra hilarious LOL I am starting to erupt in laughter just thinking about it!!!

I also noticed Maggie's not so poofy hair today. Weird!

I woudl say I enjoyed John and Kristen, but seriously...that extra was THE WHOLE SHOW for me LOL

Jason47
Member Avatar

gailwinters
May 9 2013, 06:13 AM
Jason47
May 9 2013, 02:36 AM
I don't know if this was discussed, but I just checked out the "dancing scene" again, and look at the male extra in the front. He has his cellphone out and turned on, as though he's taking a video of the dancer. If the extra had a phone, it would normally just be a prop and not turned on, yet his phone is clearly turned on and pointed at the dancer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJg42dtAc8

Is it two rule-breaking extras or some odd stunt by Days??
Jason, they had a casting call for a juggler and his GF who would be taping him. Is it possible they substituted the dancing woman for the juggler?

Guy juggling for his girlfriend (U/5)
Tape Date: 1/17/13
Role: Caucasian, Mid to late 20's. A nice, handsome, regular guy, laughing and juggling some apples while his girlfriend video tapes it in a park. NOT looking for a professional juggler. Must be a good juggler, with confident basic juggling moves, but nothing fancy.

Perhaps you are on to something, Gail. If the juggler doesn't show up in the next week or so, then maybe he was replaced with the dancer.

Still strange though, and for what they did in the scene, that was more of a "featured extra" to me, than a U/5, since she didn't speak and no one interacted with her.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I love when everyone gets into Nancy Drew mode trying to decipher clues to storylines/appearances (present, future, & historical).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Matt
May 9 2013, 11:00 AM
I love when everyone gets into Nancy Drew mode trying to decipher clues to storylines/appearances (present, future, & historical).
My sleuthing didn't work this time though :(

I was looking up some of the female extras listed on the recent parking clearances I have, but none matched the dancing woman.

On her website though, one of the extras, Samantha Zweben, did say she booked a day player role in March, so she'll be airing sometime in July in a speaking role.

Lil
Member Avatar

specialcases
May 8 2013, 03:40 PM
Ellie
May 8 2013, 02:32 PM
The show is just completely missing the boat with this J&M/Kristen story. Deidre, Drake and Eileen were all magic together in the 90's storyline. They're all still there now, Days. But what do we have? Most of Eileen's scenes are with Eric, though while he's doing a fine job, is not the caliber of those three. Marlena has been relegated to having mopey conversations with Hope and Roman, and Drake's scenes with Eileen feature discussions about a warped version of history, with very few flashbacks, almost none of them meaningful. Days needs to come all out and address the secret room story, perhaps in some sort of recap episode (Johnny can't sleep, John tells him a story), then they need Kristen's lines to actually reflect what happened, then they need to feature flashbacks of the actual main events, including Susan, rather than throwaway plot points like little gifts. Marlena needs to resume a central role in the story, figuring out what John is up to and launching her own campaign against Kristen. But as always, Days is just circling the airport instead of getting things right.
THIS!! :hail:
Same here!!! :rockon:

Lil
Member Avatar

specialcases
May 8 2013, 03:44 PM
I'm still only about 20 minutes into the episode after about an hour. I had to rewind that HTS scene about 20 times to try and understand what was going on ROTFLMFAO! She reminded me of Elaine from Seinfeld with the dancing.....it was SO random and SO bizarre. It was the case of an over-zealous (or epileptic) extra, a camera-man with a sense of humor, and a director who called in sick that day! WOW....even the redheaded extra behind her started to burst out laughing as the scene was ending. That was pure magic wtfery
:hail:

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!!!

I couldn't stop watching it either lol

Lil
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 8 2013, 10:41 PM
They made no attempt to edit her out though, in fact the camera centered and froze on her a couple of seconds before the scene switched to Stompers and henchman.
The cameraman was laughing too hard? I mean the camera DID go all wonky when she was dancing away hahahaha

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

gailwinters
Laufeyson
I think this is exactly what the deal was.

It's not as if EJ and Will's friendship has happened overnight. They were shown to grow closer during the year or so that Will was working for EJ. EJ mentioned the other day that his previous conversation with Will had gone well and Sami agreed. Will certainly showed his loyalty to EJ during the Daysaster stuff. Will has had at least one conversation with Lucas about the impact of becoming a father (a really, really well done scene as I recall). I don't think it's realistic that a young man would have conversations about fatherhood with just their own Dad - and I also like the aspect that Will knows what a shit EJ was when he became a father. So it makes sense that he'd be curious to hear the impact it had on EJ - and how quickly it happened.

I do think they are missing a lot of subtext by keeping Lucas so far removed from the story and it's a shame. But I don't think it's being done in order to insert EJ into the story. I'm not sure it would make any difference at all if EJ were there or not - Lucas likely would still not be featured.

Brewster
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 11:20 AM
gailwinters
Laufeyson

It's not as if EJ and Will's friendship has happened overnight. They were shown to grow closer during the year or so that Will was working for EJ. EJ mentioned the other day that his previous conversation with Will had gone well and Sami agreed. Will certainly showed his loyalty to EJ during the Daysaster stuff. Will has had at least one conversation with Lucas about the impact of becoming a father (a really, really well done scene as I recall). I don't think it's realistic that a young man would have conversations about fatherhood with just their own Dad - and I also like the aspect that Will knows what a shit EJ was when he became a father. So it makes sense that he'd be curious to hear the impact it had on EJ - and how quickly it happened.

I do think they are missing a lot of subtext by keeping Lucas so far removed from the story and it's a shame. But I don't think it's being done in order to insert EJ into the story. I'm not sure it would make any difference at all if EJ were there or not - Lucas likely would still not be featured.
I agree completely.

Honestly, it bothers me a lot that Lucas is not on more- but that is a completely separate thought for me from what I thought about EJ & Will yesterday. I loved their scenes and love their interaction. In this particular story, it makes sense that EJ is involved because Will's mother is romantically involved with him and it is EJ's father from whom they sought assistance. That doesn't mean that in addition to the lovely interaction between EJ & Will that I would not love to also see more Lucas/Will interaction.

Unfortunately, this writing team does not want to write for Lucas and that doesn't have anything to do with the character of EJ I don't think. It is a shame though because aside from enjoying Lucas myself, this writing team- whether they want to write for him or not, have done a good job writing for him in the few scenes he has had. I have found Lucas' interaction with everyone to be done quite well.

I like Will has a relationship with EJ. I even don't mind that he has one with Rafe...because it fits with the story to me- and that is saying something because I really, really don't like Rafe.

At any rate, the show was great and the dancing extra was the bee's knees. I really enjoyed watching Sami fighting like that and the Kristen scenes had me torn up. Just wish Drake would rise the occasion a little more.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 11:20 AM
gailwinters
Laufeyson

yes was over night in 2012 will work for few episodes for ej

that last episode with ej with before lucas ej treat will like that
Posted Image
but in first episode of will with ej after lucas came back will said ej was there for him while lucas was not at time i thought will was playing ej but every episodes after prove will was not playing ej he meant it every words

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply