Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeanne Cooper Tribute Planned For 'Y&R' On May 28
Topic Started: May 10 2013, 04:40 PM (3,799 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Jeanne Cooper Tribute Planned For 'Young And Restless' On May 28

NEW YORK CBS says "The Young and the Restless" will broadcast a tribute to Jeanne Cooper, the veteran star of the daytime drama who died earlier this week. It is scheduled to air May 28.

The network says cast members, friends and family of the actress will gather next week to tape a celebration of her life. Interviews with Cooper from the show's recent 40th anniversary and clips of her years on the show will also be included.

Cooper, who died Wednesday at 84, played grande dame Katherine Chancellor. She joined the soap six months after its March 1973 debut, staking claim to the title of its longest-tenured cast member.

The role earned her 11 Daytime Emmy nominations and a trophy for best actress in a drama series in 2008.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/jeanne-cooper-tribute-the-young-and-the-restless_n_3255397.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BradyB

Sounds good. I am hoping we get a Kay funeral with Los of returns as well!,

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks for posting, Daytime.

MidnightRain
Member Avatar
Jake & Marley ~ Jarley <333

This is going to be good! I am glad the show is taking a break from the stories to do an entire episode dedicated to the life of Jeanne Cooper. Such a great and special lady deserves nothing less. And I hope when they do Katherine's funeral, it will be just as big. There should be no other stories going on that day...the whole show should be just about Katherine.

I will definitely be watching on May 28...along with a box of Kleenex. :'(

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I will be watching.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

BradyB
May 10 2013, 09:43 PM
Sounds good. I am hoping we get a Kay funeral with Los of returns as well!,
It's going to be hard to top her 2008 funeral, especially with Jill at the helm.

Nina, Liz, Danny, Traci, even Dina Mergeron. I hope they give viewers something similar.

Soapwatcher

Hopefully if they do a funeral they bring back Brock and Mac, and Phillip too, after all she was his "stepmother" so to speak.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Wonderful of Y&R to do this for their Grande Dame. I hope with all of my being that I'll be able to watch this tribute somehow.

glamgirl

GREAT!!!!

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

All the true stars of the show there to give JC a tribute. :)

ratfink
Member Avatar

Sweet Lady... :wub2: I am so missing her... :blowkiss:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

BlissfulLily
May 21 2013, 07:04 PM
A few of the true stars of Y&R like Sharon Case and a couple others won't be there unfortunately, but yes it should be a lovely tribute :) I'll be tuning in :)

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
May 21 2013, 08:10 PM
BlissfulLily
May 21 2013, 07:04 PM
A few of the true stars of Y&R like Sharon Case and a couple others won't be there unfortunately, but yes it should be a lovely tribute :) I'll be tuning in :)
Sharon and Katherine weren't friends so its understandable.. But neither was a certain tranny with red hair so I'm not exactly sure why she's attending but I guess it could just be another one of MS's last demands before her ass is gone

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Jeanne Cooper Tribute Preview

Edited by bellajewel, May 22 2013, 04:58 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

We don't know who are friends with who on this show. They get along because they are team players. I'm sure they didn't single out JM, SC and MM and tell them they couldn't come because they weren't part of the club. This isn't the playground, it's a farewell to JC.

MidnightRain
Member Avatar
Jake & Marley ~ Jarley <333

Although Joshua Morrow and Elizabeth Hendrickson were not mentioned as being a part of the tribute show in the TV Guide article, you can see from the above preview that they are there. :)

And for an even better preview of the episode, check out this article/video. It was less than a minute long, and I was already crying! Gonna be hard to get through this episode. :'(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/22/jeanne-cooper-tribute-on-cbs-a-magnificent-woman-exclusive/

Also, I know there were some people wondering what Jeanne died of, well Corbin Bernsen shared it with everyone on his Facebook page. He said that she died of advanced COPD. You can read about it in further detail, plus much more information about the plans for her here:

https://www.facebook.com/corbinbernsen/posts/10151572683595914
Edited by MidnightRain, May 23 2013, 08:11 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

From all that I've seen thus far, I think TPTB will do a respectful job at remembering Jeanne Cooper and the leagacy she's had. What a lovely, giving women ...she is so missed.

Thank you for posting this! :)

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

MidnightRain
May 23 2013, 08:09 AM
Although Joshua Morrow and Elizabeth Hendrickson were not mentioned as being a part of the tribute show in the TV Guide article, you can see from the above preview that they are there. :)

And for an even better preview of the episode, check out this article/video. It was less than a minute long, and I was already crying! Gonna be hard to get through this episode. :'(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/22/jeanne-cooper-tribute-on-cbs-a-magnificent-woman-exclusive/

Also, I know there were some people wondering what Jeanne died of, well Corbin Bernsen shared it with everyone on his Facebook page. He said that she died of advanced COPD. You can read about it in further detail, plus much more information about the plans for her here:

Oh you are right, Midnight, it's going to be a tough episode, a full Kleenex box for this one.
Thanks for finding that.
I just don't understand why her COPD was kept such a secret, tons of people have COPD.
Edited by Sammie Jo, May 23 2013, 09:04 AM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

MidnightRain
May 23 2013, 08:09 AM

Thanks for posting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply