Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) Dead at 84
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 12:43 PM (3,598 Views)
Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

A true legend has passed, she will forever be remembered as Mrs. C or Mrs. Chancellor to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

MASSIVE loss for the daytime community....Cooper is a legend....RIP!

anya
Member Avatar

RIP. I will always remember the few years I watched Y&R during the late 80s. It was during the Philip/Cricket/Nina days. She was a tremendous actress.

Tammy
Member Avatar

RIP Jeanne Cooper!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

This is the worst news ever! I was hoping that she would recover, even though I knew in my heart of hearts she'd reached the end of her road.
RIP Mrs C, we're going to miss you something awful.

Skye
Member Avatar

RIP Jeanne Cooper :'(

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

This is so sad. May she rest in peace. I wish her family well in this trying time, my condolences to them.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Even though we knew she probably could not survive given what her son Corbin posted, it is still shockingly sad.

Jeanne Cooper was the Grand Dame of Daytime.

Y&R will be vastly changed without The Dutchess.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

We lost one of Daytime's biggest legends today. RIP Jeanne Cooper. :'(
Edited by Casey, May 9 2013, 02:34 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

At rest, no pain, no worries. She said her good byes in her own ways. I cried the last time I seen her on and Jill asked if she needed some help. It was like she was saying 'good Katherine" for her last time.
Rest in peace Jeanne, there can never be another Katherine Chancellor Murphy!

Daytime
Member Avatar

Cooper's Last Episode Has Aired

While there is no official word from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS on how the soap plans to address the passing of Jeanne Cooper (Katherine) on screen, the icon's final episode aired on May 3. According to Y&R writer Brent Boyd, Cooper's last scene was (fittingly) with Jess Walton, who plays Kay's frenemy and housemate, Jill.

"The last image of Jeanne Cooper on Y&R is of her ascending the stairs telling Jill, "I think I can manage. Good night." A fitting end," Boyd tweeted. In the episode, Kay had returned home to the Chancellor mansion after being discharged from the hospital, where she'd undergone surgery for a brain tumor.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/05/coopers-last-episode-has-aired.html
Edited by Daytime, May 8 2013, 04:36 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Very sad. She'll leave a huge void behind.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

:'(

RIP Jeanne Cooper.

You were a great lady who wasn't afraid to express who you were, what you were doing and why you were doing it. You brought an immense amount of entertainment into people's homes for years and will be remembered for even longer.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Y&R will never be the same. She was one of daytime's finest RIP

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

RIP She will be missed.

DavidSS

RIP Jeanne Cooper. Daytime has lost a Great Legend with class, elegance, respect and honor! It truly breaks me and others inside that the fact we will never see her again after today and her last scene :( Y&R will never be the same without her. Katherine Chancellor and Jeanne Cooper will greatly be missed! My Condolences go out to her family and loved ones. She has had an extraordinary journey, life and career. The hat has been rested and hung up. We know you are now in peace with the angels :) Rest In Peace Jeanne, all of us will miss you and love you! R.I.P Jeanne / Katherine

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

No words. :(

Bremol
Member Avatar

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. RIP Jeanne, you'll be greatly missed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I get chills thinking that her last scene was with Walton. Not intentionally. Chills.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

RIP Duchess. Sending prayers to the family and loved ones. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply