Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, May 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 9 2013, 06:32 AM (9,719 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

BalscoFan5
May 10 2013, 10:44 AM
Eric will always think of John as family,uh,he IS family,he is your fathers cousin,writers seem to forget that.
I'd venture to say that most viewers try to forget that & wish that WTFery would never be mentioned again. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

six
May 10 2013, 09:06 AM
BeeBee
May 9 2013, 11:15 PM
concerned
May 9 2013, 03:40 PM
am103
May 9 2013, 12:19 PM
These Nick/Sami scenes are made of WIN!

Also, these JJ/Jennifer/Daniel scenes are pretty damn good too. I LOVE how awkward Daniel already is around JJ. I'm really gonna like this kid.

And I still can't get over the ridiculousness of Cameron/Abigail. Not even the virginity thing. Seriously, Cameron is a DOCTOR and he's struggling to pay his loans off and had to resort to stripping? Come on, I could see if he was bussing tables at the Brady Pub, but he's a DOCTOR for crying out loud. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Well he was bussing tables at the pub at one time.
Cameron was only bussing tables to help Caroline,he was not working for her.I thought I heard Cameron say he picked up a custodial job then say something about slinging a mop and minimum wage to pay his loans rather than stripping.I hope that is not what I heard him say.How is it Cameron ,who is supposedly intelligent enough to sucessfully complete a prepatory school program in London England and medical school, can only find work as a stripper or a janitor.He Lexie's brother and Abe's brother in law.He is friendly with Chad,Abby,Daniel,Jennifer,and Brady who are related to Maggie,Victor,EJ.and Sonny but the best he can do is stripper or janitor.
PLEASE TELL ME I DID NOT HEAR CAMERON CORRECTLY AS TO HIS NEW JOB!!!
Didn't Maxine say that doctors aren't allowed to have side jobs? He's probably trying to stay under the radar.
Yes, Cameron told Abby that he has a part-time job as a janitor, with flexible hours.

AFaithL

Sweet and Salty
May 10 2013, 08:15 AM
AFaithL
May 9 2013, 11:46 PM
I have to say, though, I am SICK of seeing wimpy! Marlena. Marlena is not a weak, teary, person who would be crying passively over John or any man. The real Marlena is a strong, smart, funny, feisty person who would be up in someone's face demanding answers.

I want active, ass-kicking, Marlena back - not this wimpy pod-person. The writers just have her react to stupid plot-points, instead of writing her as a three-dimensional person with a STORY. I want lots of Marlena action, storyline, and dialogue...not wimpily reacting to whatever someone says to her.

The real Marlena would have gotten in John's face about his plan and would be actively working to take Kristen down and save her family. Bring her back!
I do agree with the description of the Marena Character, but she is truly in love with John. A broken heart hurts. It's not like their writing her as Jen Jen....falling to the floor. She got composure. She's coming to her senses. Giving her man time doesn't equate weakness. It can equal strength.
I do NOT want Marlena with a new man. I just want her written with a backbone and to have active dialogue again.

nightfan

blueskies
May 9 2013, 06:17 PM
Abby, this is not the 1800s, please let Cameron strip. He's obviously just stopping b/c of you. Good money is good money. It's not like he's sleeping with them, or heck even touching them.
Dislike. Obviously, she believes it's degrading, as many people do. Sure, it's fun to watch, but at the end of the day, it's people treating Cameron not as a human being, but as a piece of meat.
That's not dignified.

Meanwhile, I'd love to see Cameron reveal that he is a virgin too. The way he kept putting off Abby gave me the hint that maybe he hasn't been touched, either.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

We watched him dance. He's been touched plenty.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

He's a stripper, not a prostitute. There's no touching involved, lol. Also, contrary to Abby's horrible s/l Virgins aren't afraid of or embarrassed by sex.

nightfan

Panda Panda
May 10 2013, 10:29 PM
He's a stripper, not a prostitute. There's no touching involved, lol. Also, contrary to Abby's horrible s/l Virgins aren't afraid of or embarrassed by sex.
Disagree, and I think that's not particularly fair to all virgins. Some virgins definitely are afraid of sex. It's about that buildup, especially if it's with someone experienced.
But I will agree that the way Abby has been treated has been ridiculous

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Was so hoping Sami would kill Nick the Prick. Damn Nick has copies of the recording. So sick of Nick the Prick. Love that Rafe finally knows the truth about Nick. Love Casey Moss as JJ so far. Becoming an Daniel & Jennifer fan, now that they've gotten Jenn to quit acting so stupid. I think Cameron needs to be re-cast again, in some ways I think the original Schuyler Yancey was a better actor than Nathan Owens. Loved Eric telling off John. Marlena & Will were awesome. Definitely want Marlena to divorce John and hopefully John is written off. Maybe they should just kill the son of a bitch off! Brady too lol. Bring Back Wayne Northrop as Roman and go on with the reuniting of Roman & Marlena.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

kay
May 10 2013, 11:29 AM
six
BeeBee
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Cameron was only bussing tables to help Caroline,he was not working for her.I thought I heard Cameron say he picked up a custodial job then say something about slinging a mop and minimum wage to pay his loans rather than stripping.I hope that is not what I heard him say.How is it Cameron ,who is supposedly intelligent enough to sucessfully complete a prepatory school program in London England and medical school, can only find work as a stripper or a janitor.He Lexie's brother and Abe's brother in law.He is friendly with Chad,Abby,Daniel,Jennifer,and Brady who are related to Maggie,Victor,EJ.and Sonny but the best he can do is stripper or janitor.
Didn't Maxine say that doctors aren't allowed to have side jobs? He's probably trying to stay under the radar.
Yes, Cameron told Abby that he has a part-time job as a janitor, with flexible hours.
Cameron was not working at the pub.He,like Abigail,was helping out at the pub.It is stupid to have a person who is intelliegent enough to be a doctor working as a janitor (or stripper) to pay loans when he is brother in law to the ex mayor and friendly with persons who have family connections who own business like Chad,Abby,EJ,Daniel,and Brady who could certainly find something other than off the books janitor.They could just as easily have Cameron say something about his father's estate being settled and he now has enough money to pay off all or the majority of his loans and his mother's debt ,therefore,he no longer needs to work a second job.Give me a break.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

concerned
May 10 2013, 03:28 AM
BeeBee
concerned
am103
May 9 2013, 12:19 PM
These Nick/Sami scenes are made of WIN!

Also, these JJ/Jennifer/Daniel scenes are pretty damn good too. I LOVE how awkward Daniel already is around JJ. I'm really gonna like this kid.

And I still can't get over the ridiculousness of Cameron/Abigail. Not even the virginity thing. Seriously, Cameron is a DOCTOR and he's struggling to pay his loans off and had to resort to stripping? Come on, I could see if he was bussing tables at the Brady Pub, but he's a DOCTOR for crying out loud. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Well he was bussing tables at the pub at one time.
No I'm sure old Cameron used to work at the pub - before it came out that he was actually Celestes child was called Cameron and had a medical degree.
I'm pretty sure he got paid although as far as I recall there was never a scene with Caroline handing out cash.

Unlike with Nu Cameron. Caroline definitely paid him.... but not for bussing tables.
Cameron was not working at the pub.He only helped out once which was a contrivance to bring him and Abby together.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

BeeBee
May 11 2013, 01:04 PM
kay
six
BeeBee

Cameron was not working at the pub.He,like Abigail,was helping out at the pub.It is stupid to have a person who is intelliegent enough to be a doctor working as a janitor (or stripper) to pay loans when he is brother in law to the ex mayor and friendly with persons who have family connections who own business like Chad,Abby,EJ,Daniel,and Brady who could certainly find something other than off the books janitor.They could just as easily have Cameron say something about his father's estate being settled and he now has enough money to pay off all or the majority of his loans and his mother's debt ,therefore,he no longer needs to work a second job.Give me a break.
They tried that route recently with Abe. Cameron doesn't want a "hand out" he rather work his debt off himself.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
May 11 2013, 01:34 PM
BeeBee
May 11 2013, 01:04 PM
kay
six

They tried that route recently with Abe. Cameron doesn't want a "hand out" he rather work his debt off himself.
Well if he is working for minimum wage as a janitor,good luck with that.He could work as a host/ waiter and make more money.He is a moron if he would rather work as a janitor after sucessfully completing medical school than accept help from friends/family.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Well then he's a moron because that's exactly what's happening.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply