Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, May 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 06:48 AM (11,578 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Partnersincrime
May 9 2013, 11:46 AM
SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 11:20 AM
gailwinters
May 9 2013, 08:55 AM
Laufeyson
May 9 2013, 08:48 AM
It seems EJ/Will scenes matter MORE than Will/Lucas scenes, as others have said before me, it's bullsh*t!
I think the EJill scenes today were as much about setting up the next parts of the story as about EJill bonding: EJ's reminiscing about Johnny sets up the scenes where he overhears Johnny talking about Rafe, the talk about Sami's love wreaking havoc sets up what is going to happen with Nabi/Wilson.
I think this is exactly what the deal was.

It's not as if EJ and Will's friendship has happened overnight. They were shown to grow closer during the year or so that Will was working for EJ. EJ mentioned the other day that his previous conversation with Will had gone well and Sami agreed. Will certainly showed his loyalty to EJ during the Daysaster stuff. Will has had at least one conversation with Lucas about the impact of becoming a father (a really, really well done scene as I recall). I don't think it's realistic that a young man would have conversations about fatherhood with just their own Dad - and I also like the aspect that Will knows what a shit EJ was when he became a father. So it makes sense that he'd be curious to hear the impact it had on EJ - and how quickly it happened.

I do think they are missing a lot of subtext by keeping Lucas so far removed from the story and it's a shame. But I don't think it's being done in order to insert EJ into the story. I'm not sure it would make any difference at all if EJ were there or not - Lucas likely would still not be featured.
yes was over night in 2012 will work for few episodes for ej

that last episode with ej with before lucas ej treat will like that
Posted Image
but in first episode of will with ej after lucas came back will said ej was there for him while lucas was not at time i thought will was playing ej but every episodes after prove will was not playing ej he meant it every words
The scene where EJ was upset about Will's admission of being involved in the break up of his marriage never bothered me. It's not as if Will was a child - he was a grown man, working for EJ and he knew EJ had a right to be angry. That altercation didn't make the fact that EJ had been there for him prior to that any less true. I thought it was great that Will recognized it for what it was and didn't let it color his overall opinion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 12:04 PM
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1
gailwinters

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

It's not as if EJ and Will's friendship has happened overnight. They were shown to grow closer during the year or so that Will was working for EJ. EJ mentioned the other day that his previous conversation with Will had gone well and Sami agreed. Will certainly showed his loyalty to EJ during the Daysaster stuff. Will has had at least one conversation with Lucas about the impact of becoming a father (a really, really well done scene as I recall). I don't think it's realistic that a young man would have conversations about fatherhood with just their own Dad - and I also like the aspect that Will knows what a shit EJ was when he became a father. So it makes sense that he'd be curious to hear the impact it had on EJ - and how quickly it happened.

I do think they are missing a lot of subtext by keeping Lucas so far removed from the story and it's a shame. But I don't think it's being done in order to insert EJ into the story. I'm not sure it would make any difference at all if EJ were there or not - Lucas likely would still not be featured.

Posted Image
but in first episode of will with ej after lucas came back will said ej was there for him while lucas was not at time i thought will was playing ej but every episodes after prove will was not playing ej he meant it every words
The scene where EJ was upset about Will's admission of being involved in the break up of his marriage never bothered me. It's not as if Will was a child - he was a grown man, working for EJ and he knew EJ had a right to be angry. That altercation didn't make the fact that EJ had been there for him prior to that any less true. I thought it was great that Will recognized it for what it was and didn't let it color his overall opinion.
That altercation might not have made it untrue but the fact that it was untrue made it untrue.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 9 2013, 12:07 PM
SocRMum1
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1

Posted Image
That altercation might not have made it untrue but the fact that it was untrue made it untrue.
You mean untrue that EJ had been there when Lucas wasn't? I can't swear to the timeline - but hadn't EJ already started helping Will with the process of coming to terms with being gay before Lucas came back from Hong Kong?

jdawg1077

So to sum up:

Dancing Chick should be put on contract ASAP.

Spunky Sami jumping on the guys back was awesome.

ED is like a stockbroker in a market crash...that woman can SELL.

John and Marlena continue to be ruined, both currently and historically.

JJ is a hottie. That baby-face combined with that build? Oy.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 12:09 PM
lysie
SocRMum1
Partnersincrime

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image
You mean untrue that EJ had been there when Lucas wasn't? I can't swear to the timeline - but hadn't EJ already started helping Will with the process of coming to terms with being gay before Lucas came back from Hong Kong?
For a few weeks, yes.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1
gailwinters

Posted Image
that scene of the gif was ej piss of will telling sami he knows about ej was still married to nicole than
will start working for ej late january and lucas came back late february

ej nothing for those weeks before lucas came back aside for give money and stuff so if will was whore ej was there than

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 12:09 PM
lysie
SocRMum1
Partnersincrime

subtext blackmail of will being gay does not count helping Will with the process of coming to terms with being gay

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

S loves EJ
May 9 2013, 08:38 AM
magicsteacher
May 9 2013, 07:55 AM
TreasureCove
May 8 2013, 07:33 PM
The Room Stops
May 8 2013, 01:01 PM

They've been doing the same thing with EJ and Lucas.

EJ was kept away from Johnny because of rape, torture, and terrorism, which is being completely glossed over. Making it almost seem like everything was just a hilarious misunderstanding and he was really father of the year. His situation does not match Will's.

When Lucas first came back EJ accused him of being a dead-beat dad who abandoned his children. No one corrected him. Those of us who've watched the show for years know that's not true, newer viewers don't.

These daddy-bonding scenes between Will and EJ while Lucas is no where to be seen are complete bullshit
That Ejill convo was one that Will should have been having with his father, Lucas; the fact that it was with Ej was pure bullshit.

haven´t Lucas and Will already had this conversation when everyone first found out that Will was the father Lucas said something about how Will would feel the moment he first sees/hold his child. Anyway I loved Sami on Wednesday´s show she was hilarious.
Yes Lucas talked to Will after the non-wedding when Will admitted he got Gabby pregnant.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

kay
May 9 2013, 12:37 PM
S loves EJ
May 9 2013, 08:38 AM
magicsteacher
TreasureCove

That Ejill convo was one that Will should have been having with his father, Lucas; the fact that it was with Ej was pure bullshit.

haven´t Lucas and Will already had this conversation when everyone first found out that Will was the father Lucas said something about how Will would feel the moment he first sees/hold his child. Anyway I loved Sami on Wednesday´s show she was hilarious.
Yes Lucas talked to Will after the non-wedding when Will admitted he got Gabby pregnant.
half of the talk i need to find sonny and while lucas trying to force will to listen it not real feeling as bonding

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
May 9 2013, 12:36 PM
SocRMum1
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1

Posted Image
that scene of the gif was ej piss of will telling sami he knows about ej was still married to nicole than

ej nothing for those weeks before lucas came back aside for give money and stuff so if will was whore ej was there than

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

I thought the scene in the gif happened after Will admitted that Stefano had blackmailed him into making sure Rafe found out about the EJami grief sex - which then led the EJ and Nicole's split. Will told EJ that Stefano wanted to break up his marriage and used Will to help make it happen. EJ was pissed that Will didn't come directly to him rather than follow Stefano's orders.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 12:54 PM
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1
Partnersincrime

I thought the scene in the gif happened after Will admitted that Stefano had blackmailed him into making sure Rafe found out about the EJami grief sex - which then led the EJ and Nicole's split. Will told EJ that Stefano wanted to break up his marriage and used Will to help make it happen. EJ was pissed that Will didn't come directly to him rather than follow Stefano's orders.
i saying scene in the gif happened when ej[he still married to nicole ] mad on will telling sami he saw her and ej on - 2.14.12 few weeks before lucas came cack

the next epiosde we saw will with ej lucas was alreday and it was in march will told lucas ej was there for him while lucas was not

while you talk the other time ej[after nicole dump ej] was mad on will after Will told EJ that Stefano wanted to break up his marriage and used Will to help make it happen that was late may 2012 and lucas was alreday in town

Edited by Partnersincrime, May 9 2013, 02:18 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

ges
May 9 2013, 10:02 AM
james0479
May 9 2013, 09:35 AM
Oh and ummm....JJ is mine. I have a very...hard time concentrating on his dialogue. I'm a fan already. Sorry :).
He's too young for you. Don't be a creep.
Lmao!! Im a very young 33, thank you very much. I couldn't be a creep if I tried.
Edited by james0479, May 9 2013, 01:45 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Partnersincrime
May 9 2013, 01:11 PM
SocRMum1
May 9 2013, 12:54 PM
Partnersincrime
SocRMum1

i saying scene in the gif happened when ej[he still married to nicole ] mad on will telling sami he saw her and ej on - 2.14.12 few weeks before lucas came cack

the next epiosde we saw will with ej lucas was alreday and it was in march will told lucas ej was there for him while lucas was not

while you talk the other time ej[after nicole dump ej] was mad on will after Will told EJ that Stefano wanted to break up his marriage and used Will to help make it happen that was late may 2012 and lucas was alreday in town

In other words their so called relationship did happen overnight. In a month he went from that gif to Will kissing his ass. It does seem the minute lucas came back the story direction with Will and Ej changed

Sweet and Salty

magicsteacher
TreasureCove
The Room Stops
May 8 2013, 01:01 PM
lysie
May 8 2013, 12:57 PM

Exactly. They aren't telling the story based on what happened. They are choosing to pick some little things and then just bullshitting the rest to tell it.

That story is one of the most loved stories in Daytime. Yes, it was camp as hell, but people LOVED it. There's no need to write anything all over, because there's so much to go on already.

New viewers are being told Kristen's side, while Marlena, minus a few scenes, has just being standing there and taken it when people have told her she's wrong. And nobody's really telling Kristen "Yeah, that ain't what happened". Which makes for a boring story IMO.
They've been doing the same thing with EJ and Lucas.

EJ was kept away from Johnny because of rape, torture, and terrorism, which is being completely glossed over. Making it almost seem like everything was just a hilarious misunderstanding and he was really father of the year. His situation does not match Will's.

When Lucas first came back EJ accused him of being a dead-beat dad who abandoned his children. No one corrected him. Those of us who've watched the show for years know that's not true, newer viewers don't.

These daddy-bonding scenes between Will and EJ while Lucas is no where to be seen are complete bullshit
He's gonna be his stepdad, granted. He should have a civil and adult relationship with him. EJ's doing him a "favor" and so on, but YES; he should be having more scenes with Dad!!! But so should most kids. Even at his age. Soap world and real world are neither one perfect. But I LOVE Lucas as a character and he's such a plus to the soap IMO! And that's strictly my preference!

Sweet and Salty

ges
james0479
Oh and ummm....JJ is mine. I have a very...hard time concentrating on his dialogue. I'm a fan already. Sorry :).
....and he even LOOKS way younger than he really is!!

james0479
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
May 9 2013, 04:42 PM
ges
james0479
....and he even LOOKS way younger than he really is!!
I get carded for Ice cream. Lol. It happens. I didn't mean to offend and I'm fairly confident my post was the least offensive of some I've seen on this board! Gimme a break. :). I'm 33 but look 21. If I said Ciara was a hottie, I'd 'get' the "creep" stance. Geez. Nevermind.
Edited by james0479, May 9 2013, 05:17 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Wish it would work on my phone but "Days Of Our Lives" just posted a "in case you missed a spontaneous moment on the show" link on FB 10 minutes ago. It's the Dancing Extra!! Lol.

nightfan

am103
May 8 2013, 12:14 PM
LOL - I think that random chick dancing is supposed to distract us from the awkward chase through the Town Square.
I just saw it! Thank God they had this scene! Having the extra do that dance was genius! People out in public are not always just sitting down and being pleasant or normal. They have lives and personalities.
Hopefully, Days will make use of its extras and we can see, at least once a week, extras breaking up with each other, getting in fights and being UNPLEASANT. It can be like the Dick Van Dyke show, when you didn't know which opening they'd use.
Except, for this, we don't know what the extras will do next!
Do it, Days!

nightfan

Matt
May 8 2013, 12:19 PM
Well, there's Ruffles McRed in.... ruffles. But I actually like her hair today. VERY modern & un-huge. lol
Couldn't stand her hair. That's a 20 or 30-year-old's hair. Not a woman of her age. It was way too girly. Epic disaster.

concerned
Member Avatar

nightfan
May 9 2013, 10:34 PM
am103
May 8 2013, 12:14 PM
LOL - I think that random chick dancing is supposed to distract us from the awkward chase through the Town Square.
I just saw it! Thank God they had this scene! Having the extra do that dance was genius! People out in public are not always just sitting down and being pleasant or normal. They have lives and personalities.
Hopefully, Days will make use of its extras and we can see, at least once a week, extras breaking up with each other, getting in fights and being UNPLEASANT. It can be like the Dick Van Dyke show, when you didn't know which opening they'd use.
Except, for this, we don't know what the extras will do next!
Do it, Days!
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Well I guess if you don't want to rely on storytelling, epic adventures, emotional connection with the audience, witty snark etc
this is probably the go.

Sign me up for the weekly "crazy" extra.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply