Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeanne Cooper Tribute Planned For 'Y&R' On May 28
Topic Started: May 10 2013, 04:40 PM (3,642 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

ITA Sammie. My Dad died of COPD and CHF.(congested heart failure) Didn't have to be a big secret for JC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jacquisoaps

Queen B
May 22 2013, 02:13 PM
Shick
May 21 2013, 08:10 PM
BlissfulLily
May 21 2013, 07:04 PM
All the true stars of the show there to give JC a tribute. :)
A few of the true stars of Y&R like Sharon Case and a couple others won't be there unfortunately, but yes it should be a lovely tribute :) I'll be tuning in :)
Sharon and Katherine weren't friends so its understandable.. But neither was a certain tranny with red hair so I'm not exactly sure why she's attending but I guess it could just be another one of MS's last demands before her ass is gone
It's not about Kay, it's about JEANNE. These were the actors who were closest to her.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

That tribute was a tear jerker. I loved it all :)
Rest in peace now Jeanne,
Katherine,
Mrs. C,
Marge.

natdot99
Member Avatar

The tribute was nice and elegant. I like how Jess Walton announced it will take several months to write Ms. Chancellor death storyline. I was also glad that they showed her two Daytime Emmys.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

What a wonderful tribute to a grand lady......it was apparent how much she was loved. A terrific job!
(did anyone else cry?)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

talbab1994
May 28 2013, 05:40 PM
What a wonderful tribute to a grand lady......it was apparent how much she was loved. A terrific job!
(did anyone else cry?)
Yes, would have cried a lot more if they had made it maudlin, so glad they kept it as light as possible.
When some of the cast couldn't hold it together, that was hard.
They did an excellent job imo.

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

Great tribute. Wish DAYS would have done something like that for Francis Reid.

Loved the Jeanne Cooper opening. Jess Walton was superb. The ending with her in tears got to me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
May 28 2013, 06:04 PM
talbab1994
(did anyone else cry?)
Yes, would have cried a lot more if they had made it maudlin, so glad they kept it as light as possible.
When some of the cast couldn't hold it together, that was hard.
They did an excellent job imo.
I agree, an excellent job. In that scene when JC went up the stairs and said goodnight, she had no make-up on. I believe she came from the hospital and filmed that scene. What a great tribute to herself and her loving co-workers...and to us...Wow, just wow... :wub2: :applause: :hail:

queenmoe06
Member Avatar

I am soo glad that they started with Jess and ended with her...my eyes was so damn puffy by time this was finished...
At the end when they showed JC saying Goodnight, and Jess cutting off the light...I lost it..

I swear I feel like I just lost my hero

Checkers
Member Avatar

Beautiful tribute!

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Very classy tribute put together for Jeanne. Loved all the stories and clips. Lovely intro by Jess and glad that it was said Katherine's death would be addressed in upcoming episodes.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Kudos to The Young and the Restless for the beautiful tribute. :applause:

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

talbab1994

(did anyone else cry?)
yeah... :facepalm:

tylerbo20

this was great good job YR...to bad ED wasn't in this one...I wish Days had done this for Francis as well.

soapfan01

Excellent tribute to Jeanne, it was hard to hold back tears especially when the cast themselves struggled to hold it together. I loved it! It couldn't be more fitting to Jeanne

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I liked it. But I thought they went overboard at the end, more acting and less real. (as if a light switch actually works on a set with removable walls)

LPS
Member Avatar

I wish they offered more clips of Jeanne back in the 1970s and 80s and less of the cast talking.

ratfink
Member Avatar

You can't please everybody. Myself, I thought it was done very well+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Goodnight Jeanne Cooper and thanks for the memories... :bye: :bye: :bye:
Edited by ratfink, May 28 2013, 11:22 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

Here is one of my favorite scenes with JC. There is another one with her practicing with a gun that I like.

Bremol
Member Avatar

I thought they did a wonderful job. The way they cut from one scene to the next on some of the scenes was a bit odd, but other than that, it was good. I loved the opening and the included interview bits of Jeanne. It was cute how they all had nicknames, either that she'd given them, or that they'd given her. Cracked me up when Stephen was telling how he'd started calling her Jean(ne) when he realized that's what her name was and she was like, "You call me Jeanne(ie), don't you?" Hahaha.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply