Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol firing all 4 judges
Topic Started: May 9 2013, 10:35 AM (924 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/american-idol-producers-fire-four-judges-report-124500372-us-weekly.html

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I think we need a break from Idol. Retire it for a few years and then bring it back.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Don't fire,Keith is the only one with real criticism.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I totally agree with the idea of a break. The show is tired, the song selection is repetitive, the contestants...some of them grew up aiming to get on Idol and not trying to be singers (imho) which is why they're weaker than before (again, imho), and the voting system is fundamentally busted.

The judges are the least of their worries, and one article I read suggested they're looking for different celebrity replacements (like Diddy, Pink, Justin Bieber...) which wouldn't even fix the problem.

Also, whoever the hell thought Nicki Minaj was worth $12 million...they might be stupid, but it's the kind of stupid I want to work for in the hopes they'll throw money my way regardless of my actual value.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Justin Bieber on Idol,that's scary. :ermmmm:

King
Member Avatar

The Producers and the Network don't get it. And they never will.

Alin89
Member Avatar

just can this show already. I feel the same for dwts!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Randy has announced that he is leaving, and it sounds like Mariah is out for sure too (GOOD).

I think they should get rid of all four of them. I wouldn't mind Keith staying if he would fit in better with the new panel though. These four just do not mesh well.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think it's time to move on from American Idol.

"Refresh" after "refresh" after "refresh" tells the audience your product isn't good and you need to change it. If they maybe stopped the judges roulette, if they stopped going after artists who only want to make a NICE chunk of change and appear for one year and then move on.

TBH, I took a break and have become a little more refreshed with Idol but so much needs to change. The fact that they so badly drug out the results show a few weeks back (the "Where's Ryan?" segment was PAINFUL).

I like all of these judges individually but they don't mesh. Nikki and Mariah despise each other. I think Keith could probably stay. I'm done with Randy. Mariah was nice to see but meh to her judging. It was all about her. I know she has a lot of the press hating on her but honestly, Nicki was probably my favorite addition in years to this judges panel. Hands down. She spoke the truth and didn't care but you knew she cared about them. I think she gets a bad rap on Idol, TBH, but to each their own. I'd be fine with Nicki and Keith sticking around. I kinda like their little interaction next to each other. Frankly, Mariah is kinda the weakest link.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was watching Buzz Morning on VH1 and they suggested Kelly Clarkson for a judge. I think that's a great idea. I also would like to see Babyface as a judge next season. I'm not exactly sure who to bring on for a third judge. I think it should be someone with country music background since country is becoming a pretty big influence on Idol.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

A local dj in my town put it best this morning "American Idol is on life support,just pull the plug already".

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I watched Kelly as a judge/mentor on Duets. I don't think she'd work for that purpose. She's too nice, imho.

Babyface...why Babyface? I'm a bit sketchy about him because of all the artists on LaFace records who sold millions and wound up bankrupt at some point. And I think I read he was working with the Kardashians on something, which is almost worse imho.

I'd rather they give up on celebrities and go back to the original format-a has-been, a record exec, and a who-the-fuck-are-you. Still, I think the judges are the least of the show's issues.

Also, even though ratings are down the show isn't exactly out of hit territory, right, when taken in context. It's kinda funny, all the talk about retiring it, rehabbing it, when I think a lot of shows would love their ratings, and all of network tv is down from everything I've read. I'm not even sure AI is down anything significant, percentage-wise, when compared to others.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I always thought David Foster would be a great judge.

ZackMallory

weird that AI is becoming a hughe flop while The Voice is the new HIT ! Usher & Shakira doing an awesome job there and the ratings are awesome and its fun to watch...so why is AI so lame now ? But The voice Uk is lame and X Factor UK

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I think American Idol really needs to take a break. Take a year off and completely revamp it. Three panel judge of a record executive, producer and a performer. That is what made the original panel work because you had all aspects of the music business covered.

I also think they need to clean house behind the scenes. The producers need to go as well. They are the ones that keep coming back with these boring themes, choosing sob stories over talent and basically writing out their own storyline for how the season should go instead of letting it be organic. The storyline this year was "The Year of the Girl" and where they got the the only guys viewers were able to vote were far below the talent level of the girls that of course a girl was going to win. I think back to my favorite which was season 7. You had David Cook, Michael Johns, Carly Smithson, David Archuletta, Syesha Mercado, etc. There was a ton of variety and really almost everyone a chance to win the season.

Finally revamp the voting system. The need to set limits...PERIOD! Let people vote a variety of ways, but limit how many on that system. There is too much popularity being the factor that determines who goes home and not actual talent.
Edited by cubsgirl, May 10 2013, 06:57 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

John Rich would be a good choice for a country judge. He was a judge on 'Nashville Star' years ago. He was good on there and was an ass at times.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I feel that ever since Adam Lambert "won" AI a few years back, the show hasn't been the same. They're changing the judges left and right, hoping Mariah, Britney, Nicki etc to bring the ratings back...Just cancel it already!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

choosing sob stories over talent

This is what kills me about what the show's become.

It started out making fun of the delusional- that's why it got noticed initially- and then someone with actual talent would emerge, and it was awesome. Then they started making fun of people with obvious disabilities or accents (or both), and it was not awesome. Then they started acting like this is NB-fucking-C during the Olympics and people are only measured by the amount of suffering they've lived through, and it became annoying. Especially the repeated "I have a baby" bullshit, like choosing to give birth and keep the kid is something I should feel sorry for, like I should cheer you on in your quest to become famous for your family when really I believe you should just get a real job.

And the commercials for this season with like farms and flying flags and super serious "This. Is. American Idol." Where'd the fun go, yo? Where'd it go.

Ahem.

So yeah- change the producers. All of them. Totally agree.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
May 9 2013, 12:17 PM
Don't fire,Keith is the only one with real criticism.
Bull. Randy and Nicki Minaj both are the best critics. Keith is good too, don't get me wrong, he's doing a lot better than he was. Mariah def needs the heave-ho. I would've kept Nicki & Keith.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

The Top 5 this year IS the best Top 5 ever. All 5 women should get contracts, all 5 are very talented. Candice Glover can sing anything and better win, she's by far the best. Kree Harrison should make it big in country, Janelle Arthur should do good as well, but not good as Kree. Amber should become a big pop/r&b star, as should Candice. Angie Miller could become a big pop star, rock star or Christian rock star, hoping pop or rock though (really pissed she isn't in the Final 2).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply