Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS Casting (Or Recasting?) Role
Topic Started: May 11 2013, 11:33 AM (7,511 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DAYS is looking for an experienced actor to play the contract role of "Derek", a 23-26 year old gorgeous Caucasian male who must be AT LEAST 6'0 tall. "Derek" is described as "incredibly charismatic, intelligent, quick witted, and sincere.... When crossed, he can be dangerous." The description suspiciously matches that of Chad DiMera, played by Casey Jon Deidrick since 2009. Deidrick, whose current contract reportedly expires shortly, has recently booked prime-time appearances on GLEE and REVOLUTION.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-or-recasting-role
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This is pretty obvious. Don't think DAYS needs to recast the character...should just let it fade away or go out with a bang. I have a feeling Chad and Abigail are going to ramp up a little bit. That's the only reason I see a recast being needed. His death could provide story, especially if something big is going on with the DiMeras. Could provide Kate Mansi great material too. Sigh.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Why bother recasting? They barely use the character as it is and they've already got a talented and charismatic actor being wasted in the role.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
May 11 2013, 11:33 AM

DAYS is looking for an experienced actor to play the contract role of "Derek", a 23-26 year old gorgeous Caucasian male who must be AT LEAST 6'0 tall. "Derek" is described as "incredibly charismatic, intelligent, quick witted, and sincere.... When crossed, he can be dangerous." The description suspiciously matches that of Chad DiMera, played by Casey Jon Deidrick since 2009. Deidrick, whose current contract reportedly expires shortly, has recently booked prime-time appearances on GLEE and REVOLUTION.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-or-recasting-role
Maybe its the real Elvis.

michr544125

Grandpa Hughes
May 11 2013, 11:37 AM
Why bother recasting? They barely use the character as it is and they've already got a talented and charismatic actor being wasted in the role.
I was thinking the same thing. Though I much much much prefer Abby with Chad, I don't see the point in recasting him. They barely use Chad. Unless they knew Casey was leaving a long time ago, which would explain very little story for months. But Cam and Abby have no chemistry so not sure how much longer they can stick with them two. I think they should have brought Cam on as a gay character to play a third party in the Sonny/Will story. I still wish they would bring Tad into the mix instead of recasting or bringing on new characters in this age group. Tad at least is played by an actor that can act and the character has a lot of personality.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Number 1,000,001 on the list of reasons I just can't with Days...

run to me
Member Avatar

Casey has been playing the role of Chad since the beginning. Anyone else in the role will just be weird for me. I think it's stupid to re-cast the character that's on 4-5 times a month. (sometimes even less) i say kill him off and do a good S/L with it (Oh wait i forgot, This DOOL i'm talking about) or have the character leave town.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

run to me
May 11 2013, 12:34 PM
Casey has been playing the role of Chad since the beginning. Anyone else in the role will just be weird for me. I think it's stupid to re-cast the character that's on 4-5 times a month. (sometimes even less) i say kill him off and do a good S/L with it (Oh wait i forgot, This DOOL i'm talking about) or have the character leave town.

they recasted Cameron lol

Mason

That's a relief. I was so worried Chad would no longer be around when CD left....

.....thought Mason never.

Romancer66

So, if this is a Chad recast, that means relative newbie Abigail will be stuck between NuCameron and NuChad. Shades of the Faux J&J era, when MR suddenly left and TPTB had to recast in a hurry. So there was a NuJack, a NuJennifer, and newbie Peter--and a commensurate lack of interest from viewers who had no one familiar with whom to identify. I foresee the same reaction here: zzzzzzzzzz. Abigail's love life has become just as dull and pointless as her mother's.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Won't believe it till it's confirmed that Casey is leaving. I have a feeling that SOD is just speculating because no new word on CD's contract status, and that he has already had guest appearances on Glee & Revolution.

am103
Member Avatar

Seriously? What would even be the point of Chad being recast? It's not like he's done anything spectacular in the amount of time he's been on the show.

Four years seem to be long enough for the younger actors on this show it seems. Both Shelley Hennig and Molly Burnett left after four years, and it sounds as though Casey is doing the same, if this is him. Days needs to put the Chad/Abigail/Cameron thing to rest. Ditch both characters, and bring on Andrew Donovan or somebody else for Abby.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel like a crazy person because I would welcome a recast, if they're going to do something with the character, instead of some random brand new guy.

I dunno. With the way Chloe comes and goes, and the fact that they didn't find a decent recast for Phillip to keep that character around...or even recasts for Chelsea and Max when they took off...I'd like them to show a little loyalty to a character. Even a weak arguably useless one like Chad.

Plus I could never get into Chad because he reminds me of the first teenage/adult Shawn Brady. A new person...I might be able to give it a fair shot.

Penney
Member Avatar

Romancer66
May 11 2013, 01:30 PM
So, if this is a Chad recast, that means relative newbie Abigail will be stuck between NuCameron and NuChad. Shades of the Faux J&J era, when MR suddenly left and TPTB had to recast in a hurry. So there was a NuJack, a NuJennifer, and newbie Peter--and a commensurate lack of interest from viewers who had no one familiar with whom to identify. I foresee the same reaction here: zzzzzzzzzz. Abigail's love life has become just as dull and pointless as her mother's.
The difference here is Abigail/Chad are not an established couple or characters with years of history like Jack/Jennifer were when they were recast.
Edited by Penney, May 11 2013, 03:55 PM.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

If Casey is leaving by choice, it better be because he thinks he can make it as an actor somewhere else. Given the track record of everyone who has left Days in recent years, he might want to rethink that. Also, he's in for a world of disappointment if he thinks he can sustain himself with a musical career because that song he released was beyond awful. Death metal, even with a softer voice like Chandler's added to it, simply does not sell to the masses. Maybe he has aspirations of being a bar band musician. If that's his dream, then I wish him all the best although I think he will fail spectacularly and he should have milked the Days cash cow for as long as they would have let him.

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

DiMeraFan67
May 11 2013, 11:35 AM
This is pretty obvious. Don't think DAYS needs to recast the character...should just let it fade away or go out with a bang. I have a feeling Chad and Abigail are going to ramp up a little bit. That's the only reason I see a recast being needed. His death could provide story, especially if something big is going on with the DiMeras. Could provide Kate Mansi great material too. Sigh.
I would rather have him be recasted then kill another DiMera.

Romancer66

Penney
May 11 2013, 03:54 PM
Romancer66
May 11 2013, 01:30 PM
The difference here is Abigail/Chad are not an established couple or characters with years of history like Jack/Jennifer were when they were recast.
True. I don't know if that makes the prospect of NuChad/NewbieAbigail/NuCameron better or worse. I do know that I couldn't care less about either iteration of this triangle!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I actually like Casey in the role now. Since he hasn't done much though, a recast wouldn't be too hard to accept.

james0479
Member Avatar

I like Casey but I've never really understood the point of Chad.... Especially as a Dimera. There was no real bang to that " twist" and it's still yet to fully go anywhere. If Casey wants to leave, I wouldn't blame him. I'd personally find it insulting to recast him cuz I'd feel like " Oh, once I decide to pursue other things, THEN you have story for me?!" Go figure. I do like the potential of Chad and Abby but that may be lost with a recast....Casey and Kate have chemistry. Who knows if some new dude would have that same chemistry with her. And if they chose to kill the character off, that's sadly dull because he's rarely used and it wouldn't be a death that would have long term ramifications. Then again, we don't even know if this has anything to do with Casey or Chad anyway lol.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Chad DiMera. I still shake my head. There hasn't been such an incongruous name on this show since Elvis Banks, and that was on purpose.

It's like if there was a Brett Cassadine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply