Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Jeanne Cooper Appreciation & Rememberance Thread
Topic Started: May 9 2013, 12:51 AM (1,798 Views)
DDiva
Member Avatar

Thx Sammie Jo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luv_yr
Member Avatar

I seen JC death come across the wire and my heart sank! I will miss the dutchess tremendously! (l:-(

Daytime
Member Avatar

Corbin Bernson Facebook:

The day continued to bring peace with only brief moments/flashes of sorrow. For the most part I've come to a quicker than expected belief that my mom, right until the end, worked her magic and made all things exactly as they should be. I played back the last couple weeks and whereas I thought maybe she wanted more time, I think I was wrong - that was me wanting more. There were so many "hints" of her "ready to go." But she would graciously play it out until we were all ready, and in our proper places on the "stage." The consummate director.

This evening we gathered at her house for a meal. I was, admittedly frightened, not knowing if I would be ready to see this hub where the family had gathered for so many years, swimming in the pool, eating birthday dinners at her large table, or just laying next to her on the bed, talking about "stuff." But again, I was wrong. It was magnificent. I know I use that word quite a bit, but it was, it was extraordinary. Sure, had a quick cry when I went into her bedroom, smelled the sheets, the traces of her scent, but then it all suddenly lifted and there we were, together, her family, eating at the table once again, laughing. And she was most definitely with us, offering up her home as always, seated right alongside us at the table.

My brother in law shared with me her final scene from Young and Restless, one I had heard about only yesterday. Her final bit of "acting," or as I'm coming to believe, "being." Mom never acted, she fully became the role. Like with so many things in her life, the lines we usually draw between where we stand on issues or the line between actor and character - they simply didn't exist for her. All things simply "are." Well, as many of you know by now, that was her final scene. In it I saw a woman, who some two months ago "knew" that this was to be her farewell scene. The end of a 40 year journey on the show and a sixty year journey as an actor. Her simple "goodnight" at the end - an improvised line - pretty much said it all. But the entire two minutes or so - if you study them carefully - is the stuff of legends. Each word, her mannerisms... all extraordinary now in the context of what was coming. I'm attaching it here, watch closely and you'll see a woman in complete control of her destiny - right up until the end. My mom. Wow! A mystery. A magnificence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=u6mJmgyX2kc#t=1621s

http://m.facebook.com/corbinbernsen?id=107095490913&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fdaytimeroyaltyonline.com%2Ftopic%2F8803603%2F1%2F&_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=10151555641790914&id=107095490913&refid=17

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

:'( :'( Thanks for posting, Daytime.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Mrs. Chancellor begs Phillip Chancellor not to leave her

Mrs. Chancellor Signs Phillip Chancellor's Divorce Papers
Edited by bellajewel, May 11 2013, 01:53 PM.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I've been watching Y&R clips on YT with Katherine etc... it's still so sad :'(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Corbin Berensen's Facebook:

Woke up to a beautiful morning, nature screaming outside, "come play." Took my tea to the garden and listened. An abundance of birds, insects... it was magnificently deafening. Asked "mom are you in there?" No answer of course, not the one I'm used to, that hearty voice growling back, "what do you think, idiot? Just shut up and keep listening." So I did. I sat still, looked and listened deeper into it all... small yellow flowers of two trees we just planted, dropping to the ground, returning to the earth, and new buds springing forth.... and then a hummingbird. Now I've never seen a hummingbird in our garden! My mother on the other hand has one of those feeders at her place, inviting them. "Okay," I thought, "I'll take that and just shut up for the rest of the day, keep listening, quietly." Nature; what an incredible healer. As true and evident piece of science of the bigger picture, and God... at least for me.

I have to comment on the continued outpouring of love and kindness that is coming in from all quarters; old friends from school, LA LAW pals, people I've met only once at various points in my life but promised to reach out one day, and of course those closest and dearest to me today; Psych family, my closest friends and of course our immediate family. So much love and warmth. And while I'm the one receiving it, I know it is generated by the engine that still, somehow, in a hummingbird perhaps, continues to churn away; mom. She is bringing old friends together, speaking the word LOVE to one another, over and over.

Last I want to share an beautiful moment I had yesterday while visiting The Young and the Restless. It is of my mom's dressing room door, which, for now remains closed. But the tributes outside are just... staggering. I wasn't sure if I was ready to see it but decided to anyway. I'm glad I did. Not sure what the next minutes, hours, days or years will bring, but if I can continue to find the joy in the moments I have this morning, all is good in the world and mom's work, truest work, lives on.

http://i43.tinypic.com/35bfr60.jpg
Edited by bellajewel, May 13 2013, 05:03 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Watched her last scene again. Cried again.

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
May 13 2013, 05:46 PM
Watched her last scene again. Cried again.
So did I...

I'm really gonna miss her. :(

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Recent Facebook post from Corbin Bernsen today:
"Interesting morning. Met with the publisher's of my mom's book who happen to be in NY. I really do want to do what I can to help knowing that she was planning on more book tours and the rest to promote it. Her agent told me that one of the most exciting phone calls they shared was when she informed mom that the book had made the New York Times Bestseller list. I knew she was happy for this, but now know the full impact in had on her. My mom was a bundle of contradictions, or rather, there was a ton of "life and history" below the surface, old news, stuff that hurt. The book - again - incredible timing given all things in perspective now - allowed her to release some that which she held onto so privately for so long. I don't think it was a release but rather a true sharing of who she was and what made her tick. She wanted people to know. And to some extent, I did see a "lightness of her being" after the book came out.

So with that in mind, and fully weighing the whole notion of promoting anything at this time as potentially seeing it as "profiting from her loss," I want to cautiously move forward and help get the book out there. I've discussed a portion of the book proceeds going to one of the many charities that she supported. In the end however, it is really everything I've been discussing in keeping her light burning. I am to a degree, consumed by this notion. Is it just me mourning or wanting more? Maybe. But I also believe she had so much to share and good lessons for us all. That is why she was here, to make her mark, that mark that we can all benefit from. Her book is certainly a good place to start. More on that to come as it becomes clearer what it all entails.

All that said, it does feel good to try and do something in her honor, takes away some of the sting of the loss. Calls continue to come in from old friends and that alone is almost worth the price of the ticket. She is reconnecting people. So much continues to happen in her name that... it almost feels as if she is here."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply