Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Cooper's Last Episode Has Aired
Topic Started: May 8 2013, 04:33 PM (1,847 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Cooper's Last Episode Has Aired

While there is no official word from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS on how the soap plans to address the passing of Jeanne Cooper (Katherine) on screen, the icon's final episode aired on May 3. According to Y&R writer Brent Boyd, Cooper's last scene was (fittingly) with Jess Walton, who plays Kay's frenemy and housemate, Jill.

"The last image of Jeanne Cooper on Y&R is of her ascending the stairs telling Jill, "I think I can manage. Good night." A fitting end," Boyd tweeted. In the episode, Kay had returned home to the Chancellor mansion after being discharged from the hospital, where she'd undergone surgery for a brain tumor.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/05/coopers-last-episode-has-aired.html
Edited by Daytime, May 8 2013, 04:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ashley22
Member Avatar

:'(

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Was this episode written with intention that it "could" be her last on Y&R?

Daytime
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
May 8 2013, 04:49 PM
Was this episode written with intention that it "could" be her last on Y&R?
Not according to the writer Brent Boyd..

MarkHsoap ‏@MarkHsoap 43m
Q:
Quote:

@actualBrentBoyd I don't know if you can say, but was Jeanne's last scene written knowing it might be her last? #YR

Brent Boyd @actualBrentBoyd
A:
Quote:

@MarkHsoap No. She was in episodes for 4 wks after but wasn't well enough to work. Intention was to give Jill/Kay honest, emotional scene.

jdawg1077

Holy cow, I'm not a Y&R viewer, but I can't imagine a more perfect, fitting final scene for a longtime actress/character. I know that Katherine has had a decades-long relationship with Jill (any soap fan knows that). Perfect. The acting? Perfect. The music? Perfect. Her ascension up the stairs on her own? Perfect. The dialogue? Perfect. Wow.

Sandell

jdawg1077
May 8 2013, 05:08 PM
Holy cow, I'm not a Y&R viewer, but I can't imagine a more perfect, fitting final scene for a longtime actress/character. I know that Katherine has had a decades-long relationship with Jill (any soap fan knows that). Perfect. The acting? Perfect. The music? Perfect. Her ascension up the stairs on her own? Perfect. The dialogue? Perfect. Wow.
I know what you mean....something tells me she knew she was dying...and wrapped up a few things like making cane ceo...

soapflake02

They could have her "relapse" on the show and kind of do what they did with Cassie. oh my god how weird her last word on the show was goodnight. :'(
Edited by soapflake02, May 8 2013, 05:43 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

That clip killed me!

All I really want on screen is for a scene of Jill finally alone in the mansion she spent decades fighting for and recognizing the hollow victory.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

Daytime
May 8 2013, 04:33 PM

Cooper's Last Episode Has Aired

While there is no official word from THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS on how the soap plans to address the passing of Jeanne Cooper (Katherine) on screen, the icon's final episode aired on May 3. According to Y&R writer Brent Boyd, Cooper's last scene was (fittingly) with Jess Walton, who plays Kay's frenemy and housemate, Jill.

"The last image of Jeanne Cooper on Y&R is of her ascending the stairs telling Jill, "I think I can manage. Good night." A fitting end," Boyd tweeted. In the episode, Kay had returned home to the Chancellor mansion after being discharged from the hospital, where she'd undergone surgery for a brain tumor.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/05/coopers-last-episode-has-aired.html
:'( :shame: :tears: :tears:

I wanted her to get better... :tears:

So long to MY hero....

So grateful for the work that you did on this show...

I will NEVER forget your legacy. :blowkiss: :iloveyou: :hug:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
May 8 2013, 05:47 PM
All I really want on screen is for a scene of Jill finally alone in the mansion she spent decades fighting for and recognizing the hollow victory.
This. Times infinity. Could Phelps/Griffin be capable?
Edited by DrewHamilton, May 8 2013, 07:10 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewHamilton
May 8 2013, 07:09 PM
Drew
May 8 2013, 05:47 PM
This. Times infinity. Could Phelps/Griffin be capable?
Yeah. I have doubts. Griffin maybe.

ratfink
Member Avatar

jdawg1077
May 8 2013, 05:08 PM
I could not have said it better, and I have been watching for all the years she has been on...as you say, perfect...Wow...RIP, our Duchess :wub2:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think we all shed a tear.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Okay, that was sad! :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply