Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of May 13th
Topic Started: May 11 2013, 02:46 AM (3,714 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 12 2013, 02:05 AM
LuvingLumi
May 11 2013, 11:18 PM
Ej isn't going to be the one who hurt Rafe....they are painting him as the good guy in this story and that will complete the failure of the character

I think the problem is that those who love bad EJ wants him to be bad but not to bad. The writhers kept making him quilty of attempted murder but not actual murder because that might scare the fans away. I love both Ejami and bad EJ so I have been a Little concerned that pairing Ejami would make EJ good and boring, but so far I have loved them together but itīs possible that I would get bored with EJ if he is Everett for to long. Still even if EJ was with Nicole I think his hands would be tied since the writhers canīt make him to bad.
Except EJ is already guilty of murder. And several counts of attempted murder. Writing him as a "good guy" helps salvage Ejami but it goes against his true character. However, in this case, I would prefer EJ were not the guilty party. Rafe is smug enough as it is without EJ giving him extra incentive. I'm hoping this is Nick or Stefano's crime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

LanaluvsBroe
May 13 2013, 09:10 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi
Ej isn't going to be the one who hurt Rafe....they are painting him as the good guy in this story and that will complete the failure of the character

I think the problem is that those who love bad EJ wants him to be bad but not to bad. The writhers kept making him quilty of attempted murder but not actual murder because that might scare the fans away. I love both Ejami and bad EJ so I have been a Little concerned that pairing Ejami would make EJ good and boring, but so far I have loved them together but itīs possible that I would get bored with EJ if he is Everett for to long. Still even if EJ was with Nicole I think his hands would be tied since the writhers canīt make him to bad.
Except EJ is already guilty of murder. And several counts of attempted murder. Writing him as a "good guy" helps salvage Ejami but it goes against his true character. However, in this case, I would prefer EJ were not the guilty party. Rafe is smug enough as it is without EJ giving him extra incentive. I'm hoping this is Nick or Stefano's crime.
Are you talking about that cop that Patrick Lockheart killed Iīm not sure if it was ever knowned what or if EJ had a part in that?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

Technically, he's not guilty because he hasn't been neither charged nor convicted as far as I know. I know what you mean but I couldn't help it.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

EJ hasn't done anything REALLY sinister for quite awhile (since R2). It's just been some lying, embezzling, political dirty tricks, etc. Based on his writing since mid-2011, it seems like they've settled on making him more of a light version of a bad guy (i.e. no more raping, kidnapping, attempted murder, etc.). And really, that's where I'd prefer they keep him since TPTB also want to sell him as a romantic lead/family man. I just wish they would've done a little more explanation for why he's decided to have no more life of MAJOR crime. Losing his kids in 2011 and losing Lexie in 2012 could obviously be reasons, but I wish they would've explained his transformation better.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
May 13 2013, 09:21 AM
LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

Are you talking about that cop that Patrick Lockheart killed Iīm not sure if it was ever knowned what or if EJ had a part in that?
No I'm talking about that girl, Ava or whatever her name was that he killed a while back.

S loves EJ

LanaluvsBroe
May 13 2013, 09:39 AM
S loves EJ
LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
No I'm talking about that girl, Ava or whatever her name was that he killed a while back.
Ava left town maybe you are talking about Faye Nicoleīs mother, I donīt consider EJ quilty of that it was Rafe2 who did it without EJīs knowledge.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Chad & Abigail_D
May 12 2013, 06:10 AM
Dreamy
May 12 2013, 12:13 AM
Either its EJ or someone totally unexpected.
i would love it if both Nick & EJ were red herring
Pretty sure they both are otherwise this would be a short & pointless
story!

trojangal
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
May 11 2013, 11:14 PM
I hope Sami keeps her gun handy to take care of EJ if he dared to hurt Rafe.
In the eyes of the Days suits they want the audience to think EJ
did it but he is a red herring & I am guessing Nick is too.

;) Soap 101

trojangal
Member Avatar

Dreamy
May 12 2013, 12:13 AM
Either its EJ or someone totally unexpected.
I would go with someone other than the ones being set up on the show
they think they can fool the audience but the Days suits aren't that smart LoL !

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
May 13 2013, 09:28 AM
LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

EJ hasn't done anything REALLY sinister for quite awhile (since R2). It's just been some lying, embezzling, political dirty tricks, etc. Based on his writing since mid-2011, it seems like they've settled on making him more of a light version of a bad guy (i.e. no more raping, kidnapping, attempted murder, etc.). And really, that's where I'd prefer they keep him since TPTB also want to sell him as a romantic lead/family man. I just wish they would've done a little more explanation for why he's decided to have no more life of MAJOR crime. Losing his kids in 2011 and losing Lexie in 2012 could obviously be reasons, but I wish they would've explained his transformation better.

Exactly they are not writhing EJ to be a good guy but more gray than dark.

Bee
Member Avatar

EJ is such an obvious suspect. They dropped anvil sized hints that he was upset with Rafe all week so naturally it won't be him. It might be Nick but that seems really obvious too. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit but I'm hoping there is some sort of twist in all of this bore. I mean it is May Sweeps, right?

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Bee
May 13 2013, 10:18 AM
EJ is such an obvious suspect. They dropped anvil sized hints that he was upset with Rafe all week so naturally it won't be him. It might be Nick but that seems really obvious too. Maybe I'm giving the show too much credit but I'm hoping there is some sort of twist in all of this bore. I mean it is May Sweeps, right?
My money is on Ciara or Meredith from way back when.

lysie
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
May 13 2013, 09:39 AM
S loves EJ
LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You're talking about Eve who was the cop the previous post was talking about. And yes, it was confirmed that EJ was behind it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

.Ej did kill someone in the past...he's killed and attempted to kill....the writers don't know how to write the character, they never have because they always wanted to keep the option of him in a romantic lead character open. IMHO it's a failure because they way the character works is as a villain...you can't have it both ways...and EJ is not a grey character, he's plain evil...he's done enough bad things to those he's 'claimed to love' to last me a lifetime...and that includes his children too.....He's just like Stefano...but they've painted him in this 'I'm good' light now...he's pretty much like any other bad guy turned good guy now...he's not different than Rafe or Lucas or anyone...he's generic....

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

That was actually a decent promo.

samwel

Yes even though EJ was with Sami when Eve was killed he was ultimately responsble for all the black glove crimes.......and he has never been Stefano, even during his BSC days he still straddled grey.....and that is what I love about him, he fit in any range.........since 2008 most of his actions has been in reaction to something bad done to him, and keeping this trend since nothing was done to him this time there is no reason for him to attack Rafe......I mean EJ being 'bad' just so Sami would leave him is old and tired. -_-

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
May 13 2013, 09:28 AM
LanaluvsBroe
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

Except he hasn't actually transformed because he hasn't done anything to make up for the things he did. He walks around perfectlly happy and free enjoying life and doing exactly what he wants to do. He hasn't secretly donated money to Eve's family, or felt guilt for murdering her. He never confessed to clear John's name. He never apologized to the people he hurt, he just acts smug around them, or offended that they have the audacity to be mad at him.

For example, when Kayla was going through her first Christmas as a single mother. EJ, after torturing Kayla and her husband and getting off scott free, had the nerve to smirk at her and enjoy her pain and discomfort at coming face-to-face with him having a great time in her family's pub.

lachelle73

I think either Nik or the Jensen guy? It sound like Vargas may be helping Hope once she finds the envelope which is suppose to be next week. Maybe he tells her who he is to Nik and that is how Hope finds them or does Will or Sonny call Hope and tell her where they are? In the clip Rafe doesn't look badly beaten, I'm glad did not want to see him all beat up.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 13 2013, 10:42 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

.Ej did kill someone in the past...he's killed and attempted to kill....the writers don't know how to write the character, they never have because they always wanted to keep the option of him in a romantic lead character open. IMHO it's a failure because they way the character works is as a villain...you can't have it both ways...and EJ is not a grey character, he's plain evil...he's done enough bad things to those he's 'claimed to love' to last me a lifetime...and that includes his children too.....He's just like Stefano...but they've painted him in this 'I'm good' light now...he's pretty much like any other bad guy turned good guy now...he's not different than Rafe or Lucas or anyone...he's generic....

I disagree with this somewhat. EJ works as more than just an uber bad guy. JS can play the romantic/daddy stuff well, so I think this current "in between" version of EJ works well too. And I don't see him just like Rafe or Lucas. I can't imagine either of them in the scenes where they discussed killing Nick or committing corporate espionage. So he's not just a generic good guy IMO. However, I do agree that the writing turning him from uber bad guy to kinda bad guy should've been better.

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
May 13 2013, 10:42 AM
S loves EJ
LuvingLumi

I do think itīs important to writhe a character consistent and true to the character, the problem is that they wrothe EJ wrong starting from the rapescene, the writhers intended to writhe him as a villain and then off the show, but then he and Ejami became popular and they realized that they made a mistake and did their best to fix it. Still the reason I first loved EJ was that I always loved evil character as villains, EJ reminded me of Derek from Sunset Beach who was an evil twin and a serial killer but I only loved him as a villain because he was pure evil while I loved his good twin Ben as a good character. Someone once said that they liked EJ as a villain but no way was he a lovematch for Sami because he was evil and a rapist, and someone else said that they thought that the writhers were going to have EJ being obssessed over Sami without ever willingly have her similar to Stefanoīs relation with Marlena, and that is how I loved Ej and Ejami at first him as a villain being obssessed with her, but Iīm not sure if their relationship could have continue that way I donīt think the Ejami fans would have wanted EJ to kidnapp Sami and putting her in a cage trying to hypnotize her into loving her. An other problem with having EJ just as a villain is that villains is usually shortlived they only last for a storyline then they die and maybe comes back from the dead a fiew years later, to keep EJ on longer they need to have him in a romatic lead and make him more than one dimensional not just bad but someone that is struggling between his good and bad side. Anyway when I say that EJ is gray I mean the current version I know that he has been writhen as evil in other versions.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply