Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, May 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 10 2013, 07:08 AM (9,108 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Marlena: "You bitch!"
Kristen: "You're the bitch! You're such a bitch!"

james0479
Member Avatar

Oh God! My personal EVERYTHING is in that picture above!! Head writer James E. Reilly was at his peak during this point and apparently there's no daytime writer out there than can repeat the greatness that was the story in which that picture came from. I'll go out on a limb and say he wasnt fully recognized for his greatness until he was gone. He sadly became overworked (IMO) during his later days and it (or Corday, studio interference) interfered with his work but when that man was on, he was ON!! I was already a fan of Days when Kristen first hit the show and I found her bland and boring. How amazing it is at what a years worth of story can do for a character if planned correctly. Just when I got off the edge of my seat when Carly was buried alive, I was back on it for the possession. After I got off the edge when rain finally hit Salem again, I was on it again for Aremid and it did not let up when Kristen Blake went, what may be, the most batshit crazy in daytime! I wonder what Reilly would do with Kristen now. *sigh*

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Your post is made of so much win, James0479!

james0479
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
May 10 2013, 08:06 AM
:D thank you!! I just tell it as I see it. Lol. It's so fascinating how a person can remember more about what happened in Salem in the 90's than what happened with family members in the '90s. Lol. It is what it is. Ha!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

james0479
May 10 2013, 08:11 AM
Chad & Abigail_D
:D thank you!! I just tell it as I see it. Lol. It's so fascinating how a person can remember more about what happened in Salem in the 90's than what happened with family members in the '90s. Lol. It is what it is. Ha!
lol it really is. Btw, Reilly already laid the groundwork for Kristen turning to the dark side, way back during the possession SL. MarDevil made a remark to her (with John & Father Francis(?) present), that Kristen had everybody fooled with being nice... He really did planned her journey and did it correctly, lol! :)
I liked Kristen when she was a social worker/coach with John, but I became obsessed with the character during Aremid- and especially after. Besides a few other characters, she was the reason I hurried home from school/work to watch DAYS.
Edited by Oak Alley, May 10 2013, 08:21 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
May 10 2013, 08:20 AM
james0479
May 10 2013, 08:11 AM
Chad & Abigail_D
lol it really is. Btw, Reilly already laid the groundwork for Kristen turning to the dark side, way back during the possession SL. MarDevil made a remark to her (with John & Father Francis(?) present), that Kristen had everybody fooled with being nice... He really did planned her journey and did it correctly, lol! :)
I liked Kristen when she was a social worker/coach with John, but I became obsessed with the character during Aremid- and especially after. Besides a few other characters, she was the reason I hurried home from school/work to watch DAYS.
Very cool! I did the same thing. My grandmother would tape the show for me. There were a few days when it either didn't work or she forgot...so I finally learned how to set my VCR to record Kristen's downward spiral. Lol. Reilly was great at long term visions of his characters. I miss those days alot!!
Edited by james0479, May 10 2013, 08:33 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

So...Marlena's hair seems a bit...unfortunate. :-/

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

james0479
May 10 2013, 07:44 AM
Oh God! My personal EVERYTHING is in that picture above!! Head writer James E. Reilly was at his peak during this point and apparently there's no daytime writer out there than can repeat the greatness that was the story in which that picture came from. I'll go out on a limb and say he wasnt fully recognized for his greatness until he was gone. He sadly became overworked (IMO) during his later days and it (or Corday, studio interference) interfered with his work but when that man was on, he was ON!! I was already a fan of Days when Kristen first hit the show and I found her bland and boring. How amazing it is at what a years worth of story can do for a character if planned correctly. Just when I got off the edge of my seat when Carly was buried alive, I was back on it for the possession. After I got off the edge when rain finally hit Salem again, I was on it again for Aremid and it did not let up when Kristen Blake went, what may be, the most batshit crazy in daytime! I wonder what Reilly would do with Kristen now. *sigh*
Can you imagine what Reilly would do with this story?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 10 2013, 09:41 AM
Oh, it was awful! I was so happy when Deidre said she'd never cut it short again. Because that was the third most awful her hair's ever been. The first being 2002/2003 when she cut it, and second in the 80s when she cut it. DH w/short hair = no no no no no!

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

In case you want to revisit the hilarious masterpiece that is Marlena and Kristen watching Susan seduce John (as Kristen):

The humor during this time was second-to-none. JER understood the starcrossed lovestory that J&M fans became disciples to, but also included bits of levity. Eileen Davidson and Deidre Hall committed to this story, and Drake Hogestyn was a good sport at playing a rather dim version of John (as compared to Drake now, who couldn't act his way out of this John-seduces-Kristen storyline to save his life.)

And the tattoo! I forgot about the tattoo!

OMG, it amazes me how Drake was and continues to be an awesome piece of mancandy. :$
Edited by nickyj12345, May 10 2013, 10:54 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 10 2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah. Her wardrobe was a bit rough too.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Um.... I liked Marlena with the jaw-length bob. :shrug:

WillFan
Member Avatar

:birthday: Jason Brooks(Peter Blake DiMera) who turned 47 years old today.

MissLola
Member Avatar

WillFan
May 10 2013, 10:55 AM
I dare someone to tweet that to Missy! :whistle:

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

MissLola
May 10 2013, 10:57 AM
WillFan
May 10 2013, 10:55 AM
I dare someone to tweet that to Missy! :whistle:
Don't you tempt me! #stillbitteraboutJason

cord08

"Face-timing with his mistress." Haha, now I'm trying to imagine Stefano with an ipad.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Apparently Will is a Rate shipper.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hope & Vargas :wub:

cord08

OMG, I think I'm going to like Rafe today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply