Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of May 13th
Topic Started: May 11 2013, 02:46 AM (3,564 Views)
TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Quote:

Abe, Marlena,John, Hope, Roman etc. have known Kristen personally for years. They lived through her last reign of terror. Ej has barely known her for 6 months. I must have missed the episode where he was nominated to be responsible for Kristen's actions

Sami thinks he is.

The point was that EJ is supposed to be changed even though it hasn't shown on screen. An example was given that he has changed because of how he acted at his sister's grave.

I pointed out that he was telling lies while standing over Lexie's grave. He didn't have to say anything at all. He could have kept silent on his sister. He chose to tell Abe that Kristen is completely reformed even though he knew full well she was going to hurt people.
Edited by TreasureCove, May 13 2013, 05:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
May 13 2013, 05:07 PM
michelle
May 13 2013, 05:02 PM
lysie
May 13 2013, 02:31 PM
tomsawyer
May 13 2013, 02:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
This is why I don't shake my head at you.
Yet she still LOVES them.

ETA: She still loves them, shit writing and all.
And that's okay.
I don't want you shaking your head at me.

But I know you will. :-/

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
May 13 2013, 05:12 PM
lysie
michelle
lysie
May 13 2013, 02:31 PM

Yet she still LOVES them.

ETA: She still loves them, shit writing and all.
And that's okay.

At least I don't roll my eyes at you. Usually.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:

Abe, Marlena,John, Hope, Roman etc. have known Kristen personally for years. They lived through her last reign of terror. Ej has barely known her for 6 months. I must have missed the episode where he was nominated to be responsible for Kristen's actions

Sami thinks he is.

The point was that EJ is supposed to be changed even though it hasn't shown on screen. An example was given that he has changed because of how he acted at his sister's grave.

I pointed out that he was telling lies while standing over Lexie's grave. He didn't have to say anything at all. He could have kept silent on his sister. He chose to tell Abe that Kristen is completely reformed even though he knew full well she was going to hurt people.
It doesn't really matter what Ej says about Kristen to Abe because he doesn't believe that she has changed anyway and never will. And it doesn't change the fact that it is still not Ej's responsibility. I totally get that there is quite a bit of hatred at Ej because of who he is romantically paired with at the moment. But realistically that does not make him responsible for every bad thing that happens in Salem. Lol. :laugh:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
May 13 2013, 05:20 PM
michelle
May 13 2013, 05:12 PM
lysie
michelle

And that's okay.

At least I don't roll my eyes at you. Usually.
Umm...am I in that category? :hh:

Here is the link to the Soapnet promo for this week. I'd try to imbed it - but evidently I'm imbedding challenged.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151438013527756&set=vb.54025165143&type=3&theater

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

MissLola
May 13 2013, 05:21 PM
TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:

Sami thinks he is.

It doesn't really matter what Ej says about Kristen to Abe because he doesn't believe that she has changed anyway and never will. And it doesn't change the fact that it is still not Ej's responsibility. I totally get that there is quite a bit of hatred at Ej because of who he is romantically paired with at the moment. But realistically that does not make him responsible for every bad thing that happens in Salem. Lol. :laugh:
No, but the fact that he's been involved in nearly every bad thing to happen in Salem since his "debut" makes him responsible. :lol:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I didn't say he was responsible for what Kristen does. As I said, EJ didn't have to say anything at all about Kristen to Abe. EJ said he wanted to change to honour his sister's memory. Than he stood over her grave and lied to Lexie's husband to help Kristen convince everyone she was sorry for what she'd done.

He was actively helping Kristen hurt Sami's mother right after claiming he wanted to honour his sister's wish for him to change

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 05:31 PM
I didn't say he was responsible for what Kristen does. As I said, EJ didn't have to say anything at all about Kristen to Abe. EJ said he wanted to change to honour his sister's memory. Than he stood over her grave and lied to Lexie's husband to help Kristen convince everyone she was sorry for what she'd done.

He was actively helping Kristen hurt Sami's mother right after claiming he wanted to honour his sister's wish for him to change
I wouldn't go that far. Ej just doesn't give a crap about what his siblings are up to as long as they don't screw things up for him with Sami.

EJ's not going to suddenly stop Kristen from using Brady, his past few conversations with her prove that.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Kristen was evil long before Ej was even born so I am not sure why he is responsible for telling the
residents of Salem what she is up to . From what I have been seeing on my tv screen most Salemites
have no illusions about Kristen's supposed reformation.
I guess there are viewers that hate EJ & Nick but at least they
are on screen & not languishing on the back-burner,since these writers can't
write exciting stories for "good guys" anymore.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I didn't expect him to stop her, that would show that EJ has changed and he feels guilt for hurting Marlena in the past :lol:

He just didn't have to help Kristen by lieing at Lexie's grave, by telling Abe that she's a good person. He didn't have to say anything at all.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 05:31 PM

I still fail to see your point. And what does any of this have to do with Ej possibly having been involved in Rafe's beating? :huh1: . I think everyone knows that Ej is no angel and never will be. His involvement in the Kristen situation is laughable compared to everything else he has ever done.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

lysie
May 13 2013, 02:15 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
May 13 2013, 02:12 PM
lysie
May 13 2013, 02:08 PM
michelle
May 13 2013, 01:31 PM

It's a shame that hasn't actually been referenced on screen.
It has. For example, he talked about it around Christmastime with Abe when they visited Lexie's grave.
Yeah. A reference isn't the same as something playing out.
It started here. I was pointing out that the writers want it both ways. They want the characters to say EJ's changed, they want EJ to say he's changed for Lexie. Yet in this very scene where he's standing over her grave speaking to her husband, he's participating in a lie that will hurt one of Lexie's friends, a woman that EJ has already hurt several times.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

trojangal
May 13 2013, 05:42 PM
Kristen was evil long before Ej was even born so I am not sure why he is responsible for telling the
residents of Salem what she is up to . From what I have been seeing on my tv screen most Salemites
have no illusions about Kristen's supposed reformation.
I guess there are viewers that hate EJ & Nick but at least they
are on screen & not languishing on the back-burner,since these writers can't
write exciting stories for "good guys" anymore.
I just want good stories and dialogue that make sense.
Edited by TreasureCove, May 13 2013, 06:07 PM.

MissLola
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
May 13 2013, 06:01 PM
lysie
May 13 2013, 02:15 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
May 13 2013, 02:12 PM
lysie
May 13 2013, 02:08 PM

It has. For example, he talked about it around Christmastime with Abe when they visited Lexie's grave.
Yeah. A reference isn't the same as something playing out.
It started here. I was pointing out that the writers want it both ways. They want the characters to say EJ's changed, they want EJ to say he's changed for Lexie. Yet in this very scene where he's standing over her grave speaking to her husband, he's participating in a lie that will hurt one of Lexie's friends, a woman that EJ has already hurt several times.
Uh... Thanks? :huh1:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

EJ changing for Lexie is total bullshit...it hasn't happened on screen, it's barely been referred to and if they really wanted to go that route then maybe this band of writers shouldn't have had Ej blackmail Rafe with the truth of his sister to get him away from Sami.....this story was very badly written from the start.

Sometimes I wish that the network wouldn't butt in and demand anything, because at the very least if they hadn't done that then this shit would have made more sense and if they did Ejami they could have made it way more believable to all of us.

samwel

They will never please/make it believable to ALL of us......bias and all/it goes against the pairing we want and all that that entails........but they have done a pretty darn good job IMO and I know I am not alone in thinking this.....as the old adage goes, you cannot please everyone.

Quote:

I still fail to see your point. And what does any of this have to do with Ej possibly having been involved in Rafe's beating? . I think everyone knows that Ej is no angel and never will be. His involvement in the Kristen situation is laughable compared to everything else he has ever done.

WORD! What I appreciate from EJ is that you see him admit to his base instincts......he wants to kill Nick but he is actually thinking about what it can cost him and how freeing it was when Sami came to him and we got scheme sex.....for someone asd reactionary as he is at times, it nice. His naysayers are getting no ammo this time around. :wub2:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Anyways... :ermm: :shrug: Back to the promo?

That soapnet version was pretty good! However, because it doesn't look like EJ and Sami were facing each other, I don't think Sami was talking him. It's probably Stefano. Plus, she's already mad at him were holding onto the evidence and calling her a pawn. This on top of that would have her fuming.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, May 14 2013, 11:17 AM.

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
May 13 2013, 02:16 PM
S loves EJ
May 13 2013, 01:30 PM
LuvingLumi
May 13 2013, 12:48 PM
tomsawyer
May 13 2013, 11:57 AM

and this is where I disagree....I think JS might work with romantic/daddy stuff shit but I have a tough time believing Ej when he does, solely based on the writing for the character all these years. If Ej was truly a person that loved his kids, he would have never done half of the stuff he did to THEM without even feeling bad about doing it. Let's face it....soap characters make bad decisions all the time, but it's the motivations that don't paint the characters into corners they can't seem to come out of. I know Ej came out of his corners all these years but the fact that he comes out and does basically nothing to convince me that he's truly sorry for his actions is the one problem I have with the guy. For example, I might not like the character but I could understand him kidnapping Sydney to cause Sami pain from keeping her from him....however, Sami had just gone through the 'death of Grace' and for him to purposely tell Sami that Syd died and make her believe that by planting the bloody baby clothing was a bit much. How can you love your daughter and fake her death? But what I really can't believe is when he sort of blackmailed Sami into telling a cancer stricken Johnny that she didn't love him. What excuse is there for that? How can he love his son, and tell him that? Did his hate for Sami trump his love for his kids? That's certainly what it seemed, and NOW I'm suppose to believe that he's this great dad, giving fatherly advice to Will of all people? It's total BS in my eyes. Ej isn't grey....grey characters walk a fine line between good and bad but never overstep those boundaries.....and if they do they live to regret it deeply. Ej has overstepped the boundaries into the dark side so many times but somehow it doesn't seem he gave a flip about anything. You shouldn't need to change the character so drastically to fit them into a pairing and I think that is where both Ej fails miserably.

I donīt think the sydnapping was a bad storyline but they went to far with it by having EJ fake Sydneyīs death, but he has shown some remorse for it he had this revaltion when he realized he was inlove with Sami when he kept saying - what have I done, what have I done, and he said after he was shoot that if Sami was the one that shoot him he deserved it. There is no excuse for what he said to Johnny but I think that even if EJ has made a couple of terrible mistakes he has been showned to love his kids and being a good dad most of the times.

He showed no remorse for it, he brought her back because Ana told him that Sami wanted a hero and that is why she was with Rafe....and true remorse comes with not doing something similar again...what occurred just a few months later?...he was doing something dastardly as bad to Johnny...forcing Sami to tell him that she didn't love him because she wanted to be with Rafe....

I donīt want character to learn from their mistakes to much, look at Sami she keeps making mistakes but she is boring when she is acting good and mature. I donīt want EJ to do domething to hurt the kids, but I donīt want him to stop being bad either.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply