Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Jeanne Cooper Appreciation & Rememberance Thread
Topic Started: May 9 2013, 12:51 AM (1,856 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This thread is to celebrate the life of Jeanne Cooper and her contributions to the entertainment industry and beyond. Feel free to share clips, just talk about how much you loved her and the character of Ms. Katherine Chancellor or anything else you may remember her being in.

Jeanne and Jess Walton on Marie in 2013

Jeanne on Marie in 2012

This is her TV Legends Interview from 2010 which is about 3 hours long. I may have to watch it in parts but here's the link to all 3 parts to watch when you have time if you'd like.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

The Classic Mirror Scene.

Jeanne was phenomenal.

sexibeach
Member Avatar

I am really sad about this loss, she was a wonderful lady for all my life pretty much RIP Katherine.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

"We're better off eating the front lawn!"

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

My, oh my, where to begin. . .I've told you folks about how my mother first introduced me to the show. . .that time when Suzanne was gaslighting Katherine with a Tarantula? (And how Kay evened the score sometime later by turning a whole army of 'em on Suzanne!! And, of course, the time she portrayed her own doppelganger, Marge. . . :rip:

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

RIP Jeanne/Katherine, you will be greatly missed by fans, friends and family!!

KSandru

What I remember most about Katherine Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper) is the feud between Kay and Jill Foster Abbott (Brenda Dickson). Their scenes together were epic! Y&R in the earlier days was definitely much-see TV and I loved it when Kay put her "puzzling" plan into motion, only to have Jill receive an executive position at Jabot as part of her divorce settlement from John Abbott. Anyway the chemistry between Jeanne & Brenda was hot. If you think of The Bold & the Beautiful (Y&R's sister soap), it was the basis for the Stephanie Forrester vs. Brooke Logan feud. Jeanne will definitely be missed. It's a huge void to see an iconic actress such as Ms. Cooper leave us so soon. But she leaves behind a legacy that will live in all of us forever. RIP Ms. Duchess! You will be missed by us all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADs8RY1fzxk

Katherine's "Puzzling" revenge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17TByru3ZPQ

"GOODBYE TRAMP!" - Kay fantasizes what we all wanted to do to Jill back in the day!

vani

Been watching YR from day one, and no one will be more missed. RIP Dutchess! :hail:

vani

Been watching YR from day one, and no one will be more missed. RIP Dutchess! :hail:

BillyMillerLover
Member Avatar

I still think I am in shock, and disbelief. Such a wonderful lady, and a fantastic actress, she will be deeply missed by this fan, and honestly I just don't know if Y&R will ever be the same. :( :'( :frownie:

glamgirl

I am so sad to hear the news about Jeanne Cooper my prayers go out to her family. She will be missed on the Y&R a lot. RIP sweet Jeanne.

ratfink
Member Avatar

RIP Jeanne Cooper

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

So sad to hear of the loss of Jeanne Cooper. I love that lady! Prayers for family.

MidnightRain
Member Avatar
Jake & Marley ~ Jarley <333

It's still so hard to believe she's gone. I miss her terribly! :'( :'( She was just one of those people who I thought would always just be here. Logically, I knew that could never happen...I just never allowed myself to think about a world without her in it. It's still so weird to think that we'll never see her wonderful presence on Y&R again. :(

I guess I can consider myself one of the lucky ones in that I got to meet her twice. Once on the Y&R set where I got to watch her tape some scenes with Melody Thomas Scott, and again at one of the Y&R fan events, where I also got to meet Corbin. Two wonderful experiences that I'll never forget, and the pictures I have of those times mean so much more now.

Thoughts and prayers to Jeanne's family as well as to the Y&R cast and crew. Everyone's lives will never be the same, but are all better for having known her. Such a great lady she was!!! :hail:

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

It was hard when DOOL lost Frances Reid a couple of years ago, but she had been frail for so long, it had been years since she'd been truly central to the storyline. She was only onscreen a couple of times a year.

Jeanne, on the other hand, was still an active and vital member of the cast. The show will take a tremendous hit with her loss. Genoa City without Katherine Chancellor? I just can't fathom it.

ratfink
Member Avatar

I just saw this...

http://t.co/xjG4IGgf1J

DDiva
Member Avatar

I knew one day something would make me have to post instead of enjoying the site quietly... but the death of Mrs. Jeanne Cooper?!!! So, instead of filling this whole damn screen with NO NO NO (like I really want), I will get dressed up, put on a nice diamond brooch & ring, drag my fur, and have a drink. 1 time for Mrs. Jeanne Cooper, and once more for The Duchess, KATHERINE CHANCELLOR!!! :hail: See ya on the other side Duchess. :blowkiss: DD.

BTW... Glad to be here. I've been enjoying ur posts for a while now.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

ratfink
May 10 2013, 11:47 AM
I just saw this...

http://t.co/xjG4IGgf1J
I was just coming here to post that. I am so glad they are doing something but it annoys me that they didn't even take a 30 second blurb to acknowlege her death.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

DDiva
May 10 2013, 02:21 PM
I knew one day something would make me have to post instead of enjoying the site quietly... but the death of Mrs. Jeanne Cooper?!!! So, instead of filling this whole damn screen with NO NO NO (like I really want), I will get dressed up, put on a nice diamond brooch & ring, drag my fur, and have a drink. 1 time for Mrs. Jeanne Cooper, and once more for The Duchess, KATHERINE CHANCELLOR!!! :hail: See ya on the other side Duchess. :blowkiss: DD.

BTW... Glad to be here. I've been enjoying ur posts for a while now.
don't be silent anymore, your post brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my lips.

eruell

I will miss Jeanne Cooper so much. She was and will always be the face and voice of Y&R! Rest In Peace Jeanne "Katherine" Cooper!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply